European Tournament for teams

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Damn, the bald guy beat me to it... :P

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Lucy, one of the Belgians called in sick. So... we have a vacant spot in our team which I won't be able to fill in such short notice. If there's still some people 'running loose' on the tournament we can adopt him/her in our team.

I won't be able to check TBB anymore so I'll here the good news tomorrow.

NH

Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

at this rate it will be 7 players per team... :roll:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

Nighthawk wrote:Lucy, one of the Belgians called in sick. So... we have a vacant spot in our team which I won't be able to fill in such short notice. If there's still some people 'running loose' on the tournament we can adopt him/her in our team.
With 30 French people running around, if one told me he was actually Wallonian I'd believe him.

Redfang
Legend
Legend
Location: With the wife, watching Zara and the Hasslefree chick from behind their bedroom curtain...

Post by Redfang »

Going off-line to find my stuff and get on my way to Amsterdam now.

See you guys there!!!

By the way, shouldn't we device a nice song to comfort the Brits for not being at the tournament? Something like:

"And you chaps weren't there!"

R

Ik wou dat ik twee blondjes was,
Dan kon ik samen spelen.

[size=67][url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334]Bragging[/url][/size]

What keeps me busy nowadays: [url=http://www.bruchius.com/]Fun with violence.[/url]
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

i'm off as well ... GO GERMANY!

cya there or after all is over :)

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Good trip everybody and see you all tomorrow!! Enjoy the last preparations tonight in the pub!!

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

I guess a French/German player could help the Belgain team out.

But it would have been handy if you told me who it was and which teams were available....

Lucy
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Vindicta Mickey
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vindicta Mickey »

Well, just returned from the Eurobowl, one "Nuffle hates us" prize on my resume and I have to say, I had a great time! I lost four of my five matches, but that does not bother me one bit!

Thank you Lucy and Redfang!

Now I have to hope I'll be there next year in Germany... :wink:

madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Can I actually be the first one to post a reaction???.... 8)

First of all: THANKS EVERYBODY!!! I had a great weekend with some very exciting games.

The 2nd French team won the tournament, with the Germans close behind. Dutch 1 came in 3rd. For all the details: http://eurobowl.denes.nl/country/index.pl.

Just a short rundown of my matches. I played the Rotting Rags, an undead team which ended up with 2 ghouls getting dodge and 2 mummies with piling on.
1 - Tusser Stone's, dwarfs by Francisco Garcia: 2-0.
Although we weren't too happy starting of against the Spanish I played a very nice game. I don't recall the details of the game, but I do remember playing against very well painted miniatures. I managed to make 2 casualties giving me the upper hand in numbers on top of the upper hand on speed.

2 - The Horde, orcs by Mario van Hissenhoven: 3-2
Mario told me he only picked up Blood Bowl a few weeks ago because he was asked to join the Belgium team. Hearing this gave me good hope for the match. It didn't go bad at all, but 3 BOB's walking around neutralizes my 2 mummies. He managed to score his 2nd TD in the last round, making the score look a little more tied than the game played. But a great game nontheless.

3 - Couronne Runners, humans by Trambi: 2-2
Trambi started of very good and scored his 2nd TD in his 3rd turn (he had a blitz...). Things looked pretty grave at that point. But slowly wrecking my way forward I came back to 1-2 by the end of half 1. I was receiving in the 2nd half so the sun was rising again. After I tied the score the game got really tense. In his final turn he threw the ball towards my end zone to keep it out of my hands. So I tried to retrieve if from 5 squares from my end zone, with both ghouls injured and out of the game. The action consisted of pick up, 2 go for it's, catch (hand-off), go for it, quick pass, catch, go for it. This was all done by 3 wights and only the last go for it failed. This to the disappointment of the Dutchies and the relieve by the French.

4 - Skavenblight 69'ers, skaven by Gorone: 0-4
This was just not my match. The skaven made their dodge rolls like they should. My mummies couldn't even block decently with 3-die blocks just pushing the skaven back. Gorone played great, keeping his rat ogre out of my hands for most of the turns, like he should. After the 1st 2 TD's the real excitement went from the game, but I did have the pleasure of killing a gutter runner at the very end.

5 - Stella Gialla Granarolo, dark elves by Aramil: 2-0
Aramil choose me to be receiving on the 1st half, giving me the option of reducing the numbers on his team before he was up. At least, this was the plan. I failed to pick up the ball, leaving it between 2 ghouls (happy me). After some blocking and dodging I managed to retrieve the ball in turn 2 and run into some hiding from the rest of the team. The next couple of turns Aramil would try to harass my ghoul and I kept moving/blocking my way forward by 1 square. In turn 5 I ran for it. The ghoul got sandwiched between a witch elf and a line elf. Dodging out of there proved bad business. Next Aramil failed a block, making sure he couldn't score any more. Half 2 started of with a skull on a 1-die block which Aramil decided not to re-roll. I would have done the same thing, but in my 2nd turn it proved fatal: my ghoul dodged, picked up the ball and scored. Kicking again I managed to get 4 tackle zones on the ball which is too much even for an elf. With his witch elves and the blitzer being to far away, I could make a quiet run towards the end zone once more.

