League management software

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

League management software

Post by tgrozow »

I would like to let people know of this league management program I created. You can download it at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/tgrozow/BBMan.html.

This program let's you create multiple leagues and multiple seasons. You can export team rosters to HTML format which is read by the Java Blood Bowl client. XML export and import for transferring information between your database and a friend's database (if there are more than 2 comissioners) will be available soon.

Feel free to send any comments about the software. The more comments, the better the application will turn out.

This application requires the Microsoft .NET framework or the .NET runtime to be installed on your computer. You can download it from Microsoft's website.

Reason: ''
Toby

Post by Toby »

Can you explain the thing ?

AFAICS there is no Documentation at all..

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

Documentation

Post by tgrozow »

I am working on a help file. I hope to finish it in the next few weeks.

Here is a quick explanation of the different tabs in the program:

Leagues - Create a league. If you have divisions in your league, you can create a league for each division, or you can use seasons for seperating a league into divisions.

Seasons - Create a season. A season must belong to a league so create the league first. When you create the season, you will have a list of all the teams that are in the database, so you can check the ones that participate in the season. Because of that you should first create the teams.

Teams - Shows a list of the teams. You can see list for all teams, or according to a specific league or a specific season. Here you create and update the teams, and from the team editor you create and update players.

Schedule - Create a schedule for a season. You can manually add games to the schedule, or you can click the generate button, and it will create a round robin schedule for the season. Note that when a round robin is created, it deletes all other scheduled games for that season. You can also enter games directly from this tab by hitting report.

Games - Shows a list of games played, and from here you can enter game stats. Note that once a game has been entered the stats for it cannot be changed (hopefully I will fix this in later versions), so make sure you entered the correct information.

Stats - View different team and player stats.

Options - A few tabs are within this tab
Races - A list of races and their positions. You can add new ones, but you cannot delete. the application comes with all the LRB races entered.
Skills - A list of all the skills and traits that a player can get. All the skills and traits from the LRB are entered. You can add additional skills but you cannot delete.
Standings - here you can enter the number of points a team gets for a win, tie, loss, and other stats like TD, Casualties, interceptions, etc... When you go to the standings tab in the stats section, the application uses these values to calculate the score and sort the teams by standings.
HTML Export - Choose a league, season, and folder and the application will create HTML rosters for each team selected. This rosters are compatible with the Java Blood Bowl client.
XML Import/Export - Not implemented yet.

Hope this helps until I can get a more detailed help file.

If you have any questions, post them here or email me at tgrozow@comcast.net

Gabby

Toby

Post by Toby »

More basic:

I play a match with JBB. What do I do then?

how is the thing supposed o be. Is your application designed to be a blood bowl server?

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tgrozow »

This application is not a blood bowl sever and the only connection to the Java client is that it creates HTML rosters that the client can read.

After you played a game, open the application, go to the games tab, and add a new game. Then enter all the information from the results page that opens up. You have to do this manually. I might write a routine that will read the xml result file in a later version, but right now, you have to enter the game results and stats manually.

Gabby

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

Version 1.2.0.2

Post by tgrozow »

I have just updated the web page with a new version of the software (version 1.2.0.2). This version adds the option to delete items (leagues, seasons, teams, players, scheduled games, races, positions, skills). Note that some situations will prevent you from deleting an item. For example, you cannot delete a team that played games, and you cannot delete a race that has a team of that race.

Gabby

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

I'll check it out and yell if I find any problems :)

The Freeman
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Freeman »

You do a great job !
And hurry up ! Implement import/export in html or xml format for all the things !

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tgrozow »

Thanks,

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time to work on this program, so it's going to be a while until I can get some major updates to it.

Gabby