Vampires with no Negative trait

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dain
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dain »

Hi,
I've also started to think about another Blood Lust, the actual one doesn't look appropriate for Vampires. I mean, are they that much thirsty that everyturn they have to roll a dice to see if they need a cup of blood?
Damn, we miss tactic!

I've though about this, let me know what you think:
Despite the fact that Vampires need to feed on the blood of a victim, they have trained themself to focus on the game. However, temptation is still strong, and when a defenceless victim is close, it becomes really hard to keep focusing on the game.
To represent the temptation, after declaring an Action with a Vampire (whatever it is), check if the Vampire is next to a prone player (or stunned). If so, roll a d6: On a 2+ the Vampire can carry out the Action as normal. On a 1, however, seing a defenceless victim overwhelmes his mind and the desire to feed on a living's blood is too strong. The Vampire then seeks for a Thrall team-mate or a spectator. The Vampire may continue with his declared Action bla bla (continue with the actual rule)

NB: Difficulty is increased by +1 for any more prone player next to the Vampire.
For instance, a Vampire who wants to leave a square next to 2 prone players has to roll 3+, 3 prone players 4+ etc.
NB2: I admit that this should be tested in real game. Rather than the actual 2+, an agility roll may be better, meaning that an experienced Vampire can alter the way this negative trait works.

With this rule, a Vampire coach can get rid of Blood Lust as long as he manages to keep the vampires alone. On the other hand, the opponent can focus on blocking players and push them next to the Vampire. For both sides, there is a tactical aspect of Blood Lust and I believe it is closer to what blood bowl is, using the strenghts/ weaknesses of the opponent to your own interest.

What do you think?

Reason: ''
If three people tell you that you are drunk, you better lie down
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

actually I think we could do away with a negatrait all together and force it more into the realms of a drinking handicap...

Make Bloodlust a 2+ roll and on every failure the Vampire Coach must neck a double Whiskey... by the end of turn 6 the coach will be fairly handicapped....

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Ikterus
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ikterus »

voyagers_uk wrote:actually I think we could do away with a negatrait all together and force it more into the realms of a drinking handicap...

Make Bloodlust a 2+ roll and on every failure the Vampire Coach must neck a double Whiskey... by the end of turn 6 the coach will be fairly handicapped....
I think I will try the veal... :D

Ikterus

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'll sign up for that version of Blood Lust, and only ever play Vamps from now on! :wink: :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Ullis
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Ullis »

How many vampires can you get into a starting team?

Super Nashwan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Super Nashwan »

playing Vampires in a Manchester league started as a very frustrating experience. After 9 games we have some skills and the ST4 AG4 statline is starting to look a little more formidable. I've even managed to win a couple of games :lol: I'll post back at the end of the leauge to see how the second half finishes up.

I personally don't think BL is the biggest downer on the Vampire team. The lack of ANY basic skills is far more difficult to play with. Hypontic Gaze is however a unique and quite brilliant skill.

I'd alter the roster in (only) one of the following ways...

I like Dain's suggestion for a new BL trip. This might be too complicated in practice.
I'd make all failed BL rolls to result in an automatic Stun for the bite guy.
I'd add Thick Skull to the Thralls for no extra cost.
I'd add a positional Thrall type (with a skill such as Block) who can be bitten like a regular Thrall.