BIG GUYS for JBB / new Team Roster Tool

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Toby

BIG GUYS for JBB / new Team Roster Tool

Post by Toby »

Galak and Ronald are in the process of developing the "Team Creator" to fit for JBB. It will allow to create a Roster (using different Ruleset Team Lists) and update the Roster after each game using the "Results.html". This is a List of BIG GUYs, I am about to implement in the Team List "JBB - LRB2.0"

Barbarian (Human, Norse) 110K
5|5|2|9 Big Guy, Frenzy, Horns, Mighty Blow, Thick Skull, Wild Animal (GE,ST)

Machine (Dwarf) 160K
4|7|1|10 Break Tackle, Mighty Blow, Multiple Block, Stand Firm

Vampire (Undead) 160K
6|4|4|8 Hypnotic Gaze, Regeneration, Off for a Bite (GE,ST,AG)

Troll (Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Goblin, Orc) 100K
4|5|1|9 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regeneration, Throw Team Mate (GE,ST)

Treeman (Halfling, Wood Elf) 110K
2|6|1|10 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Thick Skull, Take Root, Throw Team Mate (GE,ST)

Rat Ogre (Skaven) 130K
6|5|3|8 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Prehensile Tail, Wild Animal (GE,ST)

Minotaur (Chaos, Chaos Dwarf) 110K
5|5|2|8 Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Horns, Thick Skull, Wild Animal (GE,ST,PH)

Kroxigor (Lizardmen) 130K
6|5|1|9 Big Guy, Bone Head, Mighty Blow, Prehensile Tail, Thick Skull, (GE,ST)

Ogre (Human, Norse) 120K
5|5|2|9 Big Guy, Bone Head, Throw Teammate Mighty Blow, Thick Skull (GE,ST)

I _think_ it would be necessary to meke it more clear that currently Star Players and Secret Weapons are not suppoerted by JBB. I'm confident I can implement "Stars w/o SW" in JBB, and the Team Roster Tool. Although i will need some assistance. "Star" is already supported by JBB; I would require a "Freebooted" Tag, that enables the Roster Tool to Auto-Remove Freeboters after the Game. Also, Ski, it would be extemely usefull to make a "Niggling Injuries" cloumn and a seperate "Status" column. "Dead" could be used to auto-remove, and so on.

OK, what about my Big Guy suggestion. Is this acceptable considering the limits of JBB (so far) ?

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Here we go again :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Toby, please go to fumbbl.com. Just play a few games before submitting ideas and making requests. Fumbbl handles niggles just fine, as well as MNG's, freebooters, death, etc. It is very handy. Maybe you could perhaps have a clearer direction on what you are asking.

That and by asking ski to change the code of how he reads/writes rosters you are also asking christer to change code in fumbbl.

Please, just give it a try, first.

Asperon Thorn

If you have I apologize, but I did a search for you on fumbbl and didn't find a toby.

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Toby

Post by Toby »

I understand fumbbl is automatisised;
Hovever, currently there is not a satisfing tool to create or edit rosters for JBB outside the fumbbl server-environment.

Have you tried http://www.pbembb.com/BBTeamCreator.ZIP yet ?

Goal is to create a "standalone" tool that updates rosters, without servers.
There is an .ini file coming along with it that defines what players u can buy and so on. It also shows availiable skills, have a look.

You start it, create a team save your roster.
You play Ball.
You update your roster via "reading-in" the results.html; thats the plan.

ZanzerTem
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Tampa, FL (I USED to be able to see Galak in the distance!)

Post by ZanzerTem »

Tell you what Toby:

Why not ask Ski if you can take his 1000's of hours and throw it all out the window because you are not satisfied.

Oh wait, you just did that :pissed:

If you don't like it, WRITE YOUR OWN DAMNED BLOODBOWL PROGRAM AND STOP HASSLING SKI!

You are like a child at christmas that opens a hundred dollar gift and says "Is that all? Waa!"

NAF # 581
Commish of the ABBL, Tampa Bay's premier BloodBowl League!
Toby

Post by Toby »

No No No. This is about a complementary programm to JBB.

Ist to be used 1. to create a team.
Then for the pre-match sequence;
Then you use JBB to play Blood Bowl Games
Post match sequence is handeled by the tool;

All Team management Options avaiable in JBB should be in the Tool.

This is not about hassling anyone; JBB is unbelievable! and its getting better with every release. Yust want to make sure that Ski is not running out of suggestions for new features.

