Stunty CAS

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Stunty CAS

Post by Andromidius »

I don't really like the way you can 'farm' CAS SPP's off of stunty teams. Seems rather unfair to me.

So I think a slight change is in order - only give a single SPP for causing a CAS on a Stuny player.

After all, killing a Halfling or Goblin isn't as heroic and crowd pleasing as killing an Elf or Beastman, is it?

~Andromidius

Reason: ''
Glowworm

Re: Stunty CAS

Post by Glowworm »

Andromidius wrote:I don't really like the way you can 'farm' CAS SPP's off of stunty teams. Seems rather unfair to me.

So I think a slight change is in order - only give a single SPP for causing a CAS on a Stuny player.

After all, killing a Halfling or Goblin isn't as heroic and crowd pleasing as killing an Elf or Beastman, is it?

~Andromidius
As a gobbo / 'fling player can i claim extra CAS points for non-stunties :D
might make my little guys more durable....

Der_Doodle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Der_Doodle »

If at all I would change it that way:

The result of 9 wich results in a Badly Hurt without rolling on the Cas Table doesnt award SPP.

This way a stunty gives the same chances on SPP per Cas as any other player.

But i really think its unneeded.

zephard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zephard »

Never had to many people playing Stunty teams for me to be "farming" the SPPs.

If at first one doesn't succeed, and doesn't try again, then he will never succeed.
Mr_lemon
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mr_lemon »

I haven't really played to many stunty teams except the ogre team I play now. Surely the opponent makes some casualties on my snotlings but my team is the team that makes most casualties in my league. And beside that, everyone wants to meet a stunty team so in a league with challenges the stunty team get a chance to play a lot of games and in a strictly scheduled league (like the one I play in) every team meet each other exactly the same number of matches. Yes, it's easier to score casualties on a stunty team but you can't change the rules because of it, because if you use the same logic an intercept against a High Elf team or a completion against a Slann team should be awarded more than the regular amount of SPP. Every team has strengths and weaknesses so in every given game the opponent has a bigger chance of collecting SPP from different criterias and categories...

AK_Dave
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AK_Dave »

A kill is a kill.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Naah, killing a skink is killing a skink! Besides, it's only really cheesy for dwarves, as they start with stunty killing stats.

Andromidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Andromidius »

I guess I'm the only one that considers mauling a Halfling team and getting multiple skillups for it isn't sporting then.

I mean getting the same 'experience' for bashing down a Halfling (and not doing any seriously hurt) and killing an Ogre doesn't seem right to me.

~Andromidius

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

Andromidius wrote:I guess I'm the only one that considers mauling a Halfling team and getting multiple skillups for it isn't sporting then.

I mean getting the same 'experience' for bashing down a Halfling (and not doing any seriously hurt) and killing an Ogre doesn't seem right to me.

~Andromidius
My thinking is that team choice is optional, so there's no need to protect the halfling or goblin coaches!

That leaves only the need to protect the league against slimy coaches who try and play too many games against stunty opponents (the guy in the league who is trying to get a match a week against the stunty teams with his dwarves.) Those guys are straight cheese. But the problem isn't the SPP system, it's that not enough people b*tch slap those freaks!

I also dislike Elf and Skaven players who will only play other elves and skaven.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Andromidius wrote:I mean getting the same 'experience' for bashing down a Halfling (and not doing any seriously hurt) and killing an Ogre doesn't seem right to me.
I agree - should be 3 or 4 SPP for killing a BG.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Daefaroth
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daefaroth »

spp = STR of victim -1 ?

-Daefaroth

This signature says something else when you are not looking at it.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Darkson wrote:
Andromidius wrote:I mean getting the same 'experience' for bashing down a Halfling (and not doing any seriously hurt) and killing an Ogre doesn't seem right to me.
How about 5 SPPs per Dwarf?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Geoff Watson
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Geoff Watson »

Der_Doodle wrote:If at all I would change it that way:

The result of 9 wich results in a Badly Hurt without rolling on the Cas Table doesnt award SPP.

This way a stunty gives the same chances on SPP per Cas as any other player.

But i really think its unneeded.
I'd rather that 9 be KO (so the new Stunty rule only affects 7s); the Stunties are still off the pitch, and their opponents don't get too much advantage from high Cas rates (for SPPs, and for leagues and tournaments that count them).

Geoff.

Volstagg
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Volstagg »

Darkson wrote:
Killing a big guy is enough pleasure for me, much better if it´s fouling ...who cares for the SPP? :D :D

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

ianwilliams wrote:
Darkson wrote:
How about 5 SPPs per Dwarf?
2 for the dwarf, 3 for the beard!