One use skills.

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

One use skills.

Post by Joemanji »

Ahh... how could would one use skills be? Could be a way to implement on pitch spellcasters. For example:

Teleport
Once per game the player may teleport instead of taking a normal action. Move him anywhere within his normal MA, ignoring the normal rules for moving through occupied squares and TZs. The player may not GFI to increase this distance.

Inspiration
The player has such an aura that he can inspire his teammates to play on against all the odds. Once per game, if this player is still on the pitch the team may play on after suffering a turnover. The event that caused the turnover must still be concluded, for example an Armour roll after a failed dodge. Any further turnovers during the turn count as normal. Only one player may use this skill per game.

Cool huh? :wink:

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

sound like cards to me

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

I like it. They are better than cards to my view... they add permanent TV, and they are carried by a player.

The only question is.. how do you cost them accurately? Teleport may be equal to a free TD a game for a Skaven team... hard to put a value on that if all 4 gutter runners get the skill

Also, perhaps change the wording to: once per game, a single player with this skill can... Gets rid of thr 4 teleporters options!

But I like the idea a lot. I'd even be OK with a once per half ability, etc.

MerchantDragon
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MerchantDragon »

Teleport
Once per game the player may teleport instead of taking a normal action. Move him anywhere within his normal MA, ignoring the normal rules for moving through occupied squares and TZs. The player may not GFI to increase this distance.
I would add to this skill

* Only one player may use this skill once per game.
* A scatter roll (same rules for scatter as throw team-mate)

This adds a bit of Chaos and gives you only a 25% chance of a Teleport Touchdown.

mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

I prefer "INSPIRATION" to the current leader skill. Makes it different to a bonus reroll.

Agree that scatter on the teleport might be nice.

So how do you get these abilities?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Jural wrote:I like it. They are better than cards to my view... they add permanent TV, and they are carried by a player.

The only question is.. how do you cost them accurately? Teleport may be equal to a free TD a game for a Skaven team... hard to put a value on that if all 4 gutter runners get the skill

Also, perhaps change the wording to: once per game, a single player with this skill can... Gets rid of thr 4 teleporters options!

But I like the idea a lot. I'd even be OK with a once per half ability, etc.
Meant to add for teleport ... can't be used by ball carrier, or to move someone into the endzone.
mumbojumboist wrote:So how do you get these abilities?
I was thinking if you roll a double on an Improvement roll.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

I like the scatter rule for teleport... And I think the ball carrier should be able to teleport.... But the ball might stay where it started... 2+ roll or something.