European Tournament for teams

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tom »

Norse wrote:Norse will not be there though.... he will be at home dying his hair orange... :D
Liar! Your Hair was not orange! :P

Reason: ''
Inactive Coach in the MBBL
Ex-Coach in the dead MBBL2, PBEMBBL, CSBBL, PDHBBL, RABBL, REBBL Challenge and Dwarf

Proud Ex-Member of the German National Team.
Vice European Team Champion 2003 and 2004.

Ex-NAF ID 2973, also known as tfritz.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

and now the report.

First of all: BIG HANDS UP FOR LUCY AND REDFANG FOR THE ORGANISATION (sorry, I had to shout)

second: I had a great weekend meeting all you lot from the board.

third, my matches, I played my Norse team, Fear Ye No Ordeal, with 4 Blitzers, 2 Catchers, 6 Lino's 3 RR and 2 FF.

first match .. Spain .. oh my god ... the Team captain Lupus .. but he plays skaven, that's OK (4 GR, 2 SV, 1 TH, RO and lino's, 1 RR)

The match started off, I recieved but blocked really zip with bad armour rolls on my side. Next turn I still can't injure any rats and he then manages a Double Skull .. AV10, Inj10, now we can play.
I scored in turn 5 (far too quick) he returned but I managed a 2-1 lead after pushing back my own player into a scoring position, needing a RR to get the squares full. pick up, hand off, short pass, GFI 2x and TD!!
In the second half he had about 5 players left so I managed another TD and the tournament started off pretty well.

second match .. Belgium, Patrick .. hmm, dunno what to think .. Chaos Dwarves .. oh F###!!. (2BC, 6CD, 4HG, some FF and RR)

He recieved and I hate when that happens. After 3 turns I force him to make a mistake, the ball Hob is clear. Blitz, Pow, Ball out of bounds, pick up, score in turn 7, riot, very good. On the table next to me Bluedevil was killing halflings with the funniest treemen I ever saw .. made of Lego .. don't even ask about the song the coach sang when Coen didn't brake armour ... :lol:
Second half, I recieve and set up slightly to the left.. the ball goes into the right corner next to the LOS. I manage to get some players in good positions but I am at least a bit out off position. I knock off a hob and CD but struggle to get the ball running. He even managed to get hold of it but again I retrieve it, build a not-too-solid-cage and after he 'both downs' a blitz with his BC I can finally run off for the turn 8 TD. (again no stalling involved) .. hmm, won again, only need one more victory to reach the goal I set .. 3 points for the Orange Squad.

Third match .. France I .. cool .. Longshot .. cool. I beat longshot in the pub the previous night (revenge match for the Dutch Open) and he had lost his previous games against Tim and ?? (2 WD, 1 Cat, 8 Lino, 2 RR)

He recieved and scored in turn 4, funny thing was that I fouled his catcher, didn't injure it and he kills her himself after snake eyeing a dodge ...
I couldn't get through for an equalizer so troubles for the 2nd half .. only there were four Welfs on the pitch :D
Second half was not a formality as he allmost managed to hold off my 2nd TD had he not fumbled a pass into no mans land. I shook off the wardancer and managed a win again, with 5 Welfs KO and 4 Injured (one by that dodge)

A tight match though the amount of Blue players on the pitch might point into a different direction. Longshot took it as a man .

Fourth match, France 'B' .. Dark elves by Pedro .. hmm AV8 (2 Bli, 1 WE, 1 TH, 7 Lino)

He managed to break through (I hate frenzy :wink: ) and I scored in turn 8. I did not manage to injure any players even though I had taken PO on a blitzer .. he usually rolled 5 for AV :evil: )
2nd half I get my team rolling past a sideline an I have an easy TD after 5 turns 'cuz he failed to knock down my ball carrier. That action left 3 players elegible for a place in the stands. The Delfs didn't prove popular as one Blitzer and a Lino got injured.
The quick TD gave Pedro time to score and he tried in a very manfull way. Maybe he should have waited with the pass though, and the then ball carrying blitzer was knocked down. I didn't really want to take any big risks by trying to score again or even picking up the ball after he managed somehow to blitz my catcher .. The 8th turn saw him only just fail a desperate attempt at a TD. He pushed a player onto the ball that scatterd out of the cage into a place covered by two TZ's. he dodget out safe for the pass action into the waiting hands of the previously downed blitzer but (luckily) failed the pick up ..

