Underworld Cup, Ann Arbor MI USA, 15-16 November 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Underworld Cup, Ann Arbor MI USA, 15-16 November 2003

Post by neoliminal »

Underworld Cup
Ann Arbor MI, 15-16 November 2003

WARNING THE PREVIOUS DATES WERE WRONG!
This event will be held Saturday and Sunday.

The second annual Underworld Cup will be held in Ann Arbor MI, USA. This year will be even better than last year with more coaches and more prizes! Don't forget, this is going to be NAF sanctioned!

If you came last year, please post you comments below to let people know what it was like!

Reason: ''
[b]NAF Founder[/b]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The event was a lot of fun.

Have to admit that I enjoyed the Formula DE and having dinner both nights more than the game just because I made the mistake of using the cursed black block dice for that tournament and I couldn't roll a Pow or Pow/Dodge to save my life.

A good group of guys.

Galak

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

What are the rules for the tourney going to be? Stars? Skill progersion?
and how many games?

ImageImage
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Xtreme wrote:What are the rules for the tourney going to be? Stars? Skill progersion?
and how many games?
I'll post these up soon.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

neoliminal wrote:
Xtreme wrote:What are the rules for the tourney going to be? Stars? Skill progersion?
and how many games?
I'll post these up soon.
I keep begging John to use the GenCon rules for Star Players so I can bring Deeproot ... but whatever the tournament ... I'm looking forward to playing again.

Galak

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Hell YEAH! I will be there again and I'll be bringing my posse of Canadians with me! Besides, Tom will need some people to help carry all his stuff.

I will be going with ever evolving tourney system used at GenCon for Orion this year. Although it won't be called Orion anymore since we are gonna host it on our own. But this thread is about UCon so I'll shut up now!

See you at the Red Roof, and no one is sleeping on my floor this year! :P

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Anthony_TBBF wrote:See you at the Red Roof, and no one is sleeping on my floor this year! :P
Aww now where am I going to sleep ;>

I'm in for sure. Anthony shall we work out the same travel arrangments as we did last year?

Tom if you want to split a room again I'm game.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Anthony_TBBF wrote:Besides, Tom will need some people to help carry all his stuff.
That's one favor I'm not calling in again. Maybe I'll show it off at next year's GenCon Bowl (I have a two wheel cart now for such things), but the Dungeonbowl board is staying home this year.

And Brian/CyberHare ... sorry. Xtreme and I are going to carpool up to the tournament and split a room this year. Sorry mate.

Galak ... who is now going back to bugging JKL for a decision on the Flings .... (3 major rule changes are planned for discussion for the Flings for this year's BBRC review ... the answer to those 3 questions for this tournament (along with the Deeproot question (ie the 4th ?)) will decide if its Halflings or Lizardmen for me this year ... I'd love to bring a Fling team ... but I want to have some fun instead of getting impaled every game ... :lol:

Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

I'm going to be there, and I'm also going to be gauging interest in a January Michigan tourney. The date is already set, I just need to get a clearer view of how many folk to count on.

I won't be deciding on what to use 'til I get there, though. I'm strongly tempted to go Norse 'cause they're the nicest looking team I have access to.

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Brian - sounds good. I can probably drive this year as well (got a new car recently).

tinywv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tinywv »

Where can I get info on this? I'd be interested in a trip to Mich.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be - Douglas Adams

NAF # 2203
Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

There's no info quite yet, but basically it's a tourney run at the UCon convention in Ann Arbor Michigan. Last year it was 2 days, 2 games per day with rules similar to GenCon.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

UCon web page is:

http://www.ucon-gaming.org/

I took JKL's scoring system (including sportsmanship and painting) and modified it for GenCon and next year I'll tweak it one last time (after seeing how it worked with the real data). So the scoring you should be familiar with.

I don't remember the point system anymore that John sent me, but it all basically the same.

The other difference from GenCon was that it had no wizards and no stars.

Galak

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Anthony_TBBF wrote:There's no info quite yet, but basically it's a tourney run at the UCon convention in Ann Arbor Michigan. Last year it was 2 days, 2 games per day with rules similar to GenCon.
Anthony ... why am I convinced that we played 4 games that first day? I just seem to remember being entirely burnt out after that first day and thinking that next year we shouldn't try to do more than 3.

Is that just my memory being shot? Could be. I played a 3 hour game at one point (45 minutes my side, 2 hours 15 minutes opponents side) and that burned me out completely, so that could be skewing my view. John if I play that guy from your league I'm using a timer on him ... sportsmanship be d*mned.

Galak

Cervidal
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Cervidal »

Yikes! It sounds like you were playing against Greg. He's usually the one that took the longest. Sadly, he moved away. The Ann Arbor side of the OBL is hurtin' for players right now.