file not found

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

file not found

Post by bj0rn »

pbem tool 2.3b

download > unzip (keeping directory structure) and double click the .exe file.

this loads up the profile screen where i can enter my name and choose to start a new game.

i click "start new game" and a dialog appears. i make no changes, click "apply theese settings" and get a "file not found" error...?

ive browsed for similar problems but no success there...does anybody know which file is missing, where i can find it or if anything else is causing me troubles?

bj0rn - ...

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Two problems that normally cause this:

1) You didn't unzip the zip file with the Use Folders option .. you should have an ini and an images subdirectory with files in them.

2) Check in the ini folder and make sure that there is a file called bbcards.ini ... if there is not, copy any of the bbcards.ini files and rename it to this.

Version 2.4 will be out in no more than 2 weeks.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I also get this error, so I always change the league setting to "LRB/REBBL" from "none".

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
bj0rn
Experienced
Experienced

Post by bj0rn »

ah! thats it...

there isnt a file called bbcards.ini, but there are files named bbcards_3e, ..._4e etc.

:)

so, suggestion for 2.4 > make the default LRB instead of none

bj0rn - thanks for a quick reply

Moonsong
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Moonsong »

Since we are talking about PBEM errors, does anybody know (Galak?) why my copy doesn't correctly read rosters made with TeamEditor? You know, the one wich keeps deleting all the team pictures tags?

Moonsong

[img]http://www.bluemax.com/animate/websitefAGIFdownloads/Flags/AllNations/G-N/italy_clr.gif[/img]NAF Italian Organiser
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Moonsong wrote:Since we are talking about PBEM errors, does anybody know (Galak?) why my copy doesn't correctly read rosters made with TeamEditor? You know, the one wich keeps deleting all the team pictures tags?

Moonsong
I highly recommend using Ronald's new HTML creator program to make your HTML rosters. After making them, you can do just about any editing you want with the new 2.4 version.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Does that mean when 2.4 is released I'll be able to update all my 1mil rosters I currently have into my teams I actually have running atm?

(Sorry if it's a stupid question)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson wrote:Does that mean when 2.4 is released I'll be able to update all my 1mil rosters I currently have into my teams I actually have running atm?

(Sorry if it's a stupid question)
ALMOST ... just have to program in the ability to throw bombs and it will be finished.

Galak

Xhilong
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xhilong »

You have to change the league setting. If you leave it at "none" you will get the error " File not Found". Yes I found this out th hard way :oops: