Bug on Javabowl ???

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Bug on Javabowl ???

Post by kadu-c »

I'm always unlucky when I play with Javabowl... Is it a bug ??

No seriously, I wonder how dice results are randomised.

Reason: ''
Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

its just luck

it uses some in depth randomizing alogirthm that some maths bloke wrote. sorry thats vague but thats all i know

though i can tell you as an admin on fumbbl and have seen many a game that it is random, on a long enough timeline with many many matches you are bound to get bad luck and good luck streaks, it all evens out in the end

MattiasF

Post by MattiasF »

The ranomizer is moswt certainly the same ol' java randomizer every java programmer uses. No errors in that one. It produced somewhat random numbers that probably is even more random than your own dice.

But, the alorithm to measure your luck (see top of the screen, Luck 45% - 63 %, or samething like that.) is on the other hand a futile attempt to grasp the concept of luck. It basiclly measures how many die-rolls you succeed, and modify your luck bases on the actual chance of the roll to succeed.

(Easy rolls gives a little luck if sucessful, but a lot of bad luck if failed, and vice versa.)

It does not (from what I understand) take anything results from tha kick-off into account. In my opinion is a Blitz!-result at the rigtht time a much more 'lucky thing' than to suceed with a few 6-dodges... Also, its mor unlucky to fail a die-roll early in a turn than later.

Basicly, do not mix the result of the dice and blame the randomizer when the game says you are unlucky. That is really two different things.