Star Player
Star Player

Re: English Coaches .... Team England Committee Election 201

Post by mubo »

Happy with timescales suggested above.

Support Wulfyn's system for the following reasons:
- allows candidates to cast a vote, allowing a voice if not elected
- no tactical voting considerations
- simple to understand (though not implement :wink: )

Reason: ''
Glicko guy.
Team England committee member
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

I’m also happy with the timescale that Jim has posited.

Also v happy with Wulfyn’s suggestion for voting.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Happy with Wulfyn's suggestion to just rank candidates in order of preference.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
deeferdan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by deeferdan »

Pipey wrote: Obviously Wulfyn should be allowed to cast a vote as an English player, so the position is necessarily compromised. Sann to find another non-English non-voting person to check the result?
Can I propose we approach Hawca, as the second, if he is willing.

- deeferdan -

England NC
Midlands RC
Blood Bowling nomad

Beard man's foil http://doubleskulls.libsyn.com/
Wulfyn
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Wulfyn »

Bit late on this one but I also 100% think you should not stand down for election Jim!! The passion you have brought to this process I think is a great sign of how you would approach the task if elected. I am in no way questioning your honesty or integrity, it's just about doing things the right way.

I think Sann and Hawca are great choices for returning officer / witness. I would propose that if people send their votes to Sann he can collect them all up. I am happy to assist in ensuring that the process is followed correctly but agree with pipey that as a voter I too should not be the returning officer. However I am totally open to helping so my suggestion is that once Sann has collected the results and they have been witnessed that he anonymises the results so that I can help but without knowing who anyone voted for (again whilst I'd hope people would trust my discretion there is a right way to do this and me knowing what all other English voters had gone for would be inappropriate).

This way I can support Sann in calculating the results but without any special knowledge of who voted for whom. With regard to the results would people just want to know the 4 winners, or at what stage each person were eliminated, or the total vote number at each stage, or something else?

Also I heard talk at some stage with regard to how members would be re-elected, with different members serving different terms so that one position each year was renewed. If this (or something like this, for example) is likely, do we want the result of this election to determine that?

Edit: sann i just knocked up a spreadsheet over lunch that should automate the process. Having some internet issues atm but when fixed I'll pop it onto a google doc and put the link here for people to review.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

Pipey wrote:The big positive from all of this is that the end point is a committee who can make decisions in a much clearer way. So the "which system has the most support?" debate will be easier to make sense of.

I have no objections to Wulfyn’s system other than it seems sensible that only people without a stake in the process should be involved in counting / returning a result. Obviously Wulfyn should be allowed to cast a vote as an English player, so the position is necessarily compromised. Sann to find another non-English non-voting person to check the result?

Disagree with the “OK if it lasts until Christmas” way of thinking. The voting process has been set up with a particular timescale, voters and committee candidates asked to take part on that basis. Another long period of discussion and decision vacuum will be a momentum drain and risks boring the pants of people, frankly. I am behind Jim’s suggestion to postpone for a few days then press on as per the initial voting structure set out.
This is pretty much what I would have said. Only put better!

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Agreed that Hawca would be a good returning officer if he is willing to assist us. I'll send Andy a message.

It could easily be argued that representatives of Team Scotland and Team Wales, and in fact anyone who is part of our broad community and who knows some of the candidates better than other candidates, are likely to have bias in their views of our committee election. I don't actually think that matters. The key is to have trustworthy returning officers who are not candidates and to have more than 1 so that any errors are picked up before the result is announced.

So I'd like to argue here that Wulfyn can be one of our returning officers as well as being a voter in the election. I would trust Sann or Hawca or Wulfyn individually to produce a correct count and would certainly trust the result if all 3 agree to be returning officers and agree on the count. Does that make sense?

Perhaps we should also invite an Irishman to the count?! :lol:

speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Ok, the good news this morning is that Hawca (thanks Andy) is happy to act as a returning officer alongside Sann.

A remaining question is do we want a third person involved in the count? If so, my view is that it should be someone from the TE community (although not a candidate in the election) rather than a third person from a different national community?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

speedingbullet wrote:Ok, the good news this morning is that Hawca (thanks Andy) is happy to act as a returning officer alongside Sann.

A remaining question is do we want a third person involved in the count? If so, my view is that it should be someone from the TE community (although not a candidate in the election) rather than a third person from a different national community?
A third person to count? If you decide you really need a third person to count (and I'm sure Sann and Hawca can count just fine) then I'll help out.
But, honestly, you don't need a third. ;)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Two seems like plenty to me, Jim.

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Yeah I think two's fine.

Are we sorted here?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Pipey wrote:Yeah I think two's fine.

Are we sorted here?
It's looking that way. If it stays that way I'll set the vote going on Sunday evening.

Wilf
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Wilf »

I’m happy with timescale and Wulfyn’s election model too.

Like beer and Blood Bowl? Then the STABB Cup is for you!
speedingbullet
Star Player
Star Player

Post by speedingbullet »

Voting is now open. The deadline for submission of votes is Sunday 23 September at 10pm. Please read the first two posts of this thread carefully and in full before voting. Best of luck to all the nominees.

Our Returning Officers are Sann and Hawca. Results will be posted by the Returning Officers on this thread early in week commencing Monday 24 September.

TeamEnglandAdmin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TeamEnglandAdmin »

To vote in the Team England Committee Election 2018, please send me a PM. But before you do, please read the first two posts of this thread carefully and in full.

Remember, you have to rank all 8 nominees in order of preference from your most favoured to least favoured.

The deadline for submission of votes is Sunday 23 September at 10pm.

Returning Officers are Sann and Hawca. Results will be posted by the Returning Officers on this thread early in week commencing Monday 24 September.