Amsterdam BB Invitational

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

19/21 July, that could be possible to me (have to take only one day free with my job).
Gonna see it with Trambi and tell you soon.

Reason: ''
Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Great, I want some French opponents!

Thadrin, Toronto is a great place, or so I thought until I got followed through Cabbagetown by a junkie with a deathwish who kept on asking if I wanted to fight a n*gger. I didn't, I wanted to shoot a junkie though!

Jesus Ant, why don't you issue toursists with guns?

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Norse wrote:Yes please, only silly hats with marijuana leaves on the front (in the red, gold and green of Jamaica) will be permitted at this event!

Expect nothing less.Image Image

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Are you sure you weren't in Detroit? ;)

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

No mate, the CN tower down the waterfront suggested otherwise....

Anyway, anyone else willing to commit to the best BB tournament in the world :roll: ?? ;)

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Lahatiel
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lahatiel »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:Are you sure you weren't in Detroit? ;)
No, it must have been Toronto if the guy was polite enough to ask... having lived in Detroit for my first 27 years, I feel confident in saying that a Detroit junkie wouldn't have bothered with the smalltalk. :D

I've never been accosted on any of my visits to Toronto, on the other hand. Maybe I just got lucky.

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

No I was just unlucky, and I was in a bad part of town. I've been to Canada many times before and this was my first problem. I guess sometimes it pays to know the locality before you go a-wandering.... :oops:

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Latest update on spaces....

DEFINITE ATTENDEES: Norse, PrinceLucianus, Marcus, Deathwing, Longfang, GenoNBBL, Karegon, Steve and Dean (last 2 are mates of Geno in case you are wondering)

PROBABLE ATTENDEES: Thadrin, Voyagers, Trambi, Longshot maybe TiMuN and Ancalagon if they are free/wealthy.. DFC, are you interested??

That leaves just a few spaces left, so if any of the probables want to make themselves definites, now is the time...

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

I wish I could attend, but unfortunately a continent and a half stands in my way... I am however making plans to attend the 1st of the BB Majors next year (tentatively scheduled for January if I remember right). So with a little luck I may meet some of u guys then :)

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Speaking personally, I intend to become much more active in BB next year, and expect to attend a number of 'official' events.

I had always thought my wife would object, but it seems she does not, as it gives her plenty of time to spend with her secret lover, so by this time next year you will be sick fed up with the sight of me... :roll:

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Ok Norse
Could you remind us the rules of this turnament. I'm lazy about reading again the whole thread. ;)

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

We haven't fixed the rules yet to be honest, why would we until we know who is coming? To be honest, it'll probably end up being like resurrection for some simple reasons:

1) They are already written down and easy to access...

2) A number of experienced gamers said how simple and effective they were and I bow to their knowledge..

Once we have a list of all attendees we will worry about rules I think..

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

this is 2k1 rules i suppose, no?
will re-read it one more time.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yes, 2K1 rules and no star players. Once we know how many are coming then we will know how the games will be played, but I suspect we will play 2 conferences, east and west, with the champs of each conference playing for the Spike trophy... Depending on numbers though that may change..

One deviation from basic rules though is that we will not be using turnovers if you forget to move your turn marker. The reason for this is quite simple:

It's deeply childish and I wish GW would drop it permanently.

The last thing I want to see is a room full of 30 year old men all shouting "ILLEGAL PROCEDURE!" at each other like 3 year olds playing Snap! If your opponent forgets to move his turn counter, you will politely remind him of his error and continue with the game. If he forgets to block with a WA, then it's a turnover. One is an important rule in the game, the other reduces grown men to the mentality of school kids.... :evil:

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

OI....

I'm only 25 (26 when the tourney rolls round...).

I agree that calling IP for missed movement on the turn tracker is deeply sad...especially if its the only way you can stop a TD.

That said, repeated offences should be punished. The rule SHOULDN'T be repealed, but common sense should be used. Otherwise whats the point?

(edit: typo)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.