Brassman Bloodbowl Open 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Nighthawk
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Nighthawk »

Although the Belgian team didn't score the points in the matches they did score on the spirit of the game!!
Luckily there was still a dutch team which scored even less points :wink:

Shame Thordallim lost his last game, he deserved five wins.

Watch out at the next Euro Bowl - we'll all have Lego players !!! :P :P

Reason: ''
Nuffle Sucks !!!
Certified Ghoul Killer

T.A.N.A.H.E.R
2007 Flanders Chainsaw Massacre - 2nd place
2006 Flemish Foulfest - 4th place & Most Touchdowns Award
rwould

Post by rwould »

I should be along, with probably the last tournament appearance for the Vynheim Volcanoes before they retire.

So at least one blackshirt present. Not a scary one though......

Richard

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

I'm also there.
Can't wait after missing the Eurobowl

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

That's gonna be good...one time :lol:

Could we get some infos about the rules. What about the rule review, will we use it or not ?

Next time I win !!!
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

In any case, if I remember correctly the original post in this thread contains a link to their site, which contains all the information you need. And I received an email that said the rules review will not be in effect for this tournament. Shame, I was thinking about bringing a Pro Elf team. Now it's gonna be humans. I think...

madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

That e-mail went out to all the coach (for as far as I know). If you haven't got it, maybe you should contact Sam.

BTW l_dauguet: are you taking a StreetBowl board with you?? I would really like to try it out!!

See you all in Belgium.

m@hobbit blood bowl league
http://www.madhobbit.net/bbleague
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

I am looking forward to it !!!

It will be cool !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

madhobbit wrote:That e-mail went out to all the coach (for as far as I know). If you haven't got it, maybe you should contact Sam.

BTW l_dauguet: are you taking a StreetBowl board with you?? I would really like to try it out!!

See you all in Belgium.
Damn, victim of fame or what :wink:

Heurrrr...how could i say that...I don't have a dedicated StreetBowl pitch yet, half a normal pitch works fine as well.

I got the mail but i missed the rule review won't be effective part :oops:

Cheers

Next time I win !!!
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

As long as we can give the game a try I don't mind whether the street looks like grass or not. :D

l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

Yeah !!!!! tournament's tomorrow. See you there saturday morning ! :D

Next time I win !!!
berserker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by berserker »

Thanks for the nice event!

I really enjoyed playing foreign coaches and look forward to another occasion!

I was really pleased with the fair play of my opponents.

See ya

Antoine

"Light travels faster then sound."
Is this the reason why some people look bright until they start communicating ?
madhobbit
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by madhobbit »

Damn, somebody beat me to it... Berserker got in his thank you post before I did. :cry: :wink:

Thanks Sam, Christof and the others I don't know by name. We (the 6 m@hobbit league members and the 3 Brabo's) had great fun and really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks for all the time and energy involved in organizing an event like this.

And of course thanks to all the fellow participants. I enjoyed some very tight and some easier (for good and bad) matches.
Nighthawk: we'll have to play again someday to let me show those last 5 pointy ears the road to the dead & injured box. :evil: :wink:

Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Had much fun as well. Many thanks to the organizers and my opponents. Enjoyed every match. But best liked seeing my luck turn to favour me when the French started to cheer on my opponents :wink:

kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

What are the results ?
Did the French win something ?

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
Yavatol
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Yavatol »

Here are my match reports:

Played Wood Elves. 2 Wardancers, 6 Linemen, 3 Catchers, 3 re-rolls, FF 2

First match against Chaos Dwarves.
This was simply a match that went my way totally. The first half was hard fought. I broke his first drive to score 1-0 and than stopped him scoring the rest of the half. But best luck was that I managed to take out 2 Chaos Dwarves and his apothecary failed. Second have I started receiving scored 2-0. This put to much pressure on my opponent. He had to take chances and me rolling perfect defence twice (I think) was not a big help. Ended 4-0.
One liner got kick, the other got tackle.

