Amsterdam BB Invitational

Contains old topics long since discussed. Now here purely for reading, not for posting to.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I think Andy will give 3 prizes:

Best Team (overall winner!)

Best Painter

Best Comeback (the award for the guy that loses 3 times on Saturday but wins 2 times on Sunday!)

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Yeah the prizes don't all have to be complete BB teams ;) I think Gregg did a lot of leg work before his tourney and got things like gift certificates etc. If you approach your local hobby stores you'll probably find they are pretty cool about helping.

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

You forget Ant, I used to work for GW. The only thing I used to give people was a hard time for not spending more money... :oops:

I actually think Andy is being quite generous with his offer of a signed annual and a team or two.. I'm quietly hoping for a Khemri team which some people may not have had the chance to buy yet, but I'll not hold my breath..

I wonder if Phil has any un-used greens which he would part with as prizes? I'm sure a 'never going to be made' elf lady or similar would be a great prize! Any chance Phil?? Any spare off-cuts lying around your green stuff area?

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

Are we still invited to this turnament ?
Trambi & Longshot

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yes, but you need to PM or mail me with your real names, e-mail addresses, team choice, arrival time and accomodation needs.

You have until Friday night to send me these mails or I have to close the guest list permanently.

I await your mails............

Norse

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

OK, we have 16 players now!

Maybe we could manage to play more games now too?

How would everyone feel about 3 games on the Sunday as well?? Is that a good idea or a bit too much BB?? To be honest, I've never played more than 2 games in any given day, so I'm maybe not the best judge....

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Re: .

Post by Deathwing »

Princelucianus wrote:Actually, my picture is on the Legendz site and I look perfectly respectable there...... :P

Lucy
:smoking:
OK, it's the great who's Lucy question? The dude in the witches hat? The James Hetfield look alike? Student fraternity or goth dude ? Aquarius party or darts team? C'mon Norse, we want a clue! :P

Will any of those nice goth girlies be there to witness my triumphal march to the title? I could impress them with my glorious ability to defy the law of averages in rolling skulls and ones.... :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:OK, we have 16 players now!

Maybe we could manage to play more games now too?

How would everyone feel about 3 games on the Sunday as well?? Is that a good idea or a bit too much BB?? To be honest, I've never played more than 2 games in any given day, so I'm maybe not the best judge....
4 in a day at Res. was pretty intense, 3 shouldn't be a problem. Funnily enough, me and Longfang were discussing this the other night. Don't want to finish too late on Sun, it's party night! :P :smoking:
If we're gonna play 3 I'd rather start earlier, shouldn't be a problem as we'll all be there overnight anyway, nobody's travelling 'for the day' as it were. So I'm ok with it..

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Deathwing wrote:
Will any of those nice goth girlies be there to witness my triumphal march to the title? I could impress them with my glorious ability to defy the law of averages in rolling skulls and ones.... :D
Er...

those Goth girlies are mostly blokes in drag DW :lol:

don't drop your soap now.. :-?

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

prize for DW,

"gold painted rivet" award for not bending over for nice Goth girlies with beards

GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

6 games in 2 days is going to be intense for me! Ok so I don't play more than 1 game per week usually anyway!

Thats like 6 weeks BB in 2 days. Wow....

Should be fun, just don't forget to all bring poncho's and umbrella's for when my brain explodes from excessive BB..... :lol:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Norse wrote:
Er...

those Goth girlies are mostly blokes in drag DW :lol:

don't drop your soap now.. :-?
Well...at the risk of causing offence...

Some are more obvious........

.....than others.....

! :P :wink:

P.S. Is this Lucy looking 'respectable'?

:-?

Just what kinda place is this anyway...????? :o

Spyke
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Spyke »

[quote="Deathwing
4 in a day at Res. was pretty intense, 3 shouldn't be a problem. Funnily enough, me and Longfang were discussing this the other night. Don't want to finish too late on Sun, it's party night! :P :smoking:
If we're gonna play 3 I'd rather start earlier, shouldn't be a problem as we'll all be there overnight anyway, nobody's travelling 'for the day' as it were. So I'm ok with it..[/quote]

Davin & Spyke say "what he said". We're ready to party as well (see you next weekend Deathwing).

longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Who's waiting for Sunday evening to party?

Boy I'm gonna be such a push over!

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Yes, we can all get drunk early on Saturday while watching DW chat up Lucy by mistake.. :P :lol:

FYI, Legendz is a Goth haven. I think I'm the only guy who has ever gone in there without long black hair and matching attire!! The owner is really down to earth though, he's a South African, and the bar is well stocked..

Well, it was until we arrived...

One word of warning though, some of the tables are a fraction too short for the boards, so the endzones stick out over the edge. We know this is not ideal, but it's better than forking out to hire a hall specially. I can cope with bits sticking out a bit if you guys can.

Judging from DWs earlier post, he doesn't mind bits sticking out at all... :-?

PS Isn't the first guy in the picture trying too hard to look like Marilyn Manson? :o