Sheffield 24 Hour event 8/9 November

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Sheffield 24 Hour event 8/9 November

Post by noodle »

The Sheffield 24 hour Blood Bowl tournament - held at Sheffield University Union (for charity) will now be held on the 8/9 Novemeber.

More details to follow

Reason: ''
http://www.geocities.com/noodle1978uk
NAF Member #2351
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Details of this (probably) NAF sanctioned event

24 Hour Blood Bowl Rules 8th/9th November 2003

Venue: University of Sheffield Union of Students
Western Bank
Sheffield
S10 2TG

Upper workspace Level 4 (union main entrance left upstairs) and rooms (To Be Decided).

Note between 6pm and 8:30am you will not be allowed to enter or re-enter the union building without a U-Card. Hopefully Security will accept an event ticket instead by the time of the event.

Time: Start 12pm 8th November. Finish 12pm 9th November.

Cost: £5 per person £4.50 of which will go to charity.

Teams Allowed: All Living rulebook teams (inc. Norse, Amazon, Lizardmen)

Rules: The rules will be pure Living Rulebook. No handicap.

Team Progression: Casualties will not carry over each match. After each game one skill may be given to one player. Each four games (4th, 8th etc) one player may receive a trait, or a second skill.
Teams will start with 1,100,000 GPs to build the team.

Minimum FF 1, maximum 9.

Format: The tournament is an OPEN format. It is up to coaches to arrange games against their opponents during the play-off period. The play-off period will be from 12pm Saturday to 3am Sunday. Teams will then put forward their best FIVE match results. The top eight will then be put into a random draw for quarter finals.

Coaches may challenge each other. A coach may challenge a team if he has not played them before in the tournament, and the team is not currently the subject or issuer of an outstanding challenge. All challenges must be honoured before the next game is played. You may only challenge while you are not in a game and you may only challenge someone not playing a game.

Each player must have their team sheet signed by the organiser.

The winner might even get a trophy!

Play-Off Points:

Both teams start with 30 points.
Win/lose: +10/-10
TDs for/TDs Against: +3 per/-3 per
Cas For/Cas Against: +1/-1 per
Max points per game: 50, Minimum: 10

Glittering Prizes: This is a budget competition but – Winner gets a trophy. Runner up, most casualties, most TDs, best sportsman, most wired coach, worst coach, best painted team.

What to bring: Your team (represented by distinguishable models at least), teamsheet, Blood Bowl board, dice, counters. (If there aren’t enough boards people will have to queue!)

Accommodation: The floor is quite comfortable in the Union….. THIS IS A 24 HOUR EVENT.

Outstanding issues: Date! Security! Allowing non U-Card holders in to the union! Space!

NAF Member #2351
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Sounds completely mad. Would it be possible if NAF coaches were there to get priority over non naf coaches in challenges, so we could bump our scores up (or down) in the NAF ranks?

noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Er probably - sounds like fun :)

So far I think 3 NAF coaches are coming - and I haven't publicised it yet!

I expect 20 or so non Naffers just from our society...

p.s. it is mad - and appears a little disaorganised, but hopefully it will all run smoothly!

I *really* need to sort out a venue and quick - or we'll all be playing in the lounge like last time - hardcore! :lol:

I won last time too :D

NAF Member #2351
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Rules are sorted and on our website.

Venue is sorted too (phew)

NAF Member #2351
noodle
Star Player
Star Player

Post by noodle »

Well, NAF sanctioned - one NAF member turned up - me :roll:

However we did managed to get 13 attendees, and at least three are interested (in theory) in the NAF *because* it was sanctioned...

"what is the NAF?"

"What is ranking?"

"You have a positive ranking? Really?"

etc etc...

In any case by 1:30 am the field had been reduced to 7 valiant players, and I had lost 5 out of 6 games, and surprisingly not qualified!

The semis were incredibly tense, though in the skaven vs. wood elf game there was farce as both players forgot what half it was and nearly played 3 halves! Then after taking a casualty the skaven forgot to bring on their reserves...

The other semi was a slugging match where Dave Bone's orcs over came the favourites to get a sniff of victory! Unsurprisingly the skaven then defeated the orcs thanks largely to great rolling and sweltering heat! The fact that it was 4:30am didn't help! It was 3-2 with no orc turns left but the orcs nearly equalised on a blitz! Now how's that then?

:D Well it *is* possible. The orcs got a blitz and kicked the ball into the end zone... They then threw a goblin... who didn't land (ah...)

Game ended 3-2 at 6am - some then continued to play games well into the morning.... I went to bed!

Full results:

http://usitweb.shef.ac.uk/~wargamessoc/ ... 24hour.htm

NAF Member #2351