I thing GW is acting immoral not paying that Guy ^^

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

christer wrote one called league manager he used to use if before fumbbl was automatic like i told you in another thread

i also told you someone else has enhanced it, and they use it for their own league

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

This is not about hassling anyone; JBB is unbelievable! and its getting better with every release.
For the record, I think everyone can agree with Toby on this one. There's a new one. :P
want to make sure that Ski is not running out of suggestions for new features.

No need to worry about that, I think.

Here's a suggestion, Toby. I think your idea of a standalone league application is a great one. In fact, it has been done. Leage Manager was the basis of FUMBBL Christer and Mr-Klipp automated it. It's a standalone Java program that you can use to create teams, leagues, divisions, and tournaments and then upload .res files from JBB to update team records, manage teams, and add skills. It's no longer under development and I can't find a link for you (perhaps someone can jump in with one, <hint hint>), but I happen to have a copy here. It's a little rough and it's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it will do everything that you asked for above.

Even more importantly, it should give you plenty of ideas if you feel inspired to write your own tool. I know that Christer released the source code so you can reuse some of that and trim it down to whatever you want. I personally prefer the automated PHP/MySQL approach, but not everyone has access to a server to host it on and a standalone app would be a huge boon for a number of small leagues.

Good luck. I'll jump in with any links I may find. Don't nag Ski.

{edit: found the link! http://trollcave.no-ip.org/LeagueManager/news.php }

Toby

Post by Toby »

http://www.pbembb.com/BBTeamCreator.ZIP

This is currently enhaced to match JBB.
Take a look.

This is what I'm talking about. I know christers League Manager but I thought he Quit ?

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by BadMrMojo »

".Exe's? .Exe's? We don't need no stinkin' .exe's!"

Did I mention that the aforementioned League Manager is Java and therefore cross-platform? We few, we happy few on non-windoze machines appreciate those little things. :lol:

Also, yes, it is no longer under development. That means he is not updating it anymore and isn't answering questions about it anymore. That doesn't mean that there is anything particularly wrong with it as it is.

Additionally, I am not saying that you must use LM right now and abandon your project. I am simply suggesting that you can take a look at either the program or the source code (if you're comfortable with Java) if you want to find out how to work around the issues that you are having. It's a pretty good idea, I think, since this is something that already does get around the issues that you are having.

{edit: oh, yeah. back on topic: Why take Physical Mutations away from the Mino and call it a barbarian? I like the idea for Norse, but adding it to Human? Not sure on that.
Also, how about giving the Death Roller a negative trait to accomodate the lack of a penalty roll. Bonehead or RS, maybe? OFAB isn't quite right and neither is Take Root. }

MattiasF

League manager

Post by MattiasF »

As Christer was so kind and release the source for Leuge Manager I hhave, with a few mods, managed to implement most, if not all, of the discussed functionality. And it's in Java.

Is anyone finds Leugemanager interesting, Im interesed in futher development. Where are several technical improvements that needs to be taken care of. Maybe tranform file-formats into XML, refactoring the code...

Im game, anyone else :)

BadMrMojo
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: League manager

Post by BadMrMojo »

MattiasF wrote:...
And it's in Java.
Woohoo!

I'm thoroughly useless as far as coding Java goes, but I'm more than happy to help you out with testing. Just send me an email, if you've got something. I was actually thinking that I'd love to try to make a 'canned' MySQL/PHP version in my spare time.

Now all I need is some spare time... sigh.

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Re: League manager

Post by christer »

MattiasF wrote:As Christer was so kind and release the source for Leuge Manager I hhave, with a few mods, managed to implement most, if not all, of the discussed functionality. And it's in Java.

Is anyone finds Leugemanager interesting, Im interesed in futher development. Where are several technical improvements that needs to be taken care of. Maybe tranform file-formats into XML, refactoring the code...

Im game, anyone else :)
Heh.. I didn't think anyone would be so mad as to take up the project.. The whole application is built on a "custom" database-like structure which is kinda bloated and odd.. :)

The reason I dropped the development was due to the amount of work it would take to go through and redesign things.. However, there are a couple of nice little algorithms in that code.. I'm sort of happy with the round-robin schedule generator code for instance.

Anyhow, I'm glad you found use for it :)

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Toby

Post by Toby »

"Off for a Bite"

I just saw this is supported by JBB already! The Vampire has been edited to have it now.

Ski, your Readme.TXT still lists multiple Block as "not completed". Just in case you forgot.

Can someone post the JBB "off for a bite" rules for me please?

SkiJunkie
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SkiJunkie »

Just fixed the readme.

OFAB uses the LRB rules except that if you are OFAB you are guaranteed to return the next drive.

I do have plans to put in the experimental rule for the new OFAB when I get the chance.

--SkiJunkie