Thrudball 2018 - 4 & 5th August, Bognor Regis.(64/70)

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

fallingdownjoe
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Thrudball 2018 - 4 & 5th August, Bognor Regis.(64/70)

Post by fallingdownjoe »

Thanks to all of the team for another incredible event - well done for raising so much for charity! And thanks to all of my opponents for some great games!

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Public and open photo album here https://photos.app.goo.gl/53hu5mbweqoCwmyv7
Please add your own photos to it :)

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I grudge fallingdownjoe first game next year.

Apart from that, great weekend! Write up coming later :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

I, like my ‘flings, have woken up very battered, bruised and hungover this morning!

Keep finding new cuts and scrapes from where scs.sam and I had to sneak out (and, very quickly, back in) of the compound in the early hours of Saturday morning. :roll:

Thrud looks like a logistical nightmare to organise, so a huge thanks to the guys and girls who clearly put a lot of work into getting it up and running.

Genuinely had some of the most fun games of Blood Bowl I’ve played to date this weekend, game two against monkeytrumpet takes the top spot, for me. May have to tank my games (even more so!) next year to be in with a shout of playing Dockbowl, that looked fun.

Great to meet a few more local legends who I’ve seen on here, or heard about at other tournaments, see you all next year - I’m off to have an egg sandwich!

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
vulturesquadron
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vulturesquadron »

Had another ( only my second ) great time at Thrud, hoping to make it again though.
Thanks again to everyone involved in the organising of the weekend.

lgmdaniel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lgmdaniel »

Thanks everyone for the day, and thanks everyone I played too. I'm rather chuffed with my 'Most Thrud Like' win, and I think its the best result from the day. :wink: I can only assume that I won it due to my amazing skills at the memory game, not being able to recall anything and being just like Thrud.

I think I can still taste onion...

lgmdaniel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by lgmdaniel »

Thanks to everyone who painted my sons new Goblin team. I'd love to know who did them all, as he might want to name them all after various people. I know that bunny one looks like Harold from Steptoe and Son.

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

lgmdaniel wrote:Thanks to everyone who painted my sons new Goblin team. I'd love to know who did them all, as he might want to name them all after various people. I know that bunny one looks like Harold from Steptoe and Son.
http://talkfantasyfootball.org/viewtopi ... 58&t=44741

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Nagrom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nagrom »

Great weekend as usual. My apologies to scs.sam if I was tired and grumpy at the end of our game as I had an obsolutely horrible set of games (my on pitch performance that is, nothing against any of my opponents) going from 2nd after the first day down to 36th can do that lol.

Sorry I couldn't hang around for the awards, but a fairly long drive and starting a new job today meant I wanted to get home relatively early.

Will be back next year for sure

scs.sam
Star Player
Star Player

Post by scs.sam »

Nagrom wrote:My apologies to scs.sam if I was tired and grumpy at the end of our game
Dude it's cool - if my Norse team were decimated by Goblins and then couldn't even hurt a chainsaw I would have been far less composed ;)

Giraffe
I AM THRUD!

Post by Giraffe »

Was the best Thrudball I've ever attended, was like a family reunion but with people I actually like!
Really liked Jip and the guy who won Dockbowl, funny buggers, made me laugh all weekend.

But I think I hate playing Goblins as much as I hate KISLEV!

My tournament highlights included:
1) lunchmoneys skaven scoring with impunity every time I dropped the ball, which I did three times in the first half, and then it was a battle of survival (0-6 and 7-6 on CAS, three left on the pitch apiece by T16 ;
2) the "tuition game" with Nick, showing him how his dwarves should crush my goblins;
3) facing assistant ref and top calibre coach Jimmyjazz with humans (the only time you'll EVER see Wayne on bottom table), when Nick decided it wasn't fair everyone playing his games for him;

£4800 in the auction!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4) getting nerfed by the cursed "Orc dice of 2D3ness" I "luckily" won in the raffle (I'm amazed I snatched a draw from Alice with her bomber throwing 15 bombs, and me unable to hurt a goblin unless I surfed it);
5) buggrit watching my game fall apart when I failed to roll above 7 on my first TWENTY armour rolls, some with MB or a chainsaw, and then failed five successive dodge, reroll, dodges, then failing to two dice my choice his ball and chain THRICE (double push, double push, double skull 1/2906 chance of that!);
6) donating the green dice back in next year's raffle;
7) the delights of Dockbowl, which was at least a chance to exact some petty vengeance on Alice's team.
But above all, the lovely surprise of the Giraffe Mini!
Thrank you everyone who made this event possible.
See you all in 2019 (and sorry for the dice whinging, but Nuffle is a cruel mistress at times).

Selling ALL my bloodbowl stuff
20phoenix
Super Star
Super Star

Post by 20phoenix »

Do we have the full list of awards?

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

Giraffe wrote:Really liked Jip and the guy who won Dockbowl, funny buggers, made me laugh all weekend.
Cheers fella, the other guy is Carl Morgan, aka Gymir. Him and Raban run the Beer & Blood Bowl YouTube and Facebook channels, think the Dockbowl game will go up on there.

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
thor87
Super Star
Super Star

Post by thor87 »

20phoenix wrote:Do we have the full list of awards?
give me until the end of today...

SquadChaos Captain.
TO of Thrudball
Attemptee of the "Best Painted 29" Challenge (Only Humans to go)
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Best THRUD ever?? quite possibly.....

Highlights: 6 great games, or 5 great games and the one against Hawk, no offence to Hawk who did what Skaven do and was in no way smug about it as he promise he wouldn't be.... for about 7 minutes anyway.

The auction was AWESOME, so many great lots and some real money raised (still gutted about the Khorne team, but £200 was my limit) Ogre dice for £17!! Bargain without a doubt.

Got lots of free stuff including a hat and a shirt, many thanks to Andy for that (I know, but lets pretend i can keep them just a while longer)

Have to agree with what has been written with regards to the food, I am very grateful to the organisers for accepting my dietary needs, but even taking that into account i basically had a couple of ham sandwiches and crisps for lunch each day, as a T.O. i know what a ball ache the food situation is, but id prefer something individual over the feeding frenzy buffet.
Maybe a hog roast or mobile chippy van?? no idea how much these things cost BTW.
Just my thoughts

THRUD continues to be one of if not the premier UK BB event of the year, long may it continue.