Skill Idea Archive: General

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Rituro
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rituro »

Wow... free pseudo-blitzes for a G skill? That skill oozes power. A "no assists" tag might be mandatory, else I'd slap that bad boy on all my blitzers and go bananas.

Reason: ''
The Nuln Bombers -- making amazing counter-attacks since 2507
~
Da Dead'Ard Sunz -- making orange cool again since 2510
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

Rush block:

This player is a safety type of player. he has a wery well developed intuition about where the ball is gonna end up and is determined on stopping it.

Please make better text :D

The skill should allow the player to move one square when an opposing player try to gfi with the ball, if this means that the rush blocker can put a tackle zone on the ball carrier. In adition any gfi in the tackle zone of a rush blocker is made with a -2 modifier.

This skill is essensilly designed to stop OTSs, but it will bring interesting new dimentions to defence in general.

Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

Critical Hit General Skill
this player knows how to pull special tricks out of blocks.
When this player get a double pow result on a block, he can roll a D6 on the critical hit table (when blocking with one die, roll 2 dices with a different color die to keep track of the "real" die)

Critical Hit table
roll a D6 and choose a result :
1-2
- if the player is carrying the ball, after the block he can take a pass action or a hand-off (use up normal pass action for the turn)
-if the player knocked over the ball carrier, he now holds the ball
-the player can choose not to knock over his opponent but instead to push him and throw a new block (just like Frenzy)
-add +1 to injury or armor roll
3-4
-the player can throw another block to an adjacent opponent
-the player can take a free foul action on the player he just knocked over (normal Fouling rules apply but it doesnt use up the Foul action for this turn)
-after following up on the block, the player can move one square regardless of tackle zones
-or result from 1-2 rolls
5-6
-armor roll is an automatic success
-the crowd likes your style. The team gets a free reroll.
-or any other result in the table

Downside is the player cant use a team reroll (or any reroll) on a double skull result...

please improve my wording ;)

UncleBob
Veteran
Veteran

Post by UncleBob »

Defender: This skill cancels Nerves of Steal (and Big Hand), so the Tackle Zone of every player with "Defender" is always effecting the opponents pass, intercept and catch attempts.
I stumbled about this when playing with fully improved players and especially the Nerves of Steal + Leap + AG 4 combo was causing havoc and those players were straightout unstoppable (ignoring breaking their legs, of cause).

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

FAST HANDS: (Agility)

The player has aquired the lightning relexes to quickly pass on the ball to a team-mate over a short distance. Useful to clear out the pigskin from encroaching opponents.

This skill allows the player to perform a Hand-off actionto a nearby team player that is standing within 3 squares of them. All normal modifiers for Hand-Off count and the action counts as the Hand-off for that turn.

"In Dodge We Trust"
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Ruck (General)
If this player fails a pickup roll it does not cause a turnover.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Skill Idea Archive: General

Post by Blackhoof »

Taunt: A player this skill constantly jibe's other players causing them to go on fits of rage and anger. This skill may be used once per opposing player turn.(When the turn begins)

Roll a D6 and take the appropiate action from the table below.

1: Nobody calls me a squig - The player with the skill makes a dodge roll, if the test is passed move the player back one square as normal rules for pushing back, if the test is failed take the following action. The opposing player grabs the player by the neck and does things unimaginable. The player who used the skill is killed and removed as a casualty.

2-5: Come Ere'! -The opposing player must take a block action against the player who used the taunt skill.

6: Got the Ref! -The opposing player swings for the taunting player, but he gets out of the why just in time. The blow hits the unfortunate ref to be standing behind killing him out right. The opposing player is sent off and the new ref is so imtimidated that the rest of the half is played as if "Get the Ref" had been rolled on the kickoff table.

What do you think? :D

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I think, why would I take a skill that kills me 1/6.... maybe on a gimped zombie but that would be about it.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
Blackhoof
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Blackhoof »

@ Double Skulls
Edited a little