A very tense match against a very nice and good opponent. (and the 4th victory, only 6 players had won all matches up to this point, Redfang being the other Dutch player) lost my Range ruler somehow ...

Match five, hoping for Germany but getting Italy, Farina, the great unknowns. We needed a very, VERY solid team victory as my teammates had left Grotemuis and Me in the cold after having been pasted onto their respective BB pitches by France II. I had to play dwarves (F### again!!) and the funny bit was that my opponend proved to be playing 3rd ed. Very nice when having Frenzy and PO in your team... (follow up after a pow ?? why .. PO after AV roll ?? why

First turn .. blitzer blocks, opponent down, 10, 10 -> off, next block, blitzer blocks, opponent down, 11, 12 -> off :o That was more than I ever expected. I really hateplaying dwarves but when I managed to kick off another one things looked bright. I scored little too quickly (AGAIN :evil: ) but held him off easily.

In the second half I made one really bad move. He tried to break through on the left and when I plugged the gap and surrounded his cage I chose to bring one player into the back of the cage needing a GFI .. 1 RR 1.. forgetting to move my blitzer over. This meant that he couldn't prevent the TD in turn 3. He didn't want to score but he coudn't do anything else. (solid defence that was)

I recieved and attacked the right hand side of the pitch .. It took me 4 turns to break through and he managed to pin me 7 squares from the End Zone. He had bad luck with a dodge needed to set a blitzer in a really annoying position and I had 2 or three dice rolls to make .. 1 (or 2) blocks desperately needing a puch bak and a GFI. I passed this stress test and won again!

A very good opponent that could do very well should he decide to visit the BB or something!!!

In the end we managed 3rd place with me and Grotemuis taking place 2 and three for best performance. I'm pretty happy with that and I even recieved a yet unreleased knify elf for five BIG FUN and mostly rather tense matches...

All in all the level was quite high. Spain dissapointed at least a bit. Met tons of new faces and soem I had seen on previous occasions.

Something has to be written about some Netherlands specific problem. Last may we held the Ramstel Cup, a clash between members of the Amsterdam (ABBA) and Utrecht (BUBBLE) leagues. Our squad was made up out of these leagues, with the addition of madhobbit. The ABBA members let us down to say the least. :wink: with the three of them (Lucy, Norse and Niels) they collected a measly 5 points out of the 22 we earned in total. I, and more people with me, think that next year the ABBA should be suspended from any dutch team going to the Eurobowl. :P (apart from Norse obviously, we need someone to win the Painting Prize don't we :wink: :wink: :-? :P )

runs off while norse starts to shout nasty things :wink:

Tom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tom »

Princelucianus wrote:Which finally means that they got the title and the prizes but Germany has to organise it next year. I hoped it didn't have to be like this, but the unthinkable happened :cry:
Dunno who, but I think it was N-Key, who made the suggestion, to perhaps do it the following way next time.

If a Country let's 2 Teams play, at the end the points of both teams will be added together, and then divided by 2, to decide the final ranking score of that team. And if they then still have more points than the second, they do in fact really win. Tho I don't think, that this will happen ;)
But I guess, that this is more fair towards the other countries.

Btw. I allready have an idea where to organize it next year, but I first have to find out if we are allowed to do that there ;)

Inactive Coach in the MBBL
Ex-Coach in the dead MBBL2, PBEMBBL, CSBBL, PDHBBL, RABBL, REBBL Challenge and Dwarf

Proud Ex-Member of the German National Team.
Vice European Team Champion 2003 and 2004.

