Extra Benefits from Cheerleaders/Coaches

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Kael_Hate
Rookie
Rookie

Extra Benefits from Cheerleaders/Coaches

Post by Kael_Hate »

I was thinking about the benefits of Cheerleaders and Assistant Coaches and wondering if a small benefit would make them see more use. I didn't want them overpowered just more usable.

Before the start of the game roll a D6 for each assistant coach you have in excess of the opponent. For each 6 rolled, your team gains an extra re-roll for this match. You may never roll more than 10 dice in this way.

At the end of the game roll a D6 for each cheerleader you have in excess of the opponent. For each 6 rolled, you may add +1 to your fan factor roll at the end of the match. You may never roll more than 10 dice this way.

Simple. Do you think it works?

Reason: ''
[b]Kael Hate the Black Scorpion[/b]
[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/Kael_Hate/IamBlackScorpion.jpg[/img]
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Assistant coaches idea is good.

But...

The cheerleaders are primarily for in game support. Whilst the fame factor of the team reflects the teams following in and out of game.

Using same rules as you have described, a +1 to Fame roll at start of game would be more appropriate.

"In Dodge We Trust"
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

I like the though, but I dont like the 10 dice. If you allow 10 dice, then why have a limit at all?

I would suggest d6 plus AC winner gets a RR and if the highest roll is double or more of the lovest roll the loser loses a RR.

Dont have an idea for cheerleaders

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

You could also implement stadium rules or some other alternate rule and use CLs and ACs as a prerequisite for purchasing the new advantage. Or you could simply remove CLs and ACs from the TV equation.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

We in our league have these rules voor AC's en cheerleaders.

AC : At the end of the game you may roll a D6 per coach. On a 6 they give you D3 assistent coach points that you can give to players of your choice. (do not have to be same player)

Cheerleaders. You can use cheerleaders to seduce players on the other side. You can use this only once a cheerleader.

Roll a D20 before you put your players on the pitch.
1 : Cheerleader is caught by opponents and killed. You lost the cheerleader
2 - 18 : Nothing happens
19-20 : The cheerleader succesfully seduces the player and during the next drive they practice all pages of the kama sutra in the reserve box. That player cannot play the next drive.

This is working fine in our league and is in practice during three seasons now.

bjorn9486
Star Player
Star Player

Post by bjorn9486 »

Magictobe do you limit the number of Cheerleaders or AC's on a team?

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

bjorn9486 wrote:Magictobe do you limit the number of Cheerleaders or AC's on a team?
No

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Magictobe's rules would easily work on 2d6. Die on 2-3, work on 10+. If you want a little more drama (about 2x what you have on the d20), make it a craps roll: 2/3/12 loses, 7/11 wins. Any of those ways you keep the lose:win ratio at 1:2.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

My last league match my lizardmen cheerleader succesfully had "fun" with a troll of the opposing goblins. I can assure you that the troll returned the next drive with a big smile on it's face :lol: :lol:

BTW, my assistent coaches (4 for the moment) are doing a good job on helping my Sauri to develop.
After 15 games.
6419 pilling on
6519 block (25spp)
6519 Mighty blow (30spp)
6419 mighty blow, block
6419 mighty blow

Yeah

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Magictobe wrote:AC : At the end of the game you may roll a D6 per coach. On a 6 they give you D3 assistent coach points that you can give to players of your choice. (do not have to be same player)
1 SPP per point? So each coach is on average giving you ~1/3 SPP per game? Definitely worth getting a few then to
1) Skill up slow skillers (Saurus being classic examples)
2) On developed teams help bring replacement newbies up

In fact I think extra SPPs, allocated as the coach desires are worth a lot more than a 10k investment. I'd take 5 or 6. Once the team has developed then bring it back to ~3.

Even on random players this would be very good for teams like Lizards who have a significant number of players who are hard to skill.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Kael_Hate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kael_Hate »

Tripleskull wrote:I like the though, but I dont like the 10 dice. If you allow 10 dice, then why have a limit at all?

I would suggest d6 plus AC winner gets a RR and if the highest roll is double or more of the lovest roll the loser loses a RR.

Dont have an idea for cheerleaders
I set ten dice so that some cheap and nasty teams with expensive rerolls wont dump into Assisstant coaches for a cheaper than average reroll. Limit at ten means on average the reroll benefit is 1, maybe 2 re-rolls.

An easy option might be to force a roll off at the start of the game ie, a Brilliant Coaching and a Cheering Fans roll at the start of the game and half time.

[img]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/Kael_Hate/IamBlackScorpion.jpg[/img]
Kael_Hate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kael_Hate »

ianwilliams wrote:
Magictobe wrote:AC : At the end of the game you may roll a D6 per coach. On a 6 they give you D3 assistent coach points that you can give to players of your choice. (do not have to be same player)
1 SPP per point? So each coach is on average giving you ~1/3 SPP per game? Definitely worth getting a few then to
1) Skill up slow skillers (Saurus being classic examples)
2) On developed teams help bring replacement newbies up

In fact I think extra SPPs, allocated as the coach desires are worth a lot more than a 10k investment. I'd take 5 or 6. Once the team has developed then bring it back to ~3.

Even on random players this would be very good for teams like Lizards who have a significant number of players who are hard to skill.

I'd have 24+ Coaches. I can quite happily play at a slight disadvantage in rerolls to max skill players. My Saurus took 30+ games to get the first to 51xp and that included 5 MVP and 4 Interceptions, 3 TD's and 5 casualties. Saurus take forever to skill up, they need a cas and an MVP just to get block so they can actually play at an advantage to Str 3 blitzers.

Alamar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Alamar »

I like the following buff/nerf [based off of other's ideas]:

-- If you have MORE AC than your opponnent then roll a single D6. On a 6 you get +1 RR for the game.

-- If you have MORE Cheerleaders than your opponnent then roll a single D6. On a 6 you get +1 to your Fame for this game.

The above makes AC & CH a little better without making them no brainers ... Giving SPPs / more than 1 of anything / etc. would be too radical of a change for me ....

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

ianwilliams wrote:
1 SPP per point? So each coach is on average giving you ~1/3 SPP per game? Definitely worth getting a few then.
Just to clear things out. Only when an AC has rolled a six THEN you may roll a D3 for extra points.

mattgslater
King of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Anything involving extra SPP is scary.

What about replacing the ACs and CLs with 50k coaching staff or cheer squad model sets? Then you could have Bril Coaching and Cheering Fans go automatically to one side if only they have the staffer(s), and you could throw in a flat bennie, which is much easier to balance than a scaling one.