European Tournament for teams

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

European Tournament for teams

Post by Princelucianus »

Instead of making remarks about which dwarfnation you'll be representing :lol: , I will try to make this the thread with options and suggestions.

1st:. I recommend Amsterdam as playing area and november as the month to play.
2nd: If possible, teams of 8 people would be great. We could reduce it or use Dutch (or other nation) players to complete a players lacking team.
3rd: The chess scoring system which we used in the A'dam-Utrecht clash was very exciting. I hope we can use that as well for this one.
4th: Depends on the amount of teams, but I have a place where we can play with 6 teams of 8 players. So 48 people can play.
5th: other suggestions?

Lucy
:smoking:

Reason: ''
RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

If teams of 8 players gives trouble, we could cut it down to 6 players per team.

sounds very exciting, and I hope to be part of it!

A vs U was really good!

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

no don't cut it to six, than I have no chance of competing for holland :cry:

but seriously i think 8 is a good number of players

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

I think 8 is very unrealistic.. easy for us, but difficult for UK, Spain etc...

teams of 4 would make more sense then if more coaches can come you field a Country A and Country B team...

I still won't make any team though :cry:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Do we really want to play that competitive that people only make it into teams if they are really good, no matter what bastards they are?

Fun and good atmosphere is more important (I think) than winning.
(So, now we Dutchies are covered in, in case we loose to the Germans again :wink: )

R

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I can live with teams of 4 players, but would rather enjoy 6 and totally prefer 8.
With teams of 4 players, it might be that 6 teams of Dutch players arrive. Teams of 6 players would be better and more easily achievable.
I think it's better to have a look how others manage. The Belgians should be able to field 6-8 players and I do think the Germans should be able to do that to.

My team would be:
Redfang, Grotemuis, Dave, Coen, Madhobbit, Niels, Norse, Lucy.

Simply because of TBB status and BB contribution.

Lucy

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

We could easily get 8 Germans together if we play in Germany, but getting 8 people to 'dam could be quite difficult (it's a matter of money mostly). So i'd prefer 4 player teams and a max. of 2 teams per country. I'd also say that you can bring a reserve, so if 5,6 or even 10 (2x 5) players from a country want to play, you could have a 1 or 2 sitting out per round (and annoying other players with stupid remarks :) ).

But let's try: who want's to go for Germany, i do!

PS. WooHoo, i'm a Hall of Famer!

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Norse wrote: I still won't make any team though :cry:
If we're going with 4 then we need two more to represent Scotland...I'll even come in my kilt.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

thank you for all the honour of putting me in your list. :)

I too think teams of eight are preferred. But we'll have to see what is manageable

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Redfang
Legend
Legend

Post by Redfang »

Thads, you don't need a Kilt, Dutch sheep are not (yet) used to the sound of a zipper!

R :D

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

Is it planned that every country / team is represented by one bloodbowl-Race ? Or did I misunderstood anything wrong ?

The coach who recently won the inofficial 'most sexy male performer' award
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

Relborn wrote: Or did I misunderstood anything wrong ?
yep

marvin
Redfang
Legend
Legend

Post by Redfang »

You misunderstood completely :D

What we did do at the A'dam vs Utrecht tournament, however, is limit every BB race to occur only once per Team (so there was only one Utrecht-Undead team, one A'dam-Undead team, one Utrecht-Dwarf etc)

R

Dan kon ik samen spelen.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

No BB race, but it would be funny if a team has several different races. Not one team with 2 Skaven, 2 woodelf, 2 lizardmen en 2 chaos dwarves.

Lucy

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

sounds good to me ... :D

The coach who recently won the inofficial 'most sexy male performer' award