Skill Idea Archive: General

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

Read Offense (general trait)

This player is skilled at reading the offense's formation and shifting his own placing to counter their plans. Immediately after the receiving team has set up, any player on the kicking team with this skill may move up to three squares. They may not move in such a way that their team's set up becomes illegal. They do have to dodge, cannot go for it and cannot be shadowed. A player moved in this way may not use the kick skill on the subsequent kick off.

Alternatively,

Call Defensive Audible (general trait)

This player is skilled at reading the offense's formation and can try to counter it by shouting out last second instructions to his teammates. Immediately after the receiving team has set up, so long as a player with this trait has been set up by the kicking team, the coach of the kicking team may move a single player, of his choice, up to three squares. They may not move in such a way that their team's set up becomes illegal. They do have to dodge, cannot go for it and cannot be shadowed. A player moved in this way may not use the kick skill on the subsequent kick off.

Reason: ''
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Both skills should be limited more. Either d3 guys or just the guys with the skill.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Stu
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Stu »

The first one does say "any player with this skill" and the second "any one of his players" (the word one should be bold). I'll go back and reword them to make it a bit clearer.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

My bad, they have my support for what its worth.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Munkey
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Munkey »

On first glance I like them.

Not sure whether i'd ever actually pick one on a doubles roll but maybe that would be my loss.

[size=75]The short answer is "no", but it is a qualified "no" because there are odd ways of interpreting the question which could justify the answer "yes".[/size]
Drool_bucket
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Drool_bucket »

looks like I'm supposed to put my idea here.... hope somebody sees it and thinks its worthy of a comment.... :-?

Stolen pretty blantantly from the old dwarven alchemist.

Endorsement - [General]

A player with this skill has become popular enough that during his downtime between matches, local pubs and merchants pay good money for his time and fame. After a game in which this player has played (is eligable for random MVP) and has no injury which has resulted in that player being forced to miss his next game, the team coach may roll a die 6 and divide the result in half. (round down) This result is the amount in 10,000's of gold pieces that may be added to his team's treasury.

No more than one Endorsement roll may be made after each match.

What do you think?

I didn't want a niggling guy who fails his roll, or a guy who got his head kicked in during the match to earn the extra money. It's not a huge skill, perhaps the roll could be modified somehow? The only other though is to have this skill also modify the team's FF as well. Perhaps +1 for purposes of gate and kickoff chart.

anyhoo...

Member of the DorkaMorka Blood Bowl League (DMBBL) of the Greater Boston Area
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

Bump Off - Blitzing player bounces off his opponent on a both down result. Should help with a genuine runner position.
Discussion here - viewtopic.php?p=257648#257648

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
Taffsadar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Taffsadar »

Kantona kick
The player throws a vicious drop kick on any fans who seem to be cheering for the other team or otherwise annoys the player.
The coach controlling may choose to ignore any "get the and "pitch invasion" rolls on the kickoff table and turn any "cheering fans" roll into an automatic win but everytime he does this is he forced to roll a penality roll on a player with Kantona kick to see if he's sent out just like if he had committed a foul.

Blood Bowl game - $60
Cost of a Human Team - $40
The look on your opponents face as his one-turn scorer gets taken down by a thrown rock from the fans – Priceless.
Taffsadar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Taffsadar »

Dirty kick
A player not standing in the widezones or on the line of scrimmage is allowed to make a dirty kick against any player standing within 3 squares of the line of scrimmage. Make an unmodified agility roll for the dirty kick player, if he succedes is the targeted player hit and suffers a 2 dice block (kicking coach chooses). Treat the block as a normal block except that the attacker can't fall down and if the result is a skull is the targeted player given the ball just as if he had catched the ball when it landed. If the ball is not catched will the ball bounce as if the targeted player had been knocked down while carrying the ball.

If the result is a miss will the ball scatter from the targeted square just as if it was a normal kick, the kick skill may not be used on this scatter.[/i]

Blood Bowl game - $60
Cost of a Human Team - $40
The look on your opponents face as his one-turn scorer gets taken down by a thrown rock from the fans – Priceless.
Trob
Rookie
Rookie

Touchdown Dance

Post by Trob »

Touchdown Dance (General Trait)

This player is one of those players who gets the fans & teamates fired up. After a player with this trait scores a TD, they perform a fantastic dance in the end-zone (wow look at the moves on that zombie! - a headspin!!!). :lol:
The coach must perform this dance (to the 'oohs' & 'aahs' of anyone else present) & on a D6 roll of 4-6, the team receives a re-roll.

This is off the top of my head - I like the idea, but not sure if the trait is under/over powered or even usefull. Might be too powerful in the hands of an uber-scorer...

Any thoughts?

Member of AbBBA (Alberta Blood Bowl Association) www.abbba.org
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Make it a 5+ but the coach recieves bonus' based on how well he perfoms it.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
NAF Member #4329
Trob
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trob »

sean newboy wrote:Make it a 5+ but the coach recieves bonus' based on how well he perfoms it.
Yeah, I like that. Unfortunately we're trying to conform to the LRB so I won't get much of a chance to try it out.
Thanks for the suggestion :)

Member of AbBBA (Alberta Blood Bowl Association) www.abbba.org
Kormantaouk
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kormantaouk »

Acid Claws
These horrific claws are only given to the toughest of the greater daemons. Roll as normal at your starplayer roll, if it's a new skill, roll again, if the score is a double, well, then the gods have seen you worthy and mutates the hands into a pair of acid dripping steel hard claws.
The acid works in two ways:
· As for the first. The acid halfes the opponents armour.
· As for the second. The acid adds +3 to the injury roll.

[img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig-swe.jpg[/img]
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Kormantouk,
the fact that this skill is very rare doesn't make it balanced.
For those who do get it, it would be as powerful as having claw, claw again, fang, and then some.
Sorry, but thats not a good idea.

Oh, and you posted this mutation under general skills. (See the sticky at the top of this forum for each skill category)

Cheers
Martin

stormmaster1
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stormmaster1 »

Low Blow General skill

When a player with this skill knocks an opposing player down they may choose to make a low blow instead of rolling for injury normally. Instead of making a normal armour roll, roll a single D6. on a 4+ the opposing player is stunned.