PBeM Team creator

However you play online - Java, Vassal, Email, Cyanide etc - talk about it here.
This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

PBeM Team creator

Post by Darkson »

If I want to make a new team using this:-

1) Do I write it out using notepad and add a new ini file, or do I need to add it to a current one?

2) Can I link to more than 1 picture file at once, or do I need to add the pictures to a new folder? (ie I want a creepers team - can I link to the skaven and goblin folders, or do i need to make a creepers folder?)

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Toby

Post by Toby »

Look in may topic. Its explained in detail.

Read carefully. Its simple to do, i covered every detail, but when you do it it comes naturaly. There is a new version of the team creator, get it om pbbem.com

Galak and Ronald are working on a new tool, that aloows to create eand edit both JBB and PBBEM teams

:D

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: PBeM Team creator

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:If I want to make a new team using this:-

1) Do I write it out using notepad and add a new ini file, or do I need to add it to a current one?

You can add it to the current ini file.
2) Can I link to more than 1 picture file at once, or do I need to add the pictures to a new folder? (ie I want a creepers team - can I link to the skaven and goblin folders, or do i need to make a creepers folder?)
You do not need to make a Creepers folder in fact I strongly recommend NOT doing so. You can reference the Goblin and Skaven folders. Make sure you install the BB Team Creator in the same directory as the PBeM tool exe to have the pictures added correctly.

Also Ronald JUST uploaded a new version of the BB Team Creator this morning that added in the ability to load in existing HTMLs and edit them. I'd download that first.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: PBeM Team creator

Post by Darkson »

Galak wrote:
Darkson wrote:2) Can I link to more than 1 picture file at once, or do I need to add the pictures to a new folder? (ie I want a creepers team - can I link to the skaven and goblin folders, or do i need to make a creepers folder?)
You do not need to make a Creepers folder in fact I strongly recommend NOT doing so. You can reference the Goblin and Skaven folders. Make sure you install the BB Team Creator in the same directory as the PBeM tool exe to have the pictures added correctly.

Also Ronald JUST uploaded a new version of the BB Team Creator this morning that added in the ability to load in existing HTMLs and edit them. I'd download that first.

Galak
Damn, bit late now. Oh well, I'll just remove it. How do I make the creator look in 2 picture folders then? Would it be "Pictures=Skaven;Goblin" or "Pictures=Skaven, Goblin" or something else, as I couldn't find another roster that looks into 2 files as reference.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I've added the following team list to the teams ini, but when I try to open it I get a " is not a valid integer value " error.

Code: Select all

[Race:Creepers]
12;Goblins;40;6;2;3;7;Dodge, Stunty;APF
2;Storm Vermin;90;7;3;3;8;Block;GSF
2;Thrower;70;7;3;3;7;Sure Hands, Pass;GPF
2;Linerat;50;7;3;3;7;;GF
Reroll=70
Apoth=Yes
Picture=Creepers

What have I done wrong?

P.S. This is with the new version.

P.P.S. I've tried changing the "Pictures=" to Skaven and Goblin and still get the same error.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Have to check it out.

Darkson ... you REALLY do not want to use a Creepers directory for the pictures ... none of your opponents will be able to see your team pictures for your team if you do.

Pick Goblins as the default directory and when you add pics to the team you just manually move over to the Skaven to get the rest.

I'll see if I can figure out why it doesn't work.

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep, tried changing it to Goblins, still get the same message.

Code: Select all

"is not a valid integer value

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

D'oh!!

Cue Blush mode.... :oops:

The problem was a simple one, as Ronald pointed out to me.

I missed the 's' off of Pictures :oops:

Still, I've got it sorted now, and now I realise what I did wrong, I'm up and running, and if I can work out (just! :lol: ) how to add teams, anyone should be able to.

Now just need to add them to the correct league ini. MBBL?