Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches as inducement

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

necromancer

Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches as inducement

Post by necromancer »

I suggest using Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches as inducements instead of permanent staff.

They are never used anyway, and could be used as the last gap between 2 teams.

Reason: ''
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

we use them in our league

as they are in the rulebook that is, not as inducements

I like the idea of having fame and an extra MVP as inducements though, suggested pricing was done in another thread

the extra money can come in handy for lower teams

Melipone
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Melipone »

I like the idea of them as inducements as there's never anything to spend 40k or less on. How about keeping them as they are, and also allowing them to be induced at 20k a pop. The MVP inducement also sounds good (maybe the money is spent roping in some extra sponsors to nominate a highly dubious award to one of your players). The FAME would have to be priced right as that's pretty powerful, especially if it counted for your winnings roll at the end.

PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Post by PubBowler »

Melipone wrote: I like the idea of them as inducements as there's never anything to spend 40k or less on.
Not using this as an argument for or against induced CLs & ACs but this was deliberate.
Teams within 5TV of each other are likely to have a close match without ant tweaking.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Maybe include on the inducement list a super-duper cheerleader and AC for 50k each that lets you roll 1d6 instead of 1d3 on BC or CF rolls, respectively. Call the super CL the Mascot and the super AC the Coordinator.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches as inducement

Post by Darkson »

necromancer wrote:They are never used anyway,
Sounds like coaches you play against are missing a trick then. I see more AC/CL under LRB5 than I did before.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

During PBBL there was a 50k inducement for 4 staff, cheerleaders, coaches or a mix. The problem with it was that it devlaues the point of buying them.

Perhaps 50k inducement for 3 cheerleaders OR 3 coaches would work.

I was also thinking that perhaps a 50k inducement for +1 FAME (only affecting kick off table rolls) would be a nice addition too.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Suggested it before and Galak said the BBRC canned it because the underdog could make sure enough staff were bought to guarantee getting rerolls from kickoff results.... *shrug*

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Digger Goreman wrote:Suggested it before and Galak said the BBRC canned it because the underdog could make sure enough staff were bought to guarantee getting rerolls from kickoff results.... *shrug*
I do remember some of this from PBBL, but I don't recollect it going forward to one of the rules reviews. More inducements is an obvious area for house rules - particularly for leagues who don't use the cards.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

In the MBBL every team has up to 3 of each as a matter of course.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

ianwilliams wrote:
Digger Goreman wrote:Suggested it before and Galak said the BBRC canned it because the underdog could make sure enough staff were bought to guarantee getting rerolls from kickoff results.... *shrug*
I do remember some of this from PBBL, but I don't recollect it going forward to one of the rules reviews. More inducements is an obvious area for house rules - particularly for leagues who don't use the cards.
Iirc it was dropped as it was another kick in the teeth for developing your own team. Why bother buying CL and/or AC when that cost just allowed your opponent to induce the same items to nullify it?

Oh, and:
PBBL 1.0 wrote:0-4 Freelance Coaches/Cheerleaders: You may hire up to four freelance assistant
coaches or cheerleaders, or any combination of the two that adds up to four in
total, for a cost of 10,000 gold pieces each.
PBBL 1.5 wrote:0-5 Freelance Coaches/Cheerleaders: You may hire up to five freelance assistant
coaches or cheerleaders, or any combination of the two that adds up to five in
total, for a cost of 10,000 gold pieces each.
PBBL 1.7 wrote:0-1 Sideline Staff: You may purchase extra Sideline Staff for 60,000 gold pieces.
The staff consists of a total of 5 extra Assistant Coaches and/or Cheerleaders that
will help your team for this one match.
PBBL 1.9 wrote:0-1 Sideline Staff: You may purchase extra Sideline Staff for
50,000 gold pieces. The staff consists of a total of 4 extra
Assistant Coaches and/or Cheerleaders that will help your team
for this one match.
And gone in 1.10.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Yeah, no biggie... just keeps the wheel from being totally reinvented.... :)

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

ianwilliams wrote:During PBBL there was a 50k inducement for 4 staff, cheerleaders, coaches or a mix. The problem with it was that it devlaues the point of buying them.

Perhaps 50k inducement for 3 cheerleaders OR 3 coaches would work.

I was also thinking that perhaps a 50k inducement for +1 FAME (only affecting kick off table rolls) would be a nice addition too.
Or a 150k inducement that's just +1 FAME (winnings and all)....

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yer I don't want to see coaches and cheerleaders as an inducement at all thanks

150k for +1 FAME sounds reasonable

or perhaps using 100k inducements to get an extra 10k/20k winnings

from what I've found in our league is the lower teams take a while to catch up if they have had a few deaths

I still imagine coaches may take other options instead though, depends if they want to rebuild their team quicker or be more competitive in the match

adds another strategic concept to the game

Carnis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Carnis »

Has any1 done the statistics for these guys? They are horrible. Something like 3 games out of 4 you are better off having a reroll instead.. We had a mathematician prove it, they value significantly less than a reroll on an average 2-1 grind. In a 5-4 score game they *might* make a difference. That's why it could be better to just remove them from coaching staff & have them as inducement only..