Eurobowl 2013 - teaser

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Eurobowl 2013 - teaser

Post by Topper »

Niebling we found out 7 games was bad and not good for determining the most "fair" winner when playing Swissdraw the way we do it.
(See the old EB thread for the discussion).

Reason: ''
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Topper wrote:Niebling we found out 7 games was bad and not good for determining the most "fair" winner when playing Swissdraw the way we do it.
Yeah but 7 games means more for our money!

It was great but whatever the hosts think. :D

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Smurf

Post by Smurf »

After last year... Wanna go! Got to get naked with the Finns again.

The Memsahib wants to come too and she'll most likely go visiting Vienna and we may hook up with an old friend, maybe two if the other can come up from Innsbruck.

After last years initiation, there is nothing better than spending the rest of my life touring europe playing Blood Bowl with like minded nuts.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Smurf; I recommend you have a read of the team England forum to pick up the latest travel information.

Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

Topper wrote:Niebling we found out 7 games was bad and not good for determining the most "fair" winner when playing Swissdraw the way we do it.

So what your saying is, that the real winner of EURO 2012 was the team on top after 6 rounds? ;) :smoking: :orc:

Smurf

Post by Smurf »

Purplegoo wrote:Smurf; I recommend you have a read of the team England forum to pick up the latest travel information.
I'll most likely fly out of Bristol... it's where I live.

edreams has some good deals and may go to Bratislava (nice Beer too). I don't want to go to London again this year, once will be enough.

What is the deal on accommodation, or is it DIY?

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

That info is also available at team England. 'Latest travel information'.

Good luck with your Bristol travel. If you could report any great deals you find on the TE thread, I'd appreciate it. We've had trouble with the Bratislava route back to the UK, but if you've solved that problem, please let us know!

/threadnap

Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

We decided on 6 games like all the years before 2012. Not only because we think a weekend full of drin... partying without some sleep is hard enough with 6 matches but because we think that:
1. 6 matches are enough to determine a fair winner (Hello Topper!) and
2. €Bowl is as much about socializing as it is about the tournament. 6 Matches is the perfect mix to have a truckload of both.

And to be honest: Yes there was one single €Bowl with 7 matches and it happened to have been last year. We didn't quite like the 4th game on saturday (being exhausted and all), so we decided that we don't have to do it every year from now on. Moreover, I already answered that question on this thread in January.
So, sorry folks, we are determined to keep it at 6 matches.

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Niebling wrote:

So what your saying is, that the real winner of EURO 2012 was the team on top after 6 rounds? ;) :smoking: :orc:
Nah it has little to do with that - but the number of possible matchups etc.

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Niebling wrote:

And what are you saying, that the highest ranked team that did not organise yet after 6 rounds should organise it and we still go to Belgium? :roll:

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Niebling wrote: So what your saying is, that the real winner of EURO 2012 was the team on top after 6 rounds? ;) :smoking: :orc:
Yes and also that a poor team like France (who by the way smashed the Danish Chipleaders to death on the 7th round) do not deserve the win, since it is a known fact that France is not one of the top 5 bloodbowl nation... (which are: england, danmark, england, italy and ... england)

Joke appart, i am still a firm believer that the most rounds, the fairest the result. In a perfect world we should be able to face each and every nation (for more than 10 games*). But the organiser has the end word no matter what we think and i am sure it will be a great event.

*just an idea poping now: what about making smaller teams (4 players) but 2 per country, this would allow 6x2 = 12 games for each country and thus make a fairest result maybe ?

Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

Turin wrote:We decided on 6 games like all the years before 2012. Not only because we think a weekend full of drin... partying without some sleep is hard enough with 6 matches but because we think that:
1. 6 matches are enough to determine a fair winner (Hello Topper!) and
2. €Bowl is as much about socializing as it is about the tournament. 6 Matches is the perfect mix to have a truckload of both.

And to be honest: Yes there was one single €Bowl with 7 matches and it happened to have been last year. We didn't quite like the 4th game on saturday (being exhausted and all), so we decided that we don't have to do it every year from now on. Moreover, I already answered that question on this thread in January.
So, sorry folks, we are determined to keep it at 6 matches.

Thx for the info :)

murley
Rookie
Rookie

Post by murley »

Elyoukey wrote:
Niebling wrote: So what your saying is, that the real winner of EURO 2012 was the team on top after 6 rounds? ;) :smoking: :orc:
Yes and also that a poor team like France (who by the way smashed the Danish Chipleaders to death on the 7th round) do not deserve the win, since it is a known fact that France is not one of the top 5 bloodbowl nation... (which are: england, danmark, england, italy and ... england)
The Danes lost the tournament on saturday night.. we gambled with shave their moustache off if they lost and did not accept.. :lol: :wink: there was a good reason i'm only joking :smoking:

I don't mind if 6 rounds.. we'll make the "trip a round the world" at the Pointer's 8)

THE BLUE SQUIG PLATFORM: FOR A LBN WITHOUT CORRUPTION AND WITH TRANSPARENCY
Maybe we are not the best LBN's coaches. Maybe we don't need it..
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

murley wrote:
Elyoukey wrote:
The Danes lost the tournament on saturday night.. we gambled with shave their moustache off if they lost and did not accept.. :lol: :wink: there was a good reason i'm only joking :smoking:

I don't mind if 6 rounds.. we'll make the "trip a round the world" at the Pointer's 8)
Hehe that´s true - was so stupid of us ;)

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Turin wrote:Yes, the date is not goint to change. It will be the 26th/27th octobre. I am aware that in your line of work it is often very hard to get the right weekends off (even more so if it goes for a real vacation), so believe me: The date is fix.
Perfect!

The weekend before there's also a congress in Vienna- I am considering to go to both and plan some vacation the week between :wink:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015