Human Blockers

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

Jural wrote:4 3 2 9 Stand Firm, Block 60k. GS/AP.
See, to me, that's a better deal than a Longbeard, by a mile. Sure, the Longbeard gets more skills, but a) MA4 doesn't make him a great target for Tackle as he's suboptimal in the backfield, while Stand Firm is great for a blocker, and b) Thick Skull is a rounding error in terms of player value. So SF beats Tackle + TS in context. No way it should cost less.

Also, SF/Block amount to parts 1 and 2 of quite a few scary combos.

If you are looking just to alter the Human roster, maybe drop 0-2 Catchers and 0-2 Blitzers for 0-2 Runners and 0-2 Blockers. That would give Humans 0-2 of each positional type and a Big Guy.
Blocker: 5/3/3/9 Block GS 70k
Runner: 7/3/3/7 Dodge GA 70k, or with some good-but-not-great running-back skill for 90k. Nerves of Steel? Sure Feet? 2x Fend or AV8/Dodge/GA is too good in context.

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

mattgslater wrote:
Jural wrote:4 3 2 9 Stand Firm, Block 60k. GS/AP.
See, to me, that's a better deal than a Longbeard, by a mile.
/agreed in full!

But... I wasn't proposing a good solution with that player, just what I consider to be a "clearly better" option than the ogre.

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

mattgslater wrote:
Blocker: 5/3/3/9 Block GS 70k
Runner: 7/3/3/7 Dodge GA 70k, or with some good-but-not-great running-back skill for 90k.
My two cents on the idea. The Runner is technically a ghoul. And not a bad idea, but two stats for two different "races" is also a no go in my opinion.

And to the blocker. Humans with AV 9 is a no go, as it would bring them on the level of orcs with whom they are clearly seperated.

So my idea of a human Blocker would be something like:

0-2 5/3/2/8 Guard G-APS 70k or
0-2 5/3/2/8 Wrestle G-APS 60k

More block, or AV9 on a human team doesn't feel right. But these two blockers above would be in a support role, and a not to "OMG I will take them allways" option.

[EDIT] I reverse my oppinion on the 7337 Catcher. Actually I now think it is the way to go.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Stonekloud
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Stonekloud »

Just throwing it out there. What about making it 0-2 catchers and 0-2 ogres on a human team. I dont see many human teams taking more than 2 catchers, and with the option of 2 ogres it gives the human team more str to block with. We talked about this after a couple of matches tonight.

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Hmm, two big guys would break with the current rules. Only teams with a very limitied number, or no positionals at all got more than two Big guys.
For an example, teams with more than two Big Guys.

Halflings,
Goblins,
Ogres,
Chaos Pact.

And I don't see humans there at the moment.

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Brage97
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Brage97 »

Back to the other part of this topic

To be able to use the 2nd ed human blocker minis (and actually all the 2nd ed minis), I have come up with this use of minis:

Throwers: Kicker (no helmet) + Thrower (no helmet)
Catcher: Catcher 1+2, Gregor Meisen + kicker (helmet)
Blitzer: Blitzer 1+2 + Lineman 1+2
Linemen: Blocker 1+2 + Thrower (helmet)

- The blitzer and linemen minis are of the same size and look great as running backs and linebackers.

- The blockers and helmeted thrower all look like blockers (or football linemen; big guys in blocking poses)