Should Brettonians be in Bloodbowl?

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Should there be a seperate Brettonian team in BB?

Yes, the team listed
25%
Yes, but this team sucks, use...
15%
No, just use the human roster (without the Ogre for fluff)
35%
No, no, NO! And NO!!!!!!!
24%

Total votes: 274

Darkson
Da Spammer

Should Brettonians be in Bloodbowl?

Post by Darkson »

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

No, just use the Human roster.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Mordredd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Mordredd »

Yes, but no bloody peasants or squires thank you.

Mordredd's Apocalypse: the Old World's premier Dwarf Magnet. :-?
War-Child
Experienced
Experienced

Post by War-Child »

As much as I like the GW fluff about Brets and painting all those knights on horseback for WHFB, I really can't stand the team in a BB setting. There is just something about the team as it stands that makes it feel like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.

I voted "Hell No!" cause 1 standard and 2 "variant" teams are more than enough humans in my book. Frankly, I'd just use the standard human team stats and just customize a team out of whatever suits your fancy.

[b][size=75]Sometimes the faster it gets, the less you need to know
But you've gotta remember the smarter it gets, the further it's going to go[/size][/b]
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Mordredd wrote:Yes, but no bloody peasants or squires thank you.
War-Child wrote:As much as I like the GW fluff about Brets and painting all those knights on horseback for WHFB, I really can't stand the team in a BB setting. There is just something about the team as it stands that makes it feel like a square peg trying to fit into a round hole.
Exactly. If you had to have a Brettonian team, then there are less hamfisted ways to do it. Peasants and squires is just so boring and clumsy and unimaginative. Have player roles influenced by the structure of Brettonian society, by all means. Poorly equipped linemen and flashy, arrogant blitzers. Whatever. But none of these copy + paste WFB rosters work for me.

fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

Be fair, plasmoid's listing doesn't have any peasants. Just terrible linemen.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

and thus the vocal majority state their claims to ruin the game for all who love Bretonians

why don't we run polls on "should you flock your bases?" for example and everyone who has no modelling flair can stop playing and go sit in a cupboard...

Plasmoid wants to include Bretonians in some form, but yopu all sit their and shout him down for being too silly not to convert a human team and use those rules whilst deluding himself with fluff...

jeez, this game means a lot to us, but it is still a game and optional rules have a place, why not optional teams?

you like knights - you must be wierd..... :?:

if you hadn't guessed I am bothered by the lack of patience shown here

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

This isn't just about Martin's team. There is a very similar quasi-official team being playtested in the MBBL, and Galak has said JJ has shown some interest in making them official in 2008. When he does, it would be nice for the overwhelming public antipathy to be noted. :wink: And ignored, obviously, just like it was with Khemri and Pro Elves and Ogres and ... :)

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

I would like to see a Brettonian Team in BB. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them, but other perhaps will.

Actually I don't like the current rules for them. I think we have to work more on them, but as said: Brettonian YES!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Nice figs Mephisto! :)
Mephisto wrote:I would like to see a Brettonian Team in BB. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them, but other perhaps will.
Can I have my Chaos Humans then? A far more popular choice. Also, can I have my Supermen team? They all have stats 8559 and cost 20K. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them. But perhaps I will. :wink:

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Joemanji wrote:Nice figs Mephisto! :)
Mephisto wrote:I would like to see a Brettonian Team in BB. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them, but other perhaps will.
Can I have my Chaos Humans then? A far more popular choice. Also, can I have my Supermen team? They all have stats 8559 and cost 20K. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them. But perhaps I will. :wink:
I think the Chaos Pact team would fit well with your idea of Chaos Humans...

The difference between your Supermen team and Bretonia is that the latter one belongs to the Warhammer World, where BB is inspired (even if we don't like that idea).

And Bretonia is a team, as Slann, and Chaos Pact that is being worked at, like in its moment, the Khemri, Vampire and Khemri team.

P.D.: The figs are not mine, they belong to Pakulkan, who is one of the most succesful converters, that if seen. :P

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joemanji wrote:Also, can I have my Supermen team? They all have stats 8559 and cost 20K. If you don't like them, you don't have to play with them. But perhaps I will. :wink:
Wow! No Block? Did the 30k pricetag put you off? ;)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

voyagers_uk wrote:and thus the vocal majority state their claims to ruin the game for all who love Bretonians

why don't we run polls on "should you flock your bases?" for example and everyone who has no modelling flair can stop playing and go sit in a cupboard...

Plasmoid wants to include Bretonians in some form, but yopu all sit their and shout him down for being too silly not to convert a human team and use those rules whilst deluding himself with fluff...

jeez, this game means a lot to us, but it is still a game and optional rules have a place, why not optional teams?

you like knights - you must be wierd..... :?:

if you hadn't guessed I am bothered by the lack of patience shown here
It's got nothing to do with the lack of patience at all.
I couldn't remember actually seeing a poll on wheter Brets should be in BB or not (not saying there wasn't one, just couldn't remember one), and I thought it would be interesting to see what sort of response they'd get. Plasmoid already knows what my feeling was on Bret teams, which is why I specifically didn't mention it in the other post, limiting my input to voting and pointing out what I thought was a missing option.

However, not having a simple "should we have them" poll was, imo, something that was missing. It is in no way aimed at a slight to Plasmoid, and I'd hope he'd know that, it's just a general poll to try to guage some sort of general feeling.

At the moment, the (admittedly tiny) participation points to a two thirds majority against having Brets in BB, which imo is more telling than a poll on what the statline of squires should be.

Of course, as Nazgit...oops, Joemanji said, even if we had a poll of every single member of TBB, NAF and any other BB forum you could think of, and got a 100% against vote, the fact JJ likes the idea means it's a given. :roll:

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

Darkson wrote:Of course, as Nazgit...oops, Joemanji said, even if we had a poll of every single member of TBB, NAF and any other BB forum you could think of, and got a 100% against vote, the fact JJ likes the idea means it's a given. :roll:
That's true... JJ's word is law... :-?

The thing is how to influence JJ's decisions :P

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

That's easy ... voodoo.