Death Bowl 2003 - Tomorrow's the day

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Grumbledook wrote:its not the cash value thats the issue its the fact i want one of those minis and if i had known in advance i could have probably gone out to canada and gotten one
Well there's still time to jump on a plane :) Remember that the UK pound is worth about $2.30 here so any expenses here would be a joke. I'm half serious when I say it's not too late. There's plenty of space for more people at the tournament. Heck I'd even give you my gutter runner as a bonus.

I am quite sorry for letting everyone know at the last minute (this is the last time I apologise for that) I really am. Trust me had I known earlier I would have posted it everywhere I could :) I just didn't know.

At any rate if anyone else does want to come there is plenty of room for everyone.

Reason: ''
Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

Probably more like $2.50 per pound, Brian... And just for comparison, when I was in England a fast food meal was 5 pounds, and its $5 here! :o

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

but i am already going to spiky :p

i can't really afford it this short notice to fly to canada and i got a job interview on friday

just pretend i was there and send me one ;]

i'll even pay for the entry fee and the postage

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Melifaxis wrote:
Xtreme wrote:Just wish I had the money to go to the DB.
$98 USD Busfare
$69 Canadian Hotel (less if you split a room)
$35 Canadian Tournament Fees (includes 2 lunches)
$100 Canadian Spending Cash
------
<$200 USD

Ressurection Gutterrunner, playing in a fantastic tournament, being the 3rd US player to attend...priceless 8)

Tempted?
I would be but I have already planned on going to the Underworld Cup and can't swing 2 tourney in 2 months, and if I could I would ahve to get past the wife as well.

ImageImage
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Twist wrote: I'd rather be talking about how I'm going to make Mel's Chaos Dwarfs look like pylons! I'll run by you so fast, your hats will spin!!! :lol:
I believe the phrase I'm looking for is...

BRING IT!!! :P

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Xtreme wrote: I would have to get past the wife as well.
That's the real hard part :D

This will be the first time I have been away since my son was born. My wife is a saint for letting me go, but I sure wish they could have tagged along...

NAF Rankings
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

The wife, I'm sooo lucky to be married to my wife because there arn't many women who would put up with the amount of BB stuff I do. She'll even be at the event this weekend acting as one of the hostesses. Hmm I guess I had better get her a nice gift as a thank-you. Maybe a new Zara fig.... :lol:

Brian St.James

Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

Its my sisters birthday on Saturday... Its a good thing I'm getting her loaded tonight. :)

Since this may be the last message I post before the big event, DON"T FORGET an extra few figs for wheeling and dealing! Hey Mel, you don't have to bring 20lbs of metal or anything...

See you all there! Wish me luck on finishing my painting after a night at a club! :lol:

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Twist wrote:Its my sisters birthday on Saturday... Its a good thing I'm getting her loaded tonight. :)

Since this may be the last message I post before the big event, DON"T FORGET an extra few figs for wheeling and dealing! Hey Mel, you don't have to bring 20lbs of metal or anything...

See you all there! Wish me luck on finishing my painting after a night at a club! :lol:
Happy Birthday to her!

If it doesn't fit in my miniature case it isnt coming with me :D

Can't wait to see how THOSE figs come out :lol:

NAF Rankings
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Hey all this will probably be my last post until after the tournament so I'll bring you al up to date as to the news I have now.

- Andy has arrived safe and sound.

- Two of the hostesses that were supposed to be at the event have dropped out so there will only be one hostess now (sorry Mel :) )

- There are now over 20 prizes to give away! Not to mention the Gutter Runner, Metal Ball, and door prize fig that everyone is going to get.
The prizes are...
  • An autographed complete game of Blood Bowl
    An autugraphed 2003 Blood Bowl Annual
    A team carrying case
    A Shadowforge Elf team
    A Shadowforge Nun team
    A GW New Elf team
    A GW Vampire team
    A GW Necromatic team
    A set of Phils Phigs Valkyries
    5 Blood Bowl mag 10's
    A pack of loose metal New Elves (14 figs)
    3 Blister packs, Ramtut III, Zara the Slayer, Trophy pack
    1 loose metal Dwarf Star Player with chainsaw
    1 loose metal Dwarf Star Player carrying a ball
    3 loose metal elves (was supposed to be the new Lucien Swift but may never be produced)
- Andy has brought with him a whole case of Pro painted figs. A number of which have never been seen before(such as some undead cheerleaders and the new minotaur) and some famous figs (such as the figs used for the pictures on the goblin star player cards.

Well that's about it for now. I hope to see a lot of you there. If you can't make it this year :( there's always next year :wink:

Brian St.James

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

there's always next year
hopefully I will be able to make it next year sounds like it will be great.
1 loose metal Dwarf Star Player carrying a ball
3 loose metal elves (was supposed to be the new Lucien Swift but may never be produced)
Can someone get some pics of these? Just curious about them, though I'm sure Cyberhare will just thought I would ask.

ImageImage
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

lol...

Zombie won the Death Bowl :D

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Indigo wrote:lol...

Zombie won the Death Bowl :D
Cool! What team did he use?

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

well he always came across as an orc or chaos dwarf player so i guess one of those but you never know ;]

ben

Post by ben »

He used a Norse team. It was a strange game, all i have to say is that there was myself and two fellow tbbf'rs for the final 4 and not only did zombie win but we helped him score. Not to take anything away from Zombie, he's a really good player. It was just a really weird game and outcome. i'm sure you will all hear about it soon. Oh and one more thing before i forget, It was a kick A$$ tournament. Brian did a great job!

Peace out.