2004-2005 North America calendar

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

2004-2005 North America calendar

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

OK, I'm putting this out to the community as an initial test to get the group's thoughts on having a calendar style listing of the upcoming tournaments. As of the moment there are just the North American tourneys and next year's Blood Bowl listed - I'll be willing to maintain this version of the tourney page, tho' I think it might be something for others to consider. I've linked to web pages that were listed and if there is enough interest, I may consider getting the licensed version so that the graphics can be customized and errors reported easily. If anyone know of a similar calendar app that they believe is better, please PM me.

http://www.oldmanmonkey.com/BBCal/webcal.html

Any thoughts for improvement would be appreciated.

-OMM

Reason: ''
Speak TRUTH to power.
tinywv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tinywv »

Fantastic idea, OMM! This will be really helpful to a tourney junkie like me! Now we just need to get everyone else on board.

HEY, all you tourney organizers! Get on this thing!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be - Douglas Adams

NAF # 2203
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

This is an excellent idea OMM!!! 8)

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
grafix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grafix »

Hey OMM,

I'll be sending you two to add to your calander. First will be the first ever Charlotte Bowl (don't have details yet but hopefully htis year) the second will be ConCarolina's Bowl II, which you are familier with. It will be in june again.

tinywv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tinywv »

First will be the first ever Charlotte Bowl (don't have details yet but hopefully htis year) the second will be ConCarolina's Bowl II, which you are familier with. It will be in june again.
Those sound great and are close to me. I can't wait.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be - Douglas Adams

NAF # 2203
grafix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grafix »

The ConCarolina's is June 4-6 so the Bowl will probably be on that saturday hte 5.

Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Thanks, Grafix, will update the calendar when I return to Tampa on Sunday. The calendar is slowly catching on - I'm updating the changes as I see them - the responses have all been really positive so far, mostly in terms of the ease of the layout.

I'm in Atlanta for the DragonCon tournament - sorry I missed the Charlotte GT but I just needed a travel break - my yard's a mess!

If the Charlotte Bowl happens in September I'm probably in althought I've been "asked" (ha ha) to help some of my peers in their regions since I've made my budget numbers for the year. So later in Sept is good for me - but if not, then we'll see . . . Definitely going to Montreal (with some company - got tired of seeing all the married people look so happy!), probably to Ann Arbor for the Underworld and if Jay finalizes the PhilCon tourney, well I'll be there too!!

Thanks for putting the word out about the calendar!

-OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Hey the Death Bowl is turning into a real family event. I'm glad to hear that you'll be bringing company to Montreal Old Man Monkey. As far as I've heard a fair amount of the people traveling from out of town are bringing their wives/girlfriends. Not to mention that my wife will be one of the Hostesses at the event along with some other lady friends of mine. This is good news all around.

Now we just have to do something about getting a few more Americans at the tournament. At the moment you are the only person from the US that I know is coming. I'm starting to think they're afraid of us Canadian Blood Bowlers 8)

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Any hope of getting this updated? I thought it was cool. Now with my new job I have more money and more time off I'm trying to plan out my year and this would be a big help.

ImageImage
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Excellent job. Cant wait to meet u in Orlando in march.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Certainly - hadn't really paid attention to it for a month or more since it seemed as if I was the only one who thought this format was needed.

Glad to see you're wealthier, Xtreme, and with time on your hands.

I'll take care of adding all the new North America tournaments this morning.

-OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Done!

-OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

This is the sort of page I'd like to see on the NAF site, broken into countries/regions.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Old_Man_Monkey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Old_Man_Monkey »

Well, whomever the new NAF treasurer is might want to put this on his list of priorities . . . :)

I agree - I think it simply easier to view and allows people to check at a glance what tournies are upcoming.

-OMM

Speak TRUTH to power.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

dwarfcoach suggested something similar a while back..I thought somebody would have to code it..didn't even consider downloading an app. I'm currently looking what freeware is available on cnet.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."