All in all a very great tournament with a lot of new faces to remember. Thanks once more and see you all next year in Germany!!

madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Okay, Vindicta Mickey beat me to it, but I had to type more.... :lol:

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

My game reports will follow later on.
Computerproblems almost destroyed the beginning, but we got lucky sorting it out, making the tournament less enjoyable for our ref's :-?
I think the Belgians and Italians will have enjoyed their first international tournament and should come to others. Great sports.
"It gets even better when you play more of these."
My personlal favorites were Spain, Germany and France 1, but wouldn't have been surprised by a surprise Belgian or Italian team (especially, since I didn't know them).
DAY ONE:
Surprisingly, we (except me :lol: ) slaughtered the Spanishin the first round with 5,5-2,5. The Belgians were beaten 4,5-3,5 in the second round and after beating France I 5-3, we were leading with 15 points and the Germans had 14 points.
DAY TWO:
Now we had to play France II and got smacked 5,5-2,5 while our cousins (Holland II) had beaten them 5,5-2,5.
Now the score was:
Holland I 17,5 points
Germany 17,5 points
Spain 17,5 points
France II 17 points

So, it got really exciting when playing the last round...
Spain only scored 3 points against France I, which meant that France I even outranked the Spanish :P . Holland I scored 4,5 points against Italy, but Germany outclassed Holland II 5,5-2,5 and looked confident for the win, but France II amazing 6,5-1,5 win in the last round rocketed them to 1st place. Which finally means that they got the title and the prizes but Germany has to organise it next year. I hoped it didn't have to be like this, but the unthinkable happened :cry:

My personal opinion?
This format is really cool. France II had a very bad 1st round, but could still recover and win the trophy. It always remained tense and exciting for the majority of the players, because even if you lost several matches, your other teamplayers could still have organised a good score (or vice versa). That's why 4-5 teams had a good shot at the title during the last round, keeping 32-40 coaches sitting at the edge of their seats trying to score a good result...

Lucy: thanking Grotemuis and Dave for their 10 points :D They became overal 3rd and 2nd best players of the tourney....
:smoking:

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

Just came back ... wow, 4h from Amsterdam to Mannheim with a 10 min stop in Darmstadt to drop Tom off, not bad.

Great tournament. Lots of fun, beer and tons of stuff to talk about for ages :D (more tomorrow after a bit of sleep)

Germany did well, it was very tight, but the french 2 just had the final egde above us (although we beat them in the direct comparison). Nuffle smiling on my dice all weekend, won 4, tied 1, beat Longshot (who had a really bad first day with 3! losses and no luck at all).
Norse wrote:Damn, the bald guy beat me to it... :P
Really prophetic, Norse ... quite disturbing :)

/me walks of with the Best Painting prize ... :o :P :D

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Tim wrote:Germany did well, it was very tight, but the french 2 just had the final egde above us (although we beat them in the direct comparison). Nuffle smiling on my dice all weekend, won 4, tied 1, beat Longshot (who had a really bad first day with 3! losses and no luck at all).
nah, you won 'cus you played both reserve teams :P

(edit: forgot to write anything :oops: )

Tom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Tom »

Dave wrote:
Tim wrote:Germany did well, it was very tight, but the french 2 just had the final egde above us (although we beat them in the direct comparison). Nuffle smiling on my dice all weekend, won 4, tied 1, beat Longshot (who had a really bad first day with 3! losses and no luck at all).
nah, you won 'cus you played both reserve teams :P
Hey, we've also beaten France I (tho, only on TD's, but who cares, it counts as victory :P).

But also a short resume, it was a very great tournament, altho I only drew 3, and lost 2. But I had 2 2-2, both agains Elves (first High Elves, then Wood Elves), and both times I was behind. First against the High Elves, a last Round thrown Goblin gave me the 2-2, and against the Wood Elves, a very good 2nd half, made it possible for me, to come back from a 0-2, to a 2-2.

It all also ended very tense, as we thought, that the direct comparision counted before the number of TD's. So we all where sitting around Zodiac, and looking how he performed against the Orcish Coach of Dutch II, or running around nervously, as we couldn't look at the finish (I was doing that). But sadly he could only drew, but I guess it was a great game neverthe less. The only regret I have, is that my Opponent in my first game, was able to roll a 6 turn riot at the start of the 2nd Half, with a score of 0-0, and that my Thrower then fumbled the Ball whilst trying to throw it to the little Gob standing behind my Ogre.

Next year we will win this at home, and take our revenge :D

Edit: Oh, and, aeh :oops: big thumbs up for the organizers, I hope that we can up with the same good organization next year.

Greetings,

Tom.

Inactive Coach in the MBBL
Ex-Coach in the dead MBBL2, PBEMBBL, CSBBL, PDHBBL, RABBL, REBBL Challenge and Dwarf

Proud Ex-Member of the German National Team.
Vice European Team Champion 2003 and 2004.

Ex-NAF ID 2973, also known as tfritz.