11 points to contemplate

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

11 points to contemplate

Post by Smurf »

1. Always play the sequence of a throw. Then play the intercept, interception is always awarded even if the ball was not caught.

2. Keeping with V3 2+ success, the apothecary can only be used after the match on any injury of your choosing. This was felt to be a bit more realistic. Provision was allowed to use it then and there, similar to a 'magic sponge' but generally players accepted the attrition.

3. Star Players can join a team of 150 TR and will leave after the fist loss, the Player cannot be rehired until the team has won again.

4. IGMEOY should come back. IGMEOY can be used as usual. Foul is spotted on a double... If the player with IGMEOY, then the Foul is spotted on anything bu the double...

5. Oi ref, to either save the player and an IGMEOY. Needs a 6, any 1 thrown then the Coach is ejected, unless using assistant coaches. You can lose a Max of 3 assistant coaches (note loss for kick off results), the 4 ejection is 'you' and therefore you can no longer Oi ref.

6. Bribes should be 50k 0-3.

7. Kick…A simple resolution would be to use the throw in template from the ball's point to determine the scatter with the D3 round down distance.

8. Clarify if Fend prevents a Frenzy follow up, I say it does.

9. All undead should have Thick Skull!

10. Up to 2 line positions or equivalent can choose a secret weapon on their 4 skill up grade costs 40k. Yes this does mean the Dwarves could have 3 death rollers! Warning difficulty in contradicting skills… the player will have to exchange their basic skills for the secret weapon’s benefits.

11. Any skill rolled over 10+ can be used to remove a single negative extraordinary 'skill', eg Bloodlust, Bonehead etc. Costs 40k to player.

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Re: 11 points to contemplate

Post by voyagers_uk »

1. Always play the sequence of a throw. Then play the intercept, interception is always awarded even if the ball was not caught. - Crazy talk.... bring back the 2ed table where the interception may only be attempted if the dice roll was between 2 points.

2. Keeping with V3 2+ success, the apothecary can only be used after the match on any injury of your choosing. This was felt to be a bit more realistic. Provision was allowed to use it then and there, similar to a 'magic sponge' but generally players accepted the attrition. - I much prefer the current way and it is more "real"

3. Star Players can join a team of 150 TR and will leave after the fist loss, the Player cannot be rehired until the team has won again. - Why would you want to do this, Stars do start to show up once teams get to 1.5m TV as inducements, any semi-permanent addition will only hinder the team it is on. Plus if a star belongs to one team how would another team ever hire them. So you get a powerhouse Dwarf team who have built a very strong first 10-11, then hire 5 or 6 star players to round out the roster, give up inducements but never lose as with the bulk of Stars on their roster who is left to induce..

4. IGMEOY should come back. IGMEOY can be used as usual. Foul is spotted on a double... If the player with IGMEOY, then the Foul is spotted on anything bu the double... - Won't argue here.

5. Oi ref, to either save the player and an IGMEOY. Needs a 6, any 1 thrown then the Coach is ejected, unless using assistant coaches. You can lose a Max of 3 assistant coaches (note loss for kick off results), the 4 ejection is 'you' and therefore you can no longer Oi ref. - I miss this too

6. Bribes should be 50k 0-3. - would be overpowered for some teams

7. Kick…A simple resolution would be to use the throw in template from the ball's point to determine the scatter with the D3 round down distance. - Not sure why you would want to reduce the chaof of the kick off...

8. Clarify if Fend prevents a Frenzy follow up, I say it does. - pretty certain it does, but you should put that in the LRB6.0 section

9. All undead should have Thick Skull! - hmmm yes Fleshy undead are so thick skulled - use of irony was intentional

10. Up to 2 line positions or equivalent can choose a secret weapon on their 4 skill up grade costs 40k. Yes this does mean the Dwarves could have 3 death rollers! Warning difficulty in contradicting skills… the player will have to exchange their basic skills for the secret weapon’s benefits. - I don't personally see the need and I love secret weapons

11. Any skill rolled over 10+ can be used to remove a single negative extraordinary 'skill', eg Bloodlust, Bonehead etc. Costs 40k to player. - I think it may be a decent house rule, but who do you think would turn down ST or AG to be rid of a negatrait

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Smurf wrote:8. Clarify if Fend prevents a Frenzy follow up, I say it does.
Doesn't require clarification. Fend says you cannot follow-up ... its doesn't say player might not be able to follow-up ... its says CANNOT follow-up. So the blocking player cannot follow-up.

#6 50k Bribes would overpower certain teams. We had to add the 2+ to them because at 100k without it during playtesting they were overpowering certain teams.

#7 Kick-off doesn't need changed IMO. Even experienced kickers in pro sports can botch the Kick.

#2 Don't agree with the apothecary change ... there is a strategy elements to the current apothecary that this removes.

#11 is a fine house rule.

I'm okay with #5 modified as a house rule ... but it should be limited to only Assistant Coaches can do it (since you are the Head Coach and for you to be ejected would mean you should not be allowed to move any more pieces for the game) and it should be 1-3 Assistant Coach ejected (sent-off) / 4-5 Not heard (no effect) / 6 = Successfully argued (fouler stays on field or secret weapon stays in game)

#1, #3, #4, #9 ... don't agree with any of these. Passing sequence is fine ... Stars should not be part of a team permanently ever... why make Fouling WORSE ... and there is no reason to make the Undead teams (already at the top of the win%) better.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

it would have been simpler to say "Yeah, what V_UK said"

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

voyagers_uk wrote:it would have been simpler to say "Yeah, what V_UK said"
Would have been true ... but then I didn't agree with everything you said. :P :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic

Post by voyagers_uk »

pedantic so and so.... :roll: :D

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

1: Not for me, but if you like it it's probably not a big deal.
2: How about: "Apothecary can be used at the end of any match on a player who would miss the next match. Roll 1d6: on a 2+, the player does not miss the match. Any permanent injuries are still suffered."
3: Heck, let coaches hire 0-1 Star Players at a 50k premium and leave it at that.
4: IGMEOY + big buff on Dirty Player, or IGMEOY + SPP for fouling, and I agree.
5: I think some kind of Argue the Call would be great. How about this: spend a TRR to get a 4+ ATC?
6: There's nothing categorically wrong with 50k bribes, but you have to nerf them. 4+ instead of 2+? That would jive well with 5, above. You could even make Goblins' special rule +2 on Bribe rolls, so the Bribes team doesn't change.
7: "Directional Kicker" would be a cool skill, but the last thing Kick needs is a buff.
8: Already very clear.
9: I don't care to rebuild the Undead or Necro teams. Khemri, maybe. You can mess with Khemri all you want, because there's no way to balance them properly.
10: NOOOOOOOooooo!!! Danger, Will Robinson! Something very much like this killed my old league dead dead dead! Secret Weapons are extremely difficult to balance: stay away!
11: Lots of fun. @ Voyagers_uk: I'd absolutely ditch an anti-skill in lieu of an MA, AV or AG increase on any big guy whatsoever (ok, maybe I'd take +MA on a Treeman... but that's the same thing as ditching an anti-skill, no?), and I might do it on double-5 or even boxcars (probably not on boxcars, but maybe for a Wild Animal if I'm not encountering many big guys, or maybe for an Ogre on an Ogre team, where I need a reliable ball-handler). You might want to make WA or RS parlay down to Bonehead instead: if you don't, you should knock 10k off the price of the Ogre (which maybe is the better move anyway).

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Agree with points 5 & 6:

Bring back IGMEOY !

"In Dodge We Trust"
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Oooh... re: star players.

Induced Stars are 0-1, but another Star may be hired as a Merc for +30k if you don't have a rostered Star.

All rosters get 0-1 Stars. If a team with a Star plays a lower-rated opponent, the Star may pout because he doesn't expect to stand out with the level of talent about him. For that reason, immediately before selecting inducements, if the opponent's TV is less, divide the difference by 100,000 gold, rounding all fractions up, and roll 1d6. If the difference/100k is equal to or greater than the die roll, the Star sits the match out. If a Star sits out with 11 players, a Journeyman may fill his place. Recalculate relative TVs.

Needs cleaning up, but I have to go, so c'est la vie.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Well, if pedantry is the order of the day, I would like to point out that Galak is wrong regarding Frenzy and Fend.

In the case of Stand Firm (either on the player being pushed or on a player he is being pushed into) or Side Step, the player being blocked might remain adjacent to the Frenzy player, allowing him to throw the second block.

I think the original poster was advocating that Fend actually negated Frenzy, which would mean that even in those cases, Frenzy players wouldn't get the second block.

tchatter
Super Star
Super Star

Post by tchatter »

Fend does negate Frenzy.

If a player has both Fend and Stand Firm and is being blocked by someone with Frenzy, they can simply "turn off" Stand Firm and negate Frenzy, since skill use is not mandatory.

FUMBBL Coach name: tchatter
Ex-Commish of REBBL
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Jural wrote:Well, if pedantry is the order of the day, I would like to point out that Galak is wrong regarding Frenzy and Fend.
Continuing with pedantry.

The question was does Fend stop the Frezny follow-up. The answer is ... yes it does ... regardless of Stand Firm, Side Step, or the Partridge in a Pear Tree skill. :P :wink:

Galak

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

How funny! I read his statement as "the follow up block" not the actual "follow up."

But by strict pedantry, you are definitely correct.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

tchatter wrote:Fend does negate Frenzy.

If a player has both Fend and Stand Firm and is being blocked by someone with Frenzy, they can simply "turn off" Stand Firm and negate Frenzy, since skill use is not mandatory.
True, but I have used my necro werewolf to push a player into my stand firm flesh golem, thereby ensuring my second block. And I have also used Side Step to stand next to a frenzy player a few times with a fend wardancer and a fend witch elf (skip fend on witch elves though... not sure what I was thinking.)

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

1. Always play the sequence of a throw. Then play the intercept, interception is always awarded even if the ball was not caught.

2. Keeping with V3 2+ success, the apothecary can only be used after the match on any injury of your choosing. This was felt to be a bit more realistic. Provision was allowed to use it then and there, similar to a 'magic sponge' but generally players accepted the attrition.

4. IGMEOY should come back. IGMEOY can be used as usual. Foul is spotted on a double... If the player with IGMEOY, then the Foul is spotted on anything bu the double...

5. Oi ref, to either save the player and an IGMEOY. Needs a 6, any 1 thrown then the Coach is ejected, unless using assistant coaches. You can lose a Max of 3 assistant coaches (note loss for kick off results), the 4 ejection is 'you' and therefore you can no longer Oi ref.

8. Clarify if Fend prevents a Frenzy follow up, I say it does.

11. Any skill rolled over 10+ can be used to remove a single negative extraordinary 'skill', eg Bloodlust, Bonehead etc. Costs 40k to player.
Had a bit of a rethink and would like to keep these:

1. It just makes it easier and more fun.
2. I can see both sides but by and large I would not use an apoth on anything unless it was position player so Linemen end up getting maimed. Just recylce them more often.
4 and 5 has a concensus
8. Frenzy states a pushed back result which Standfirm can ignore hence the Frenzied dude can go again but with Fend the player is denied to follow up and is horribly exploited with the Sidestep or Grab skills.
11. I suppose an alternative is that a player becoming a star (75pts) can choose to negate a bad trait, this would be more fun to use.

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)