Second match against Wood Elves (JC, I think)
I think this was the most enjoyable match I played in tournament. Two Wood Elf teams, two different tactics. I received the first drive. Score. He received, I took his ball, but he took it back. Score. Left me enough time to score again to end the half 2-1. Second half he started receiving. Score. Then things start to go wrong. Got a pitch invasion against me that took out a catcher and knocked out a wardancer, rolled about 4 double skulls and lost the ball. 2-3. Things were looking grim when he rolled a perfect defence on my next drive. But got a touchback. And copied his tactic to run in 3-3. By this time a lost a few players and he didn't. He scored 4-3 easily leaving me 3 turn to settle the match, with only a few guys left. This was a long match at table one and his French mates started to cheer him on. Had to pick up the ball in deep my half. On the subsequent round the liner fell down on a going-for-it. But the ball ended up with one of my players anyway. This player refused to go down and I scored the 4-4.
This was a well fought match. I had to come back from a stroke of bad luck but hung in there against the odds. We played differently but ended copying each others tactics, which was great.
One liner got sure hands, the tackler got block.

Third match against Norse (Chris)
Chris is simply a very good player who gave me little chance to win. Started to receive nearly spoiled my drive with a double one, but managed to score in turn three. Chris took out one wardancer, throw a rock got a catcher. Braced my self for 14 turns of grinding cage play. A Norse liner was sent of for fouling my last wardancer and failing to injure him (that’s the price you pay for failure :D ). Got one shot in the first half to stop Chris to score, but failed the 5+ dodge with a catcher. In the second half I was down on numbers but had one shot at breaking his cage when his guarder was out of position. Failed. Set up for a one turn score which was gonna be difficult, but possible. Took about 10 minutes to figure out the best approach only to see Chris roll Perfect Defence.
Overall a well played match, in which I lacked the luck I needed to break the Norse cage. So I lost 1-2. Chris went on to win the tourney, which was a little comfort.
Liner got dodge, catcher got side step.

Fourth match against Skaven (Marco, whose TTB name is El Condor, I believe)
I play in the same league as Marco, lost against him in my previous tournament and looked forward to set matters straight. Lost the toss and Marco scored with little difficulty. Ran in the equalizer with ease. Third drive Marco had some troubles. I managed to trap and push out his Storm Vermin with guard. The public made sure he was not going to come back. On the subsequent round Marco rolled a double one. Picked up the ball and took the lead. This left him only one turn to score, so he set up for the OTT. But I saw it coming and he tried to push my side stepper around. Second half Marco used about 6 re-rolls and I used none. Started receiving and scored 3-1. Knocked out a few players while doing so. He did managed to get passed my defence one more time. But the match was played when his knocked out Skaven refused to come back. I scored 4-2 with little opposition. With two turns on the clock Marco had only one option left. Score a one turner and hope for a blitz afterwards. He pushed a liner to the right position. Passed the ball to the Gutter Runner, but the liner intercepted between 6 Skaven. I pushed my liner out and scored 5-2.
Kicker got block, another liner got dodge.

Last match against Norse (French player called Johan).
This was another great match. In which I was rather unfortunate during the first 12 turns but regained more luck than I deserved in the last few. Johan started to receive and scored in four turns. Took out my side stepper on turn one. He had a blodge side stepping catcher who I simply could not hurt, even tough my tackler was after him the whole match. Next drive I had already lost to many players to score an easy touch down. But enough players and enough wits left after 5 matches to score an unconventional one, which ended the first half 1 all. I had tried my best to take out a few key players but not even managed to knock them out. Pushed a blitzer out, only to see him coming back on the next drive.
The second half I started to receive and with only a few players and a little bluff managed to score 2-1 with my last catcher on the pitch. Johan received and slowly made his way towards my end-zone. The ball firmly in the hands of his blodger. At one point I had only seven elves standing and but mostly lying on the pitch. There was a little gap in his defence and I had only one shot. Than the impossible happened. I took the blodger down on a one die block and managed to pick up the ball on a 4+ dodge and 4+ pick up. Threw the ball towards an empty square near the line of scrimmage. Johan could still pick it up but defending it was more difficult. By this time his mates started cheering him on. This was the second time the French gathered around my table, and I hope they will do it more often because it proved lucky for me again. I blitzed the ball carrier another time took him down. The same catcher picked up the ball against the same odds :o . Threw it towards the end-zone again. Johan was by this time knocking down my Elves on each and every block and never failed to break my armour. In the end I had only 3 Elves left. But he failed the last crucial pass in his final turn and I won.

All in all I had a very nice tournament and played some memorable matches. I think I came in fifth. My best result so far.