Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post by Nippy Longskar »

After the warm reception (ho ho) that the debut outing received, I'm pleased to announce that the first weekend of December 2009 will see the return of Flame Bowl, once again hosted at New Century House, in Manchester City Centre.

But it's freezing!

Hush you. That was all a misunderstanding. This year will be lovely and warm, I promise.

OK, so what's it all about?

Brought to you by freakish mutant bloodbowling entity that is Flame On, The Flame Bowl II will once again be a two day, team based affair with teams of 4 battling it out for the title, currently held by the infamous Team Paincake, "the Nicest team in the World" (tm)

Team Based? But I've no friends!

Ideally I will be looking for people to enter in teams of 4 - however, don't worry if you can't quite manage this, just let me know that you're interested in forming/joining a team (there'll be a separate 'Teammates' thread in Tournament Discussions) and we can sort it all out from there!
Everyone will be playing as individuals for the first 3 games on day one, then on day two, the 4-strong teams will be paired off according to overall performance.

Still a Good Excuse!

The other important thing to know is the event is going to be a charity fundraiser for Cancer Research UK. In conjunction with my work, who have promised to add £400 to the total if we can contribute at least that much, I'm hoping to beat last year's total of £1060 raised for this excellent cause - and still have a bit spare for some pretty nifty prizes, too.

So what can I win?

Prizes will include spot prizes each round, Flame Bowl Dugouts, Flame Bowl Pitches for the winning team and a fully painted team for the overall winner. Oh, and the Stunty Cup, of course.

Rules 'n Whatnot

Rulespack can be found here:

http://www.enos.ltd.uk/BBFiles.htm

Tickets

The Ticket price will be :

£20 NAF members

£25 Non NAF

If you wish to pay by Paypal, please make payment to:

flamebowl@hotmail.com

Please include your name and NAF number when paying.

Alternatively if you wish to pay by cheque please PM me and I'll let you know the address to send it to.

If you have a team of 4 interested then let me know on this thread and I'll update the list of teams. If there's 1, 2 or 3 of you then pop a post up on the Flame Bowl Teammates thread in Tournament Discussions and we'll get it sorted.

The Teams So Far

1) Brutal Deluxe
Leipziger Paid
NorthernKnight
Beanbag
Fireolli Paid

2) Flame On Team B
Barney the Lurker
Sizzling Gromril Paid
Ninjahamster
Zoglug

3) White Isle Wanderers
PeteW Paid
SillySod
Piggy
Pgoo Paid

4) Team Paincake
Joemanji Paid
Jimany Paid
Polar Bear
Ironick Paid

5) Devil's Rim Raiders
Wightlord Paid
Shanie Paid
Wormy Paid
Jgrsound Paid

6) Porritt's PooPoo Platoon
Lucifer
WiburS Paid
Mippin
Pug Paid

7) Flame On Team C
Nethrag
Meena
Jimbo
Vodrake

8) Howay the Lads!
Stick
Lycos
Don Vito
Fraser

9) Merc Team?
Martel
Russell
Darren
Jordell/Nippy

Bring it on!

Reason: ''
That's huge
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Flame Bowl II for Cancer Research 5th-6th December 2009

Post by Joemanji »

Nippy Longskar wrote:Team Paincake, "the Nicest team in the World" (tm)
Not any more! :wink:
Leipziger wrote:Newsflash

Team Paincake have poached star player, Joemanji, from Brutal Deluxe. There had been talk in the press all Summer long that fans' favourite Joemanji would be moving on to a bigger club, but it seemed like that speculation had been quashed when a new 1 year contract was signed to see him stay on until the end of this year's tournament. However, it was not to be and apparently there was a get out clause which sees him move to Paincake on a free.

When pressed for comment, Joemanji said, "I have always played my heart out for Brutal Deluxe and I loved my time here and the fans. However, I have always been a fan of Team Paincake and moving to them fulfills a childhood dream for me. I am sure the fans will respect my decision".

Brutal Deluxe wish to put on record their thanks for Joe's mighty contribution to keeping us above Flame On B in the Wooden Spoon stakes last year. However, Joe's exit does mean that the opportunity is there for someone to come and fill his boots on the squad. Playing talent is not an issue, of course. You can be an enthusiastic amateur or a seasoned pro looking to feast on the #1 in some weaker teams. Applications can be made here or via pm. First come, first served ;)
Btw, this has to be the best tournament posting for a while. Nice presentation!

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Can I make a suggestion (plea) to either really ramp up the cost of stat increases or my preference to remove them as an option entirely. Or maybe just allow them on linemen (though a ST4 and a AG4 beastmen would be horrible)

ST4 wardancers are quite frankly broken in a format like this unless you get a lucky early injury on them.

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Grumbledook wrote:Can I make a suggestion (plea) to either really ramp up the cost of stat increases or my preference to remove them as an option entirely. Or maybe just allow them on linemen (though a ST4 and a AG4 beastmen would be horrible)

ST4 wardancers are quite frankly broken in a format like this unless you get a lucky early injury on them.
This is going to be one of the main changes from last year. Thanks for the input!

That's huge
mubo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mubo »

I'm in!
Joemanji was brought in by the paincake management as a replacement for the maverick but undoubtably talented SillySod after he defected...
Paincake will be, Joemanji, Jimany, Mr P. Bear and myself.

I have no issues with Flamebowl dice!
Will there be cake this year?

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

We kicked sillysod out, he claims he defected. Now he's going to play with his clay-court-bloodbowl-computer-nerd friends. :D

Looking forward to this immensely mark. Last year was a right blast, the team aspect was super fun and the £1000 that went to charity all made us warm inside, which was a good job considering the heating and the awful cold that was going around.

I have the con.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Indeed if I can make it back up I'm wearing more clothes and I hope shaney does as well

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I'd love to say I'm interested, but the chances of me getting a weekend off in December are extremely slim.

Best of luck with the total though.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

Hi Nippy. Fireolli is now on team Brutal Deluxe :) If Northernknight is unable to make it, then Gorgoroth is next in line.

Good to see the official post up :)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

mumbojumboist wrote: Will there be cake this year?

Me and Sarah are happy to do cakes again Nippy, if you'd like :)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

FFS nipples, this is the ONLY weekend in the year I can't go to a tourny (Anniversary). Hold it a week earlier next year (If you do I promise to take vamps)

Mr 1-in-20
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Jimjimjimany wrote:We kicked sillysod out, he claims he defected. Now he's going to play with his clay-court-bloodbowl-computer-nerd friends. :D
Seriously, you can have him back if we can coax out a fourth nerd....

Kidding sod, kidding... ;)

Sizzler
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Sizzler »

Wooooo!

Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

@ Ironjaw

Really sorry mate, will bear this in mind for next year.

@ Alex

Cakes would be hugely appreciated!

@ Grom

I've just finished the rulespack, so hopefully will have it up here very soon.

Could I request a sticky on this thread please?

That's huge
Nippy Longskar
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Nippy Longskar »

Rules pack now available:

http://www.enos.ltd.uk/BBFiles.htm

That's huge