European Tournament for teams

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Just a suggestion with some hindsight;

I would advise next year's organising committee (ie Ze Germans) to make a "within squad ranking for each player" before each round and then to match, for instance when Holland plays France, the best in the Dutch team vs the best in the French team, the second-best in the Dutch team against the second-best in the French team etc. This will make the individual matches more even (probably) and might therefore make the entire tournament even more enjoyable for all...

R

Reason: ''
Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Tom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tom »

Norse wrote:Only +8?? :lol:

Amateur! :wink: He didn't have a dirty player then... :lol:
Well, I think it was Round 5, and I guess, that at that time, he had 4 Piling On Blitzers ... ;)

Inactive Coach in the MBBL
Ex-Coach in the dead MBBL2, PBEMBBL, CSBBL, PDHBBL, RABBL, REBBL Challenge and Dwarf

Proud Ex-Member of the German National Team.
Vice European Team Champion 2003 and 2004.

Ex-NAF ID 2973, also known as tfritz.
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

About this years tourney....

I miss 10 NAF result sheets. I'll post them in 8 hours. I give those concerned a week to send their results. Then I will fill in the results with or without their results.
For new NAF members, the dice are leaving my house this evening.

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Great !!

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

Princelucianus wrote:

Lucy

YEEEAAAAAHH !!!!!!!!!1
OK !!
Great !!
Very quick !!

Thnks Andre !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
grotemuis
Super Star
Super Star

Post by grotemuis »

so here's my game report:
first off my opponents were all very good sports and I had a lot of fun
I played my children of hashut (chaos dwarfs) for their first tournament.
line up: 2 bull centaurs, 6 chaos dwarf blockers, 4 hobgob's, 3 re-rolls and a ff of 1.

First match was against obeliz's fan club team (orcs)
After five turns there were three orcs left on the pitch. This was a big factor in me winning the game 3-0.
seriously obeliz couldn't do anything to stop me after all the knock outs and casualties, so not much to say here.
I took sure hands on a hobgob

2nd match was against the crookback dwellers (martijn samaey' skaven)
I couldn't roll above 6 on the armour rolls, except for the fourth turn of the second half. The score was 1-1 then and it was a close match. I received in the second half and in that faithfull two turns managed to knock out four players. It was over after that. It did feature my most beautifull touchdown of the tournament. My hobgob dodged, made a dodge between to players and made a hand off to a bull centaur who scored.
end result 2-1
I took block tackle on a bull centaur

3rd match against Doris demolition team (joker's undead)
This was a very cool match-up, it was the third tournament in a row joker and I played against each other. The other games were orcs against orcs, now chaos dwarves against undead. Promissed to be a real thriller, weren't it for the fact that joker couldn't throw a 3+ if his life depended on it. Coupled with the fact that his piling on mummy went down in the first half and got injured, made it a game that joker doesn't want to remember.
overall score 2-0
I took guard on a blocker

fourth match against the alaotic rangers (nicolas Ancel's high elves)
I chose to kick. My opponent scored a touchdown in two turns, which left me a bit tongue tied. I scored at the end of the first half (last turn). Due to excessive use of blocking and fouling there were no elves left to stop me scoring the 2-1 (sixth turn in the second half, no high elf players left on the field!).
I took guard on a blocker

fifth game against tilean maffia (red_orc's humans)
I chose to kick. The most notable action of the game was a hand off to a bull centaur which, with the ball would be uncatchable. Hand failed, re-roll, fail. Ball scatters, towards side line, lands on prone player there, scatters off the side line. roll for throw in, towards my end zone, lands 3 squares from my end zone. Almost next to a prone human blitzer, who now only needed a three plus to score! He failed and I scored two turns after that. The entire second half was a scramble for the ball, with no players able to get the ball safe.
end score 1-0

so in the end five wins, with a net touchdown rate off +8 (10 for-2 against)
This was only one touchdown behind the winner (11-2) and the runner-up (11-4)! So i'm very pleased with such a great result for my first tournament with chaos dwarfs!

and with one sigh he managed to expres his total hatred for everything that's mankind
marvin
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Players who owe me their NAF sheets:

Joker
Diogen
Amaranth
Fondu 77
Maitre tac-tac
Rootsman
Zodiac
Captain Marchi
Sir Jacks
Doc Tito
Fireballs

I would like to get them in a week. Otherwise I will put the matches online without the games between you and another of those of this list.....

Lucy

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Oki, i'll contact Joker, Amaranth, Fondu 77, Maitre tac-tac, Rootsman and
Sir Jacks.

Next time I win !!!
Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Captain Marchi was the guy who came with us, but wasn't playing... so that's natural that you don't have his NAF sheet ;)

He joined the NAF, but still hasn't ever played a NAF match ;)

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy
zboub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zboub »

Captain Marchi was the guy who came with us, but wasn't playing... so that's natural that you don't have his NAF sheet
yeah!! i remember him!! Maybe his first naf match in paris??

Zboub gets the ref mon pote!!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i have the one of Amaranth and i have already joined Ro_0tsman for his one.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Redfang wrote:Just a suggestion with some hindsight;

I would advise next year's organising committee (ie Ze Germans) to make a "within squad ranking for each player" before each round and then to match, for instance when Holland plays France, the best in the Dutch team vs the best in the French team, the second-best in the Dutch team against the second-best in the French team etc. This will make the individual matches more even (probably) and might therefore make the entire tournament even more enjoyable for all...

R
I think I actually prefer the randomness.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Aramil wrote:Captain Marchi was the guy who came with us, but wasn't playing... so that's natural that you don't have his NAF sheet ;)

He joined the NAF, but still hasn't ever played a NAF match ;)
I forgot there was one who hadn't played yet....
Any other Italians coach?

Lucy

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Dave wrote:
Redfang wrote:Just a suggestion with some hindsight;

R
I think I actually prefer the randomness.
Why? There already was a list of personal positions after each round, so there is no extra computing in that, and it (theoretically) makes all games more even and enjoyable.

I was having a very bad tournament and then on day 2 I got up against the guys ending up no 10 and no 13. Not very even, as was clearly proven during those games... At the same time I hear certain team mates remarking how much bad luck their opponent had or how he just wasn't on the same level.

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

I think Redfang's idea is a good one. Sometimes the randomness is nice, but sometimes it pairs up coaches that are not on the same level, possibly making games boring for both sides.

Shouldn't be too difficult to implement for next year.

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup