Hobby Project - Input required

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dihenydd
Experienced
Experienced

Hobby Project - Input required

Post by Dihenydd »

Hey everyone

Been lurking here for a few months, but was wondering if I could get some insight into a hobby project.

I like to use Castlemolds from Hirst Arts. I've built a few projects including my own game called Hippodrome (think Ben-hur chariots with 15mm minatures).

Now I want to try building a 3D BB pitch. I have the design and about 1/5 of the blocks already cast. It will have full benches with some elevated areas for staff etc. When done (at my rate in about a year and half!) I'll post some pics.

Now castlemolds for floors only come in 1 inch and 1 1/2 inch sizes. I debated this for a month and decided the larger size would be easier to use, look much better and fit the figures easier. However this means my templates now are too short.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to make templates that would be appropriate for a pitch where the squares are 1 1/2 inches in size? I'd hate to punish all the throwing teams by using standard ones.

thanks

BTW this is a great site!!!!

Reason: ''
A victory is twice won when the general brings home full numbers.

Much ado About Nothing.
bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

What about Plexiglass? That is what I'm doing for my increased board size.

Dihenydd
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dihenydd »

ok, but are there any files around to help with this? My preference would be to design electronically and then work with appropriate materials. If i freehand I will mess up :)

Otherwise, what else have people done to create larger than normal templates for passing etc.

A victory is twice won when the general brings home full numbers.

Much ado About Nothing.