The Albion Coast Cup 2005, Southampton, 20th-21st August

Discuss teams, ride/hotel sharing, trash talk, and event results here

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Looks great, but he needs more work on his tail ;)

Reason: ''
Musta Surma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Musta Surma »

I will bring one painted ACC 2004 wight with me, just need to finish his arms and torso and base. But I doubt that I will have any chance of winning with him.

Success renders the foolish wise,
and failure makes the wise foolish!
Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

l_dauguet wrote:I have to decline as well :-?
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:P

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
Gumbo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gumbo »

Evening Gents

I'm looking to come along to the ACC. Im brand new to table top (except about 12 years ago) but i have been playing online (OLBBL and now FUMBBL) for nearly 6 years. As a result of seeing this tournament, i dusted down my ropey old board game and made an archaeological find in my loft to the tune of one old half painted skaven team. Hence my slight problem about the appearance of my minis (indeed i may be one short if i want four gutter runners). Furthermore my painting skills are limited to garden fences, bed / bathrooms and the odd shed door, so i fear should i endeavour to have a crack at these poor unsuspecting mice, i may do for them what facelifts did for Jackie Stallone.

On the plus side my missus wants to come, i can down a pint in about 5 seconds (used to do it in 3, alas fat bastard syndrome set in and now theres no more room at the inn), and ill be at least a first round push over for whoever gets poked with the lucky stick and gets me.

Indigo, got your email back, hope it will be ok for me to come down and get at least one game in before the 20th.

Venomous Breath: If you could put me down as confirmed i will pay up this week.

Cheers

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

that's one very funny first post :lol:

Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Gumboo wrote:Evening Gents

I'm looking to come along to the ACC. Im brand new to table top (except about 12 years ago) but i have been playing online (OLBBL and now FUMBBL) for nearly 6 years. As a result of seeing this tournament, i dusted down my ropey old board game and made an archaeological find in my loft to the tune of one old half painted skaven team. Hence my slight problem about the appearance of my minis (indeed i may be one short if i want four gutter runners). Furthermore my painting skills are limited to garden fences, bed / bathrooms and the odd shed door, so i fear should i endeavour to have a crack at these poor unsuspecting mice, i may do for them what facelifts did for Jackie Stallone.

On the plus side my missus wants to come, i can down a pint in about 5 seconds (used to do it in 3, alas fat bastard syndrome set in and now theres no more room at the inn), and ill be at least a first round push over for whoever gets poked with the lucky stick and gets me.

Indigo, got your email back, hope it will be ok for me to come down and get at least one game in before the 20th.

Venomous Breath: If you could put me down as confirmed i will pay up this week.

Cheers
Cool another lamb to the slaught... sorry, another welcome competitor :)

(now how to rig the tournament software so I get drawn him in the 1st round...) :wink:

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Is there anyone out there who is attending that willing to pick up an extra werewolf mini for me (you will be reimbursed for cost and postage of course)?

GO STAMPEDERS!
Torpor
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Torpor »

Welcome aboard Gumboo (and Mrs Gumboo) :D

I am sure that there will be a 4th Gutter Runner available to borrow for the weekend should you need it.

Helping other players' rankings since 2004...
Slinky78
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Slinky78 »

Gumboo wrote: i can down a pint in about 5 seconds (used to do it in 3, alas fat bastard syndrome set in
Cheers
Right, sign this man up for Friday night, we may have found someone to carry me back from the boozer.

[url]http://www.level10.org/bloodbowl/index.php?section=main[/url]
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Here are the final House Rules for the Albion Coast Cup. There are a couple of changes from those on the Web Site.

Tournament Points

WIN: 3 points to the Winner
DRAW: 1 point to each Coach
LOSS: 0 points to the loser
Tie Breaks: Net TD’s, Net Casualties, TD’s + Casualties

House Rules

The tournament will use the LRB 4.0 with the following exceptions:
You have 1.1 million gc to spend on your team. Using Rookie Players only. No Star Players.
You can buy any coaching staff apart from Wizards. Halfling coaches my not buy extra ingredients.
Apothecaries can be hired for 50,000gc for the tournament.
Teams are reset after each game so no extra zombies or rotters can be carried over. However, kills by a Nurgle Beast allow an extra rotter to be placed in the reserve box immediately
Get the Ref! uses the original RR2004 version
All LRB4 teams are Allowed
Teams do not progress using SPP. Each coach will be able to award a player with a skill BEFORE each game (including the first). For the last game of each day this can be taken as a double roll, however Mutations are Banned. A player can only be given one skill (or trait) during the tournament. You may select your skill after the draw for each round, but that information must be passed to organiser before kick-off.

[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Hag Graef Dragons[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]1st UK :wink: NAF Dark Elf Coach[/size]
[size=150][color=#FF3333][b]Silvania Suckers[/b][/color][/size] [size=117]Most experienced :wink: NAF Vampire Coach[/size]
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Sounds good, see you all next week :)

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

Emberbreeze wrote:Get the Ref! uses the original RR2004 version
And which one was this again?

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Emberbreeze
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Emberbreeze »

Valen wrote:
Emberbreeze wrote:Get the Ref! uses the original RR2004 version
And which one was this again?
both players 'get the ref'

All these rules + shedule etc will be on a handy reference sheet given to all coaches.

Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

Folks does any one have a woodie team i could use for this tournament? Would be thoroughly grateful via alcohol.

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Gumboo wrote:Folks does any one have a woodie team i could use for this tournament? Would be thoroughly grateful via alcohol.
Pm me. I may take a 'Bilbo' if offered... tis a nasty drink that's got to be drunk and I resent paying for something I don't like..... :P

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."