[House Rulez] BB XLIII Rules preview posted on HR site

Moderators: lunchmoney, Jimjimjimany, Boneless, deeferdan, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Presumably, but it won't make any difference since all the packs are printed.

Since it looks like the painting is judged EVERY GAME, according to the match record cards I have in front of me, what may count as themed for one may not for another.

"My theme is that my team plays blood bowl. In black and white stripes. All of them are humans."

Should get full points for that :roll:

Also, the quiz will be interesting for all the non-English speakers out there. Which if the TBB record is anything to go by will be about 40%

Reason: ''
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Chill a bit. Have a beer and go for the wooden spoon.
Oh, I am calm (right now) :wink: . But I won't go for the wooden spoon. With these rules, you will see more cometition for last place then for the top table! :lol: :lol: :lol: I will rather chicken out there. Too tough for me. :lol:

But I guess once I see the final results I will go :evil: This might be another tournament where someone with two losses might win the tournament while someone else wins all his games and ends up 55th. :(
It would be fair to have a translation of the test to every language GW deliveres an officially translated rulebook for (French, German, Spanish). (yeah right, like this would happen ... )
The German translation is full of errors. I could give a "correct" German answer which is wrong in English. I hope they drop this test! Or else we as participants make up a test for the refs there. I am sure some won't pass it :lol: (and I can make up this test in German, if you want. Fair is fair, guys) :wink:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Seems a bit daft to me quiz counting towards the total/ sportsmanship / painting all holding too much power over the final result. I'll play my game etc, but all of the above i'll be ignoring

McDeth,
"Can't Sleep Clowns will eat me"

"Who's that Reverend Green??"
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Perhaps then the painting will be similar to the other tournaments they do where your average score is used at the end. Any indication of that Indigo?

I suppose we can always get the results sheet and strip all the superfluous points off and have a look at just game play for ourselves, but a shame that that's necessary. The winner should be the best coach, the best painter should get an award of their own. I agree it's nice to have well painted teams with customised re-rolls and staff etc, but the weighting seems severe.

narkotic
Da Collector

Post by narkotic »

The only sensible explanation that I have is that GW wants to take out some steam, making the event less competetive and less appealing for powergamers and to keep coaches who have lost their first games happy and dedicated.

If you know that the match results arne't decicive in the first place for winning the tourney, then everything may be more relax (or at least that's the way GW thinks to disarm annoying types to spoil the fun of others).

Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

It looks as if Star Players are going to be reduced to basically Zug and the Gobbo's.
Although Zara still looks playable with the Amazon squad:

Zara
2x Blitzer
2x Other Pos Players (2 throw, 2 catch or 1 throw and 1 catch)
6x Linewoman

2x Reroll
2x Fan Factor.

Furelli

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
firebreather
Champion Muppet

Post by firebreather »

And i thought they couldn`t make the rules as bad as last year, i was right there a hell of a lot worse :( The theme of my team will be they`re a space marine bloodbowl team, should work really well with the WYSIWYG rule as they`ve all got boltguns, i think the organisers will like that. :D

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

best paint numbers on them steve

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Luthor will almost certainly be about on a few Necro rosters. Give him a couple of ghouls or a wolf plus some line fodder and you have a roster that could be decent.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Doc Drak
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doc Drak »

- 60% playing points
- 40% non playing points (10 for Knowledge, 10 for Sportsmanship, 20 for Painting)

I think excesive for a thing called tournament.

Nothing to say about 'anti-bashing', scoring system :evil: .

Doc Drak
8)

[b]Organizer[/b] [url=http://www.vmb.tbbl.org/]Valencia Master Bowl[/url].
[url=http://www.tbbl.org][img]http://galeon.hispavista.com/forost/img/tymoraforo2.jpg[/img][/url]
Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Thadrin wrote:Luthor will almost certainly be about on a few Necro rosters. Give him a couple of ghouls or a wolf plus some line fodder and you have a roster that could be decent.
What even though Hypo Gaze isn't worth a thing anymore.

Furelli

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Al the Trowel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Al the Trowel »

Hmm so I'm paying £40 to sit an exam on my Blood Bowl knowledge? (and play some games that are rigged in favour of high scorers that are well painted - Hash Rats to win perchance?). Is this knowledge just going to be the rules or am I going to have mug up on all the Did you knows and fluff too?

[i]No, [b]this[/b] is a trowel[/i]

[size=75]Nuffle is a Blackshirt[/size]
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Furelli wrote:
Thadrin wrote:Luthor will almost certainly be about on a few Necro rosters. Give him a couple of ghouls or a wolf plus some line fodder and you have a roster that could be decent.
What even though Hypo Gaze isn't worth a thing anymore.

Furelli
He's still ST5 AG4. Always handy to have. MA7 Dodge (blodge after skill selection) ghouls and you've got a good team.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

What it is is a straight copy of the WH and presumably 40K GT rules.
10/10 13/7 and 17/3 equate to draw, minor victory and solid victory.
And themed, incidenttly is:
Themed
The player has themed the force,
adding a piece of background text
to the force roster which is clearly
representative of the force itself and
the particular theme the player is
presenting.The background text is
legible and between 200 and 600
words in length.

So after your quiz revising, get that essay written! I just can't believe that after all the tournaments run over the last couple of years all over the world the best they can do is that. I'm appallled.

Don't know whether to ignore all the BS and just worry about the W/L/D for NAF ranking purposes or just take halflings.. Either way I won't be writing any fluff. Bollocks to that. Who's gonna read it?

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Sputnik
Loretta

Post by Sputnik »

Who's gonna read it?
I would! :lol:

Shall we make a halfling competion then? :wink:

Sputnik

I won some impressive titles in 198X, some more in 199X, even more impressive titles in 200X, some of them REALLY impressive, and a few even MORE impressive! Not to mention a lot of less impressive ones.