Ex-NAF ID 2973, also known as tfritz.
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

oh .. and it's not me next to Grotemuis and Bluedevil on that video by Dantitan .... :oops:

neverdodge
Super Star
Super Star

Post by neverdodge »

Back home yet, i ll just do a short post to thanks the organiser of this event, like every tourney i ve played in, i enjoyed this one. Was really nice to see some faces that now become (too ??) familiar . Seriously, it was a pleasure to meet you all again, and to meet some of you for the firdt time (btw, i learned thet Redborn doesn t really hate french (just don t tell hil i told you that ok ? ) ).

Just wanna say one last thing ... Oh my god !!!! The dutch girls are just :o :o :o

See you soon i hope ...

ohh ... false forgot to mention i did play like a real crap, apologize to all my teammates :oops:

kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

Just few words for the organizers: thank you for this very cool tourney, I really had a great time!
Sorry for the late on Saturday morning :oops:

I regreted not having enough time to meet and chat with other coaches :cry:

Once again, thank you everybody and see you next tourney! :wink:

(my pics and Zeboss' ones will be online probably today: more than 500!!)

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Thanks to all the participants; you guys were the guys making the tournament great!!

I'm not going to place any match-reports since I played like crap and scored only 1 draw vs 4 losses :oops:

I hope everybody got home alright and I hope to see you all again next year in Germany!

Cheers

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

BIG HANDS TO THE ORGANIZERS !!!!!!

Although we didn't end that well, all of us had a great time and we're looking forward to next years Euro Bowl. Especially the national squad formula was a big hit!

For my personal record, I'm pretty pleased with my 20th spot in my first NAF outing :D

Had a great time guys !!!

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Kool
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kool »

I came just to cheer French teams and to visit Dams. And you know what? it was GREAT, WONDERFULL, very good week end with my wife (who could see mad boys and girls who play BB tournaments :lol: :wink: )

The idea for this tournament was cool, and the result is that is super cool and that works :)

Good Job Lucy and your Team for the organisation, and well done for all players :)

ps: Froggyz are Best BloodBowl Players 8) :smoking: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

Relborn
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Relborn »

neverdodge wrote:Back home yet, i ll just do a short post to thanks the organiser of this event, like every tourney i ve played in, i enjoyed this one. Was really nice to see some faces that now become (too ??) familiar . Seriously, it was a pleasure to meet you all again, and to meet some of you for the firdt time (btw, i learned thet Redborn doesn t really hate french (just don t tell hil i told you that ok ? ) ).

Just wanna say one last thing ... Oh my god !!!! The dutch girls are just :o :o :o

See you soon i hope ...

ohh ... false forgot to mention i did play like a real crap, apologize to all my teammates :oops:
It was really nice to meet you in person. I still cannot imagine how you could think I hate the French ... even yet after being put on the second place by them there is no animosity :wink:

Big Thanks for the organization of such an great tournament.

And another Big Thanks for all those players who made this tournament such an great enjoyment. :D

The coach who recently won the inofficial 'most sexy male performer' award
zboub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zboub »

thks lucy and the organization staff!!!

Zboub gets the ref mon pote!!
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Yeah! Thanx Lucy! :D Thanx the organization crew and all the players from every where that i knew already or that i met.

I'm a bit...tired after the wk. :wink: I'm working on the pics and should post them soon with much more.

Next time I win !!!
Donovan McNabb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Donovan McNabb »

I Had a great time everybody! Big Thanks to da organizas! :)

From the drinks in O'Donnels on friday night until winning the 'Nuffle hates us'-trophy: it was great (Although I played like $hit and won only one match, ah well: at least I didn't get 'germaned' in the last round :lol: )

<i>"MCNabb: a.k.a. Joris"</i>
Orin
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Orin »

I had a lot of fun too on my first ever tournament, Thanks for inviting me to join the Holland II team.

