New skill - rush block

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

New skill - rush block

Post by Tripleskull »

Since I would like feed back on this idea, I am repeating myself here...

Rush block:

This player is a safety type of player. he has a wery well developed intuition about where the ball is gonna end up and is determined on stopping it.

Please make better text...

The skill should allow the player to move one square when an opposing player try to gfi with the ball, if this means that the rush blocker can put a tackle zone on the ball carrier. In adition any gfi in the tackle zone of a rush blocker is made with a -2 modifier.

This skill is essensilly designed to stop OTSs, but it will bring interesting new dimentions to defence in general.

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I had similar thoughts
voyagers_uk wrote:Ok, my idea is for a skill entitled Play Action Champ a passing skill

A player with this skill who is not in any tackle zones can easily spot what the offense is attempting to do during it's run/pass scheme. His ability allows him to shout a warning to all pass blockers and increase the number of squares they can take by +2 getting a jump on the offensive manoeuver.

this could work against the run with a small change to pass block that would give it more of a 2ed Heroic Tackle feel. Which would amend it to Run/Pass Block

"If an opposition player holding the ball is in scoring range at the start of their turn. Run/Pass Blockers can move up to 3 squares to intercept them and place a tackle zone on them.

Failure to reach that tackle zone would work as it does now for Pass Block.

this would increase the taking of Pass Block which given the changes to Safe Throw would be a good thing.

It is not too strong as to benefit from either change you have to take a defensive skill with limited use, it does however target both styles of play and as a passing skill would be of use to all teams on a double

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

yours is a simpler idea... I like it

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

if this means that the rush blocker can put a tackle zone on the ball carrier
before or after the gfi move ?

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

I should be corrected to any GFI made from the tackle zone of the rush blocker is made with a -2 modifier, but I think the idea is clear?

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

Quote:
if this means that the rush blocker can put a tackle zone on the ball carrier

before or after the gfi move ?
Maby not so clear, but I was thinking beforethe gfi.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

I was thinking beforethe gfi.
then it allows the Rush Block player to enter the square where the gfi player is trying to go, what happens then ?

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

good point.

Since the gfi consists of a move and then a dice roll, I suggest the rush block is made after the move before the dice roll, and that the -2 modifier aplies to gfi to or from squares in the rush blockers tackle zone. I am open to suggestions though. I got the idea today, so its not like I have given it a lot of thought.

It should also be usable only ones in a turn, but would make for good comboes with pass block and shadowing - funny skills that are not taken to often.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

I like the concept anyway, you just need to work on the wording :wink:

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

Well I was thinking someone more competent than I should fit it to the rules. I am realy to sloppy to make kommensurable rules. Not lazy, when it comes to bb, but always sloppy... :wink:

Any chance of this being tested somewere?

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

How about letting the defender "GFI" one square for every square the ball-carrier GFIs? Including the dice roll. Wherever both players are on the pitch. No extra modifiers needed, that's what shadowing/tackle skill combos are for.

Maybe needs a limiter so only one player on the defense can use this skill at any given ball-carrier GFI roll, same as pass block. Although it could get VERY interesting having 4-5 players of this type without the limiter. Kinda like guard (and pass block, and diving tackle, etc), the more skill slots you sacrifice on the skill, the better it pays out.

I'm not sure the game needs more skills that interrupt the offence's turn, but the overall idea is very cool.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

How about letting the defender "GFI" one square for every square the ball-carrier GFIs? Including the dice roll. Wherever both players are on the pitch. No extra modifiers needed, that's what shadowing/tackle skill combos are for.
I think the modifier is essential to the skill. As mentioned it is designed to stop OTS.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

I think the modifier is essential to the skill
agreed, Rush Block would be too weak without it.
Maybe a -1 to gfi in the tackle zone of a Rush Blocker and a -2 to gfi out of it ?

Btw whenever I come in this section I see so many cool ideas for new skills and/or rules I'd like to try in a league, its frustrating.