Tactical fouling

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Tactical fouling

Post by Joemanji »

Just mulling over an idea...

What if fouling was more tactical, in terms of a large short term risk vs long term gain.

I'm thinking high chance of being sent off, but with a much smaller penalty for doing so. So basically a sent off player goes into the Reserves box instead of the D&I. The chances of the ref seing you would drastically increase though. Maybe:

a) Player send off on anything but a double. The downside of this is that there are more doubles at the high end of the scale.

b) Player sent off on any AV or Inj roll that includes a 5 or 6.

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Willi
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Willi »

I like the idea of adding something to fouling more focused on the situation. How about the penalty when caught is linked with the outcome of the foul, e.g:

Foul does not break the armour/produces a stun: Player caught gets a severe caution from the ref. Place the player in a corner of the field as far from the action and the ball as possible. The player may do anything he wants next turn.

Foul produces a ko: Player gets a temporary sent off (like in hockey). Remove him from the pitch. He can rejoin the field at the beginning of his teams next but one turn in the corner of his endzone which is furthest from the ball. He may act normally this turn.

Foul produces a BH: Player is sent off for the rest of the match.

Foul produces a SI or RIP: Player is sent off for the rest of the match and must miss the next match as well.

Rent me. I`m German.
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

SIN BIN!!!!

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

I've been thinking along similar lines before.
Perhaps simply the ability to declare your action a "light foul", when you declare a fouling action.
A light foul can only stun the victim. There is no injury roll.
A fouler sent off on a doubles on the armor roll is placed in the reserves box.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

plasmoid wrote:Perhaps simply the ability to declare your action a "light foul", when you declare a fouling action.
A light foul can only stun the victim. There is no injury roll.
A fouler sent off on a doubles on the armor roll is placed in the reserves box.
Yeah, I think I proposed that one too. Good idea. :D

lerchey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by lerchey »

I think that this adds too much in the way of "new rules". E.g., there is no other action/result in the game that puts players "on the sideline" or "in the corner". Further, in the corner furthest from the ball/action is very arguable during a game. I played last night and while the ball was near one corner, most of the "action" (almost a brawl) was on the other side of the pitch. How do you determine which corner the player is sent off to?

I would prefer using the existing boxes...

Foul that fails or results in a stun - send the player, if caught to the Reserves Box.

Foul that causes a KO - fouler, if caught is sent to the KO box as well.

Foul that causes an SI or RIP - fouler, if caught is placed in the IR box (out of the game).

Still provides variable penalties (let the punishment fit the crime!), but doesn't introduce any new rules/placement issues to track.

Willi wrote:I like the idea of adding something to fouling more focused on the situation. How about the penalty when caught is linked with the outcome of the foul, e.g:

Foul does not break the armour/produces a stun: Player caught gets a severe caution from the ref. Place the player in a corner of the field as far from the action and the ball as possible. The player may do anything he wants next turn.

Foul produces a ko: Player gets a temporary sent off (like in hockey). Remove him from the pitch. He can rejoin the field at the beginning of his teams next but one turn in the corner of his endzone which is furthest from the ball. He may act normally this turn.

Foul produces a BH: Player is sent off for the rest of the match.

Foul produces a SI or RIP: Player is sent off for the rest of the match and must miss the next match as well.

Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

Sent off if any of the Two dice for the intial armour roll are 1's?

"In Dodge We Trust"
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

Elect to roll one dice on injury?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

mumbojumboist wrote:Elect to roll one dice on injury?
Brilliant.