I'm glad Nuffle still hates someone more than he hates me. I think the my Armour rolls on average wouldn't have broken Snotling Armour :( I think I got 4 or 5 injuries the entire tournament, and I mostly played teams with Armour 7

I played Chaos Dwarves, but I still need a lot of practice.

1st match: against the French II Chaos Dwarf team, lost 0-3, I don't remember much details

2nd match: against Lupus's skaven. rolled an 11 (pouring rain) on the weather table, which was good, since I had a Hobbo with sure hands, and I manage to get his thrower out of the game early (only KO). With a lot of fumbling around I managed to get a 3-2 lead, until Lupus's last drive. The weather cleared up and Lupus managed to get the ball within a few squares of my endzone. In my last turn I blitz the ball carrier with a Hobbo and pick up the ball, feeling fairly certain of victory. Still, with a lot of thinking, and a lot of luck (I loose the ball and it scatters in exactly the right square (Any other would have been fine)) and Lupus scores to Draw 3-3 in the last turn.
I think it was his own Rat Ogre that almost cost him the game (twice Double skull I think)

3rd Match, Skaven yet again Belgian this time. I didn't see a Rat Ogre so i started the match quite positively. But then my all my players started flying of the pitch, and when a Pitch invasion in the second turn of the second half (I was receiving, 0-3 down) left me with only 5 players on the pitch (2 of which were stunned) against 11 skaven I deceided that was enough and conceded the match.

The second day my big lucky hat with the flower on didn't prove to give much luck.

4th game against Longshot's WoodElves. I only realized after the match that Longshot is the #1 of the NAF, so I didn't feel so bad that he beat me 0-3 (Almost 1-3). My Bull Centaur almost commited kamikazi on his Catcher (with Block) and was on his way to the Injured Box when I remembered I could roll three dice, so I still got a pushback instead. (Very sportsmanlike of Longshot to allow the 3d die to be rolled).

5th game against Tim's Chaos Dwarves, another high ranking NAF team. Superb Paintjob! I didn't stand a chance, and now my Bull Centaur with Piling On starts to throw 12's for Armour, only to throw a stun afterwards.
I started the second half with only 4 Dwarves and a Bull Centaur on the pitch. This didn't make for a very exciting half, and when another member of the German team asked how things were going, Tim replied aptly (if i remember correctly): "Es is gespielt" (the game has been played). Another 0-3 loss for me.
Still, Tim was a very sympathetic coach to play against.

All in All, I had a great time (despite getting slaughtered in 4 of the 5 matches), met a lot of you guys in person, looked at a lot of greatly painted mini's and I'll certainly be there next year. Only this time with Woodelves please!

The truth of the BBRC 2004 finally hits home:
"What!? No more Dauntless Ogres!?"
Aramil
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aramil »

Ok, I arrived in Bologna NOW (yes.. a 22 h trip.... I'm definately destroyed! :zzz: )...

Thanks to all the organizers (expecially), to the teams, the players etc etc.... It has been fantastic!

All the Italians are really excited and interested in taking parts in MANy more tournaments abroad...

I'm happy for the result... we came to the tournament with the aim of not loosing all the games... We reached the sixth place in the ranking and just a single point far from Spain...

At least we proved we CAN stay on the map (look at the tournament presentation on the first page of the web site ;))... but we want to do better next year :D

I have to thank a lot both Florian and Sylvain for the big help they gave to our team. I hope the enjoied playing with us, also if they didn't reached the results their countries gained... :)

I avoid the description of my games... I'm still a bad BB player, but the same I gained 1,5 points and I'm very rpoud of them... but the important thing is that I played 5 matches and I enjoed all of them... expecially becouse I had the possibility to talk and laugh with all my opponents (expecially M@hobbit ;)... we joked a lot, in fact... and I think he's a great guy :D).

Thanks again to everybody, now we want to create something in Italy... this experience exalted all of us!!! :D:D:D

Creator of the Italian Open, the oldest two-days BloodBowl tournament in Italy