Skill Idea Archive: Strength

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

cyagen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by cyagen »

Trample (A strength version of leap): The player is unstoppable and do not hesitate to crush a prone opponent under is boots in order to get to his goal. Game effect: Same as leap, however, the cost is of 3 MP and the player must make a Strength test, not an AG test. Also in the case of a failed trample, the player fells down in his original square, must make an AR roll and it’s a turn over (I though about making the trampled player make an armour roll but I think it would make the skill too strong).

Straight Arm (A week version of FA): The player is able to break the momentum of an opponent trying to block or blitz him by shoving him away with his arm. Game effect: When the opposing coach declares that he blocks or blitz a player with that skill he must first roll a D6. If the result is 1 then the blocking/blitzing player must do his action with a -1 Strength penalty.

Push: Game effect: when blocking an opponent the player is allowed to push him back by 2 squares (in the same direction). This skill is cancelled by stand firm.

Reason: ''
Furelli
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Furelli »

Power Throw:
A player with this skill may use Strength instead of Agility when he attempts to pass the ball. However any catch or intercept attempts to this pass must also be made using Strength and failure will cause the catching/intercepting player to be knocked over (roll armour and injury as normal).

Furelli.

Am I living in a box? Am I living in a cardboard box?
Circular_Logic
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Circular_Logic »

So BlackOrcs can do an Elf-Style-Passinggame??
Hell... atleast the catch should be with AG, but with an -1-modifier.

Früher hasste ich es zu Hochzeiten zu gehen. Tanten und großmütterliche Bekannte kamen zu mir, pieksten mich in die Seite, lachten und sagten:"Du bist der Nächste." Sie haben mit dem Scheiss aufgehört als ich anfing, auf Beerdigungen das gleiche zu tun.
Dolganar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dolganar »

Furelli wrote:Power Throw:
A player with this skill may use Strength instead of Agility when he attempts to pass the ball. However any catch or intercept attempts to this pass must also be made using Strength and failure will cause the catching/intercepting player to be knocked over (roll armour and injury as normal).
Furelli.
Ogre passing for sure, 2+ to throw and 2+ to catch, Ogres would rule the Pitch. I like the using Agility to catch with a -1. Makes it work a lot better. Then an Ogre could throw to a Goblin, but the goblin would only be able to catch it on a 4+

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

<b>grab ball</b>
A player with this skill can receive a hand-off somewhere during his move. Although he is not allowed to to this while blitzing and he is not allowed to pass it in the same turn.

<i>I know it might seem odd to have this with strength skills, but I think we need some strength skills that actually allow strength teams to handle the ball. Of course it might do well as a general skill, but limited access for agility teams is wise, imo</i>

Dinaturz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Dinaturz »

Untap: Tap 3 colorless mana (2 Green for orcs) and untap the target player. The player is available for a new action.

err... wait! wrong game, but i like the idea... :D

marco

Pardus
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Pardus »

Knockdown

A player with this skill when blocking/blitzing may choose not to push the defender if a result is taken that involves a push

in other words, you can ignore the pushing part of any block result, hence leaving both players in the squares they are in

I FEEL THE NEED... THE NEED FOR WEED!!!

It's called BloodBOWL!!!

---------------------
Cusi 1975-2004
We'll miss ya dude
---------------------
Xzar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Xzar »

'Ard as Nailz(trait)

The opposing coach must subtract -1 to all injury rolls against the player, in addition to any other modifiers.

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi all,
with the nerfing of fouling and piling on, and the (PBBL) removal of fang, hard hitting teams will need a little help, when surrounded by fast and agile players like wood elfs.

How about either of these:
Strength Skill: Uppercut (1)
Whenever this player stuns an opponent, the opponent remains stunned for an extra turn. Turn the face-down player towards the sidelines to show this. The face-down player may use its action to be turned towards the endzones, to show that he is now just stunned, and may recover from this on a later turn as normal.

Strength Skill: Uppercut (2)
When this player causes an injury roll of 7 (after modifiers), then he causes a minor knock-out. Move the injured player straight to the reserves box.

I like version 1 the best, bit it is also the most complicated of the two.
Cheers
Martin

GoRbLitZ
Rookie
Rookie

Stiff Arm

Post by GoRbLitZ »

Your player straightens his arm(or other appropriate appendage) and buries it in the face of an oncoming opponent thus blunting his attack.

Any player that uses a blitz action against someone with stiff arm counts as having -1 Str for the block before assists.

Bucket-Head
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Bucket-Head »

"Hard Boy" (strenght)

The player has a super human endurance due to his great size, his powerfull body or his unnatural stamina... or simply has survived a lot of injuries and now he is very hard to kill.
Substract 1 from all injury rolls.

I think this would be a good hability for bi guys, due to the low armour value that some of them have (minotaurs and rat ogres with ARM 8... :roll: ).

Rock N Block!!!
fire olli
Super Star
Super Star

Post by fire olli »

Switch(Pass)

The player may hand off the ball and then carry on moving. :smoking:

This skill lets the player hand off the ball and then move into position to help other team mates.

Olli

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Body Slam

Post by gandresch »

Hi,

Body Slam (S):
The player is a natural born entertainer, who does everything to be in the center of attention. If the player throws a block or blitz at an opposing player, that results in a Push-Pow result, he may choose to "Slam!!!" his opponent, doing a spectacular stunt move. Both players switch their position and the opposing player is placed prone, but no Armour or Injury Roll is made.
If the "Slam!!!" is the result of a blitz action, the action ends immediately.

A nice addition would be:
If the fans throw a rock at a player, that has the "Body Slam" skill, roll a D6. Only on a 1-3 the player is hit normally, on a roll of 4-6 another random player from the team is choosen instead.

Greetz,
gan

gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

I rethought my Body Slam idea and i think, the skill could be very useful for tactical behavior, but is a bit too weak.

So the "no armour roll is made" part prehaps should be "an armour roll, subtracting 1 from the av roll is made". But still i think, it's a great skill to get opponents out of your way and for teams who like to foul it's a must have!

Greetz,
gan

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

the idea of switching positions is nice but the skill is still too weak because it only works on a push/pow. Tackle skill allows you to knock your opponent over on a push/pow without a -1 on AV roll...