Blood Bowl tournament tactics - (1 mil & Star environmen

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

As for the stars - I'd drop a mark off someone's score if they had stars on their team, and if they were scoring marks for sportsmanship, but it wouldn't impact my "favourite opponent" in any way. At the end of the day, team composition is a small factor to consider in sportsmanship.
I went into Res thinking this way, but I've changed my mind since then. Stars have their drawbacks (I think you mentioned elsewhere on the board how to deal with them ;)), I don't think taking one should have any bearing on how good a sport someone is. Same goes for low FF. There are many ways to compose a team, if someone wants to take a risk and blow lots of cash on a Star I say go for it. All your other comments are spot on though, it's how I rate my opponents as well.

That said, I wish the Stars were a bit better represented between all the races. It's true that you see the same ones all the time.

Reason: ''
The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/

Post by Guest »

As for Grim, one of LF's defeats at Res was an all Dwarf game against one of the ECBBL bighats fielding a Grim.
That was me and I will not be doing that again. He really is not worth it. I shall be going with my standard Dwarf starting lineup. :)

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

If that's you Shane then register a bloody account you dozey scouser :lol:

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
TBL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TBL »

Oops yes it is me.
I thought I was automatically logged in. :oops:

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I agreed with using Stars if the rules allow for it without lossing sportsmanship ... for instance if I was single, I'd have tried to go ... my team for fun would be:

Deeproot Strongbranch
2 Treemen
10 Halflings
4 Rerolls
6 FF

Throw a Rock and Pitch Invasion do numbers of Flings with the +1 to injury so the higher FF is actually somewhat important than for other teams with tournament rosters.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i gave my sportmanship vote to a guy who beat me at T5....
He was a nice mate=>LF

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
kaboom
Super Star
Super Star

Post by kaboom »

hummmmmmm.............
i know............. ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG
or matbe griff

Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

PBEM & FF

Post by Slinky78 »

Thanks Galak. Tried to check the REBBL link from bloodbowl.net but with no success. Is there a single PBEM tool floating about for download or are there hundreds of versions floating about?
Also noticed somewhere previously a comment about low ff being a bit gamey or words to that effect and would have to join those who disagree, as it's a one of tournament on a tight budget it's more just a gamble whether to expose yourself on the kickoffs for the sake of a little more talent on the field. What I don't understand is why people think it's ok for league teams to start with ff's of 7,8,9, especially when it's often the same people who want games to be played 'in character'. I don't know many teams in any sport who have a vast following before they've even played one game. That seems much more gamey to me.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Well, i agree stars for Hlalfies/gobboz team. But for the other ones....
Let me think, ho YES, HE have a great Stars player....Why the hell GW have done this guy called Moranion?
Can anybody answer me with a good reason?

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Well, if Stars are going to be allowed at the Blood Bowl, Im going to switch my Kroxigor for SiliBili. I don't like the idea of star players mostly from a storyline/background kinda view...ie Griff Oberwald isn't going to play for any old human team..

But as my lizardmen are the champs I'm sure SiliBili would be happy to play for them. :D

Apart from that, my lineup is probably going to be unaltered (-1ff though, for the cost difference between SiliBili and a Krox).

Personally I think the final is going to be wide open..I've already won it so just going for NAF rankings and Beer....

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Mocaiv
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mocaiv »

Venomous Breath wrote:Personally I think the final is going to be wide open..I've already won it so just going for NAF rankings and Beer....
I thought we were all going for the beer!

[url=http://www.wargamesunlimited.com/bloodbowl/ucbbl2005/index.html][img]http://www.wargamesunlimited.com/bloodbowl/images/ucbbl/banner-ucbbl.jpg[/img]
[size=134]Wargames Unlimited Blood Bowl League[/size][/url]
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Mocaiv wrote: I thought we were all going for the beer!
Going for the beer in England,
You must be joking :lol:

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

I think I'll book a hotel for Friday through Monday so I can really get some drinking done. I intend to celebrate on Sunday night regardless of whether I win or not, just happy for the chance to play against so many of the (hopefully) best players in the world at last.

I shall probably take my Skaven .. but that depends on the rules. I doubt I'll take any Big Guys or Star Players, but I hope to try out the options.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Book at the Travellodge.
Apparently its only five mins from GW HQ (conveniant for staggering back from Bugmans on saturday evening), and its where most people stayed for res.
I'm booked there, and I'm pretty sure Spyke (and therefore probably BigD) is as well. Dunno about the rest of you lot...

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
McSnaga
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by McSnaga »

The nearest chain hotel I know of is actually the Travel Inn (not the Travelodge). Nottingham (City South) - NG7 1GX.
http://www.travelinn.co.uk
This is about 1 mile away - less than 5 mins by taxi .. or staggerable (horrible word). I have used this one for an event at Bugman's Bar before.

The nearest Travelodge I could find is considerably further south.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. "
Terry Pratchett