Underworld Cup, Ann Arbor MI USA, 15-16 November 2003

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

It looks like UCon pre-reg is now open. You can visit the prereg pages here:

UCon Ticket (Weekend Pass=$20)

Blood Bowl Event (Event Ticket=$10)

Reason: ''
[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

A month away and the pre-regs are up looks like time to start making some plans. :D Can't wait to get there and play some BB.

ImageImage
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Okay I'm registered ... now I just need to finish the 25 figs for my team in the next 4 weeks and .... .... OH MY GOD!!!!!! :o :o :o .... excuse .... Galak runs for his brushes.

Galak

Tojurub
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Tojurub »

I think I must have been one of the first to register :D

I don't need 25 figuers ......just 11 strong dwarfs :wink:

See you there

Tojurub

Troy Spiral
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Troy Spiral »

Holy cow.. you mean there are like... actual blood bowl players in SE michigan? -faints-

I thought it was just the 2 guys i know at Pandemonium (A.K.A Neutral Ground Detroit, AKA The Game Store)

I might actually have to break down and rob a liquor store so i can afford some mins!

[url=http://DetroitGothic.net/]Detroit Gothic.Net Come Say Hello!![/url]
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

I'd suggest you do, Troy! Or borrow some... Underworld sounds like its going to shape up into a great tourney, if its anything like last years. At the moment, directly after attending the Deathbowl in Montreal, it sounds like there are about 6 of us committed from the TBBF in Toronto, if not more... :wink:

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Troy Spiral wrote:Holy cow.. you mean there are like... actual blood bowl players in SE michigan? -faints-

I thought it was just the 2 guys i know at Pandemonium (A.K.A Neutral Ground Detroit, AKA The Game Store)

I might actually have to break down and rob a liquor store so i can afford some mins!
Bring those guys along too. There's a lot of BB happening these days. BTW, if you guys want to join a league type setting take a look at http://www.oldboysleague.com

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Troy Spiral
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Troy Spiral »

the OBL seems like its based in lansing... (way to far) even ann arbor is a bit far for anything other than maybe a "once in awhile" drive.

Im havin a hard time mentally justifying going to the Underworld... 30 bucks.. to play in 1 tourney. Im a total BB noob.. no chance of winning.. ect. Might go just fot the hell of it though.

Guess i might have to break down and start a leauge myself at some point, so i dont have to drive an hour every weekend to play ! hehe

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Troy I dropped 30 just on the stadium I'm trying to build to bring and like you I'm pretty sure I have about a snowball's chance of winning.

Its about good games with real folks, learning some new tricks, and trying not to be in last place ... ;-)

Galak

neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Troy Spiral wrote:the OBL seems like its based in lansing... (way to far) even ann arbor is a bit far for anything other than maybe a "once in awhile" drive.

Im havin a hard time mentally justifying going to the Underworld... 30 bucks.. to play in 1 tourney. Im a total BB noob.. no chance of winning.. ect. Might go just fot the hell of it though.

Guess i might have to break down and start a leauge myself at some point, so i dont have to drive an hour every weekend to play ! hehe
The OBL is in Lansing, Ann Arbor and Garden City. The Ann Arbor scene has cooled since I'm in NYC and I was the commish. The Lansing crew is governed by cervidal. Heck, if you want to start a division of the OBL near you, I'd be happy to host it on the OBL site. The automation is worth it, trust me, plus you can play inter-divisional games just 30 minutes drive away!

John -

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
Troy Spiral
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Troy Spiral »

neoliminal...

Garden City?

In what sense is it based there? The 2 BB guys i know are Garden City based and they always seem to have trouble finding games...

as for OBL in general.. for some reason that totally-dead message board gives me bad vibes. I go there and its like "er.. does anyone care about this leauge? why is no one bothering to post here?"

Not to say that thats nessisarliy anything bad. Just my inital impression.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Lost my roomate for Underworld to split the cost of the room.

Anyone who would like to save a couple dimes by splitting a hotel room ... I've got a spare Queen bed in my room now.

Galak

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Yes unfortunatly I won't be there. Sorry Galak hope someone can take my place. :cry:

ImageImage
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

Troy Spiral wrote:neoliminal...

Garden City?

In what sense is it based there? The 2 BB guys i know are Garden City based and they always seem to have trouble finding games...

as for OBL in general.. for some reason that totally-dead message board gives me bad vibes. I go there and its like "er.. does anyone care about this leauge? why is no one bothering to post here?"

Not to say that thats nessisarliy anything bad. Just my inital impression.
The message board certainly isn't up to TBB specs, that's for sure. Most of these people get their conversations done face to face, so there's really no need for a message board. Look instead at the "News" link and you'll see the recent games there were played.

[b]NAF Founder[/b]
neoliminal

Post by neoliminal »

[b]NAF Founder[/b]