Seperate CD and Hobgob teams

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Colin
Legend
Legend

Seperate CD and Hobgob teams

Post by Colin »

Here's an idea for having seperate Chaos Dwar and Hobgoblin teams.
No need to mirror WHRB Army lists (even out of date ones).

First off, the Hobgoblin team is supposed to be quite bad, mainly because they aren't too bright. I would reflect that in them not starting with any skills (other than cheating ones, as they are supposed to be notorious cheaters) and having a high RR cost.

Linemen 5 3 3 7 G
Blitzers 6 3 3 8 GS
Runners 6 3 3 7 GA
Sneaky Gits 6 3 3 7 sneaky git skill GA
RRs cost 70 K (maybe 80 K)
Each non-lineman have max of 2 , not sure of the costs.
Would be a very challenging team to play and would take longer to get them to a decent level with skills.

An all CD team would be similar to a dwarf team but with some changes.
I added a new SW player, the CD flamethrower as it's mentioned in the 2ed Star Players book (though probably a typo, probably just meant thrower)
Linemen 5 3 2 9 ThSkull G
Blitzers 6 3 3 9 Block, TS GS
Blockers 4 3 2 9 Block, tackle, TS GS
Throwers 5 3 3 8 Sure Hands, TS GP
RRs 60 K
Baxooka (or blunderbus) lineman stats with HMP, SW, NH, etc
Flamethrower lineman stats but with SW, NH, etc and can choose a flame attack that can hit any player up to 4 suares away with a 2d block (to represent being hit by the flames) with a +1 bonus to AV roll.
Downside is that if FT player is ever knocked over and a 12 is rolled on the AV roll, the backpack holding the flamable liquid explodes resulting in a fireball effect in his square, auto knocked down and +3 to AV roll, adjacent players auto knocked down and have to do normal AV roll.
Not sure at all about the costs
The SW players would only be max of 1 each and max of 2 for the throwers, 6 max for the blockers and 4 for the blitzers.

Reason: ''
GO STAMPEDERS!
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

interesting Torg... very interesting

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Not too interested in either of those roster TBH, purely from a gameplay point of view. They would be very tough going, if not totally unrewarding.

Btw the MBBL2 has similar teams already:

http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBLTeams/Hobgoblin.html

Can't find the Black Dwarf link but they are very similar. IIRC Darkson lost loads of games with them.

===

Anyway, I think a CD team with Orc & Goblin slaves instead of Hobgobs might be cool. -1AV and Animosity for a 10K reduction in price perhaps.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joemanji wrote:Can't find the Black Dwarf link but they are very similar. IIRC Darkson lost loads of games with them.
Official MBBL2 Black Dwarf team: http://www.titan.my-php.net/BlackDwarf.html
(team page not currently hosted on blood-bowl.net)

Overall record (from 2 teams) was 2/2/10 (w/d/l), and not all of the poor performance can be put down to the fact I'm a poor dwarf coach.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I suppose you could substitute centaurs for the blitzers (but only have 2 of them) in the CD team.
I was thinking that Dirty Player could be a starting skill for one of the positional players (blitzers or runners) on the Hobgoblin team. Also forgot to add the option for a Troll on the team as well (thought that would work with the fluff as both trolls and hobgobs are decribed as strupid).
Guess the CD team could use a BG too, maybe let them choose between a troll or mino.

GO STAMPEDERS!