Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Papa Sebco
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: WORLD CUP 2019 in Dornbirn, 3.-6. Oct. 2019

Post by Papa Sebco »

Really cool!

I really like World Cup for that!

Already 22 USA coachs & 14 australian coachs are impressive figures too.

Reason: ''
sumbloke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by sumbloke »

Question: will anything be organised for partners to do during the days while we're playing?

Run away! It's an... um... run away!
-Nomad sentry
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

sumbloke wrote:Question: will anything be organised for partners to do during the days while we're playing?
There is nothing officially planned since we don't know how many partners are coming and what their interest are. But we are assisting to help find things to to if you write an mail to the official email address worldcup4@sbbm-turniere.com

You can also check on the website about all the things which are nearby and have a certain interest for sightseeing, activities and shopping.

Nuffle Sucks! Heretic, NBA
www.biboba.de
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

Just 45 days left for the Early Bird at the WorldCup 2019 and just over 500 registration so far.

The Early Bird price is valid if the payment is received on or before December 31, 2018.

vulturesquadron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vulturesquadron »

How easy would it be to change a single ticket? if I later join a Squad.
Thanks

Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

If you join just write in the comment with whom do you want to play.

canteloup
Veteran
Veteran

Post by canteloup »

So as a disabled traveller I need an accessible hotel with a wet room bathroom. So far I have discovered that the Four Points Sheraton is suitable and am looking at others.

Can I book a specific room in a specific hotel through the discount booking system?

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

canteloup wrote:So as a disabled traveller I need an accessible hotel with a wet room bathroom. So far I have discovered that the Four Points Sheraton is suitable and am looking at others.

Can I book a specific room in a specific hotel through the discount booking system?
I have contacted the Tourism office and wait now for an answer. I'll let you know by email about the status on this

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

vulturesquadron wrote:How easy would it be to change a single ticket? if I later join a Squad.
Thanks
Twyllenimor wrote:If you join just write in the comment with whom do you want to play.

I rather not have you do that. This will be a major hassle to sort out single coaches and squads. Please look for a squad before you sign up. If you sign up as single player during the Early Bird phase and you will find a squad after the deadline your squad will be treated as regular price, including you. The Early Bird discount will not be applicable to you any longer....if you sign up as a single coach, you will be put into a squad in April by us and the Early Bird discount will apply.

www.biboba.de
Slimjono
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Slimjono »

My team is looking to remove an extra or clear up if we can pay for entry at early bird and extras at a later date? Thanks

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Slimjono wrote:My team is looking to remove an extra or clear up if we can pay for entry at early bird and extras at a later date? Thanks
I apologize, but I don't understand entirely what your question is. I think I know what you meant, but to be sure, can you write an email to worldcup4@sbbm-turniere.com, please? It might be easier to discuss it directly

Thanks
Torsten

www.biboba.de
Twyllenimor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twyllenimor »

Just 20 days left for the Early Bird at the WorldCup 2019 and nearly 700 registrations so far.

The Early Bird price is valid if the payment is received on or before December 31, 2018.

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Today is a day to remember the good ol' days, when the World Cup was a small, family atmospheric event and was still considered the largest Blood Bowl tournamnet ever. Nowadays, numbers of certain tournaments in Spain and France reach the numbers easily, at least it seems so. Then Andrea Parella came and organized the World Cup in Lucca at a time when Blood Bowl wasn't supported for years and people believed it was going to die. Andrea Parella and his group put an event together that not only doubled the numbers of the previous World Cup, but the organization went flawless and it left coaches and visitors in awe for the weeks and months afterwards. Many people believe that the World Cup in Lucca opened the eyes of Games Workshop about what great product they had ignored for the past years. Lucca was an impressive display of how great the Blood Bowl community is and that they stick together, supported or not, and enjoy an extended weekend of not only playing the game they love (and/or hate), but meeting friends, making new friends from other countries and continents, and have a beer (or water for the poor designated driver souls) with their opponents and laugh about their mishaps when Nuffle showed them their boundaries.

Let me personally thank Andrea and his team again for the great Blood Bowl event they have organized and I hope that people will enjoy Dornbirn as much as they have enjoyed Lucca, just with even more Blood Bowlers, because today Lucca became only the second largest tournament in the World. Congratulations to winning the silver medal and I hope in 4 years time my team and I can feel as proud as him to be "only" second.

www.biboba.de
Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

Three months after registration started we have 1171 coaches registered. There are 185 squads, where 7 squads come with 7 coaches. In addition there are 53 single sign-ups, which will be put together into 9 additional squads.

These coaches come from 5 continents and 32 countries, with 2 countries still putting squads together. There will be 7 new countries countries compared to any previous World Cup, while 2 countries have not signed up coaches, who were in Lucca.

A special mentioning of our Top 10 (relative and absolute compared to Lucca):

Countries with the highest increase in percentage (only countries which have sent 10+ coaches to Lucca)
1. USA +192%
2. GER +182%
3. AUT +117%
4. ENG +91%
5. SWE +90%
6. POR +78%
7. BEL +58%
8. SWI +56%
9. NED +46%
10. FRA +28%

Countries who send the highest absolute increase of coaches compared to Lucca
1. GER +109
2. FRA/ENG +52
4. POL +24
5. USA +23
6. SWE +18
7. AUT +14
8. BEL +11
9. MAL +10
10. POR/NOR/CZE +7

www.biboba.de
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Is there any reasoning behind the round times? Looking at the schedule on the website, the first and last rounds each day are two hours and fifteen minutes while the second game will be three hours. For the purposes of parity and consistency, if nothing else, should all the rounds not be two and a half hours long? Or is round two also 2:15, and the end time is missing from the schedule?