Team specific skills

Got a great idea and/or proposal for BloodBowl?

Moderator: TFF Mods

Jural
Legend
Legend

Team specific skills

Post by Jural »

This is an idea I had a little while ago, and the more I think about it, the more it grows on me. I think it's a new concept to Blood Bowl, but some might consider it a house rule... Either way:

Team Specific Skills:

Some races and playstyles are developed and used by some teams, but other teams simply can't perfect them, don't need them, or won't stoop to that level! The following skills are added to the list of possible improvements a player can taken, but only if they play for the teams listed

Elves (High Elf, Dark Elf, Pro Elf, Wood Elf)

Pratfall (General)- When a player with this skill is pushed back and not knocked over, he can choose to be placed prone instead. Also, at the end of a move action, a player with this skill can be placed prone. This is not a turnover unless the player is holding the ball at the time!

Dwarves (Dwarves, Chaos Dwarves)

Dogged Pursuit (Strength)- This player gets knocked down... but he gets up again! Some say it's willpower and determination, but others just say he is closer to the ground to begin with! Either way, this player pays only 1 sqaure of movement to stand up instead of the normal 3.

Traditional Races (Humans, Orcs, Skaven)

Disciplined (General)- Some players just have better instincts for the game, and always seem to be in the right place at the right time. On a kick-off, after both teams have set-up and the ball has been placed on the pitch, but before the kick-off table has been rolled on, a player with this skill who is not in a tackle zone can move up to 3 squares if he rolls a 4+. This movement can not take the player into the other half of the pitch, nor can it make the team's set up illegal.

Chaos (Chaos, Nurgle, Norse, Chaos Pact)

???

Undead (Necromantic, Khemri, Undead)

Relentless (Str)- Some players are hard to keep out of the game- even after they have suffered injuries that would end the career of a normal player! When this player suffers an injury, even a death, he is moved to the reserves box on a roll of a 2+. The injury is not applied until the game is over. If the player suffers another casualty during the game, he is DEAD, although regeneration and/or apothecaries can work as normal.

I'm not so interested in the skills (Although I like them), just the concept... I like the idea of skills which can only be taken by some teams!

Reason: ''
grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

I think it would be interesting, but with all the work that the BBRC has done to "tweak" and "nerf" all of the teams into their respective tiers....I think it would add a huge element of imbalance to the game.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

grampyseer wrote:I think it would be interesting, but with all the work that the BBRC has done to "tweak" and "nerf" all of the teams into their respective tiers....I think it would add a huge element of imbalance to the game.
The BBRC is pretty irrelevant to this- it will never become official! It isn't even aimed that way!

bouncergriim
Super Star
Super Star

Post by bouncergriim »

Chaos

RAGE: (str) These teams are just so violent they keep hitting even after a player is down. This player may BLOCK (not blitz) a prone or stunned player as though they are standing, no assists or modifiers (claws/MB) from either side for this special action.

Lizards, Zon:

Stealth hunting (agility): after a turn over, if this player was not activated during a turn they may move one pace following all other rules (must dodge, etc.). May not be used to move into either endzone.

Halflings, gobbos, underworld, snotlings:

Sneaky defender: agility on a roll of 4-6 this player may sneak onto the field for during a kickoff or recieving set up (only 1 extra player allowed on the field, but more than one can try to roll this skill if the first fails). This brings your fieldable players to 12. He cannot be in a wide zone or on the LOS when set up.

The wording needs help, but these are my team ideas.

grampyseer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by grampyseer »

The BBRC is pretty irrelevant to this- it will never become official! It isn't even aimed that way!
No, It's not irrelevant. I'm just pointing out that the game balance could be thrown off.

Jural
Legend
Legend

Post by Jural »

grampyseer wrote:
No, It's not irrelevant. I'm just pointing out that the game balance could be thrown off.
I agree game balance is relevant- just not the BBRC!