Poison Wind Globadier & Warplock Pistol

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Poison Wind Globadier & Warplock Pistol

Post by Catt »

I've always thought that the Skaven team could really use some secret weapons from a fluff perspective - I don't think they need it from a balance perspective though (maybe against the uber-bashers like Chaos...).

Anyway I did a search and there had been a bit of a discussion but not much. So I thought I'd put forward an idea:

Poison Wind Globadier

6 3 3 7 Bombardier, Secret Weapon, Thick Skull (Gas Mask), (General Skill access, would passing make him too powerful in the long term?)

Pricing I am not sure, 60/70K?

But I'd suggest the following special rules:

- Throws globes as per the bombardier skill but instead of the usual 4+ to knock down rule:

1) Each player affected must make an unmodified agility roll. If they succeed they manage to hold their breath and cover their eyes in time.
2) If fail roll an unmodified armour roll as per the stab skill

I think this matches the bombardier skill whilst making it more like poisoned gas than a bomb with the AV roll element - against low AV teams this might be really powerful but by linking it to an unmodified AG roll it will minimise this because most low AV teams are also high AG as well (bar a few). The globadier should make all roles on a 2+ due to his gas mask (or maybe just +1).

Also perhaps whenever an armour roll is required for the player and a double is rolled (whether this breaks armour or not) some of the gas leaks out of the globes (or one gets cracked). Play as if a globe had exploded in the globadier's square. Or you could do this every time he is knocked down? Something just to add to the danger and random element.

Warplock Pistoler

7 3 3 7 Pistoler, Secret Weapon (general) not sure about pricing. 80k?

Pistoler Skill:

1) Target a player within short pass range who is in direct line of sight.

2) Roll to hit them by following all normal passing rules except for any player who could 'intercept' roll a dice on a 6 they are hit instead - do this for every player eligable to intercept starting with the closest but stop when someone is hit. Hitting you own team is a turn over (makes it too risky?)

3) Roll armour as if with mighty blow (possibly not with mighty blow for balance? - maybe mighty blow if in quick pass range?)

4) If you miss scatter three times then draw a direct line of sight from the target square to the Pistoler. Following the same rules for 'intercepting' to the target square. If occupied that person is hit. If unoccupied the bullet hits the ground (or flies too high) and no one is hit. Inaccurate shot is not a turn over unless someone on own team is hit.

5) A fumble means the pistol jams and cannot be used next turn AND the pistoler cannot move if he wants to unjam it.

I am not sure how useful the pistoler would actually be in the end but he could be quite fun in a dangerously random kind of way.

What do people think? Do you think this rules would a) work and b) be balanced?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Catt »

Ah, OK. Thanks. Interesting clan-based teams there.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

By all means keep doing your own, I was just throwing them out there for ideas.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Catt
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Catt »

Darkson wrote:By all means keep doing your own, I was just throwing them out there for ideas.
Thanks for linking them.

What's nice about blood bowl is that there is so much you could do with it - you could have literally tens more teams which would be balanced but also fairly unique.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

I like, don't think you should turnover for hitting your own side. Just a rat after all. Skaven don't care about friendly fire. To reflect this you may up the cost of the player.

Patchwork
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Patchwork »

Heff wrote:Skaven don't care about friendly fire.
and Goblins do? I doubt the turn over rules are there to represent any of the team getting upset about one of their teammates going down.