Big Guys that are BIG!!

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

JumpingElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by JumpingElf »

Personally I like the idea to drop "Loner" and make the "Big Guys" more expensive. Ok, they were stupid and numb creatures, but the only thing they have to do in game is to beat someone up, they don't have to run or score. There job is easy and simple, so they don't need so much training with the team to learn the great tactics of the game. The only thing they need to know is: 1. Who plays in my team! 2. Beat up the others!

Count them as 2 players? I have no problem with this idea.

We discuss the same thing in our league at this moment and we want to try it out.

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style8,JumpingElf.png[/img][/url]
jammydodger
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jammydodger »

at the moment, as i have understood the majority position, it is that bashing teams are getting a better deal than finesse teams, in the moves to lrb 5.0 (darkson correct me if i'm wrong ;p). in respect to this might it not be a good idea to make big guys less powerful, (e.g. by introducing the 1-for-2 two deal), rather than making them more expensive but powerful (e.g. removing loner and negatraits)?
just a thought based on what i see as the current trends in bb.
cws / jammer

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Here's the right way to make it work.

You have 11 allowances to field players on your team (however you are still limited to fielding no more than 11 players on the pitch as well). You have a skill now called Big Guy that you give to the players currently that have Loner and the Ogres on the Ogre team (and they lose the Loner skill).

Players with the Big Guy skill count as 2 allowances.
Players with the Stunty skill count as 1/2 allowances.
Players with the Titchy skill count as 1/4 allowances.

Now the only team to suffer from this chance at all was the Ogre team as they could at most field 5 Ogres and 4 Snotlings if they wanted to max out the Ogres and this was one of the main reasons it was ditched (that and it was considered complicated for new players to understand).
Sounds neat.
GalakStarscraper wrote:Now if you make this change ... I think you should also change Bribe to ALSO allow (in addition to what it does now) that you could use one Bribe to set up an additional 1 allowance for a drive (and ignore the 11 player limit). This would allow normal teams to field one more player, Stunties to field 2 more for a drive, and Ogre teams to field 4 extra Snotlings. That would be fun and I believe balanced for 100k (and 50k for Goblins).
Brilliant idea! Simply amazing. Could slot into the current rules right now. For one, it is an incredibly effective handicapping measure (the purpose of Inducements right?). Secondly, it would just be loads of fun! :D The idea of 13 goblins or 15 snotlings swarming all over the place is just a riot. :lol:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
s031720
Veteran
Veteran

Post by s031720 »

Must agree, that sounds incredibly fun.

Think it would have been a better change than the loner skill since thats just making one of your players worse/less fun to have.

BB should be about fun :)

stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

Just take away LONER skill on all big guys, and it will be even odds for every team thats having a big guy.

The big guys still suffers from bonehead, take root, wild animal, really stupid so I think it's not that big of a problem, ogre team shows that even without LONER it's hard to play.

TeamTræls
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TeamTræls »

I think it would be great if Big Guys would take up four squares (in effect standing on crosses instead of in the middle of squares). But I'm mad.

I hate Wood Elves.
[b]Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."[/b]
[quote="SillySod"](the other times are when I have norse... norse are suprisingly similar to chainsaws).[/quote]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

TeamTræls wrote:I think it would be great if Big Guys would take up four squares (in effect standing on crosses instead of in the middle of squares). But I'm mad.
Rules wise ... this is not fun.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
TeamTræls
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TeamTræls »

We thought it was.

I hate Wood Elves.
[b]Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."[/b]
[quote="SillySod"](the other times are when I have norse... norse are suprisingly similar to chainsaws).[/quote]
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
TeamTræls wrote:I think it would be great if Big Guys would take up four squares (in effect standing on crosses instead of in the middle of squares). But I'm mad.
Rules wise ... this is not fun.
Gotta agree. Untidy at best.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
BIG Pete
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BIG Pete »

Ditto, in idea its brilliant and funky, but in rules it doesn't sound as bad as first thought. would need a diagram to describe and explain how it works.
For example:
"Big guys are exactly what they say on the tin, too big infact to fit in one square on the pitch and occupy a square 2x2 instead move in the direction you wish from the from the closest corner"

For that wording to work, the M of all big guy would have to drop one if I'm right, also how did dodging work?