Death Bowl 2003 - Tomorrow's the day

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Zombie played a Norse squad. :o

I did horribly on day 1 due to facing some very talented coaches and my dice absolutely loathing me (except on skill rolls ironically...oh wait those were Brian's dice...nevermind). Day 2 was a bit better on the pitch and I was able to avoid the Wooden Spoon. Not an impressive debut for me results wise (1 - 4 - 0), but the tournament itself was PHENOMENAL!! Everyone should put this one on their calendar for next year :D

A great bunch of guys to say the least. Special thanks to Brian for throwing such an excellent event and Andy for hopping across the pond to join us and talk to us about the game we all love so much!

Dook, as expected no one would part with their Gutterrunner - sorry.

Just to clear the air about a few things, the GR wasn't made specifically for Resurrection, but Andy had them in his desk and happened to bring them along for the event. The players just ended up calling it the Ressurection GR.

Another clarification was that the plan was to destroy the coin molds all along (to preserve the uniqueness of the coins for those who attended the BB and Chaos Cup) and it had nothing to do with a certain 400 quid auction :D

Although that auction sure made Jervis laugh...

Reason: ''

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Melifaxis wrote:Another clarification was that the plan was to destroy the coin molds all along (to preserve the uniqueness of the coins for those who attended the BB and Chaos Cup) and it had nothing to do with a certain 400 quid auction :D

:oops: And here was me thinking I'd really pissed him off :D
Did Andy play? If so where did he finish?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

poop though it sounds like andy still might have some more

i'll send some sneaky gobbos in to steal some ;]

sounds like you lot had fun like we did at spiky and isn't that the first norse team to win a tournament

well done to zombie

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yep, he may (have) come across as condesending and an arse, but congats anyway. Maybe I'll have to get a Norse team ready now.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
'Ed Basha'
Star Player
Star Player

Post by 'Ed Basha' »

He was a trifle super confident, but we were having too good a time to hold a little gloating against anyone.
Thanks again Brian and Andy for a super time. We of the West Island Basement league (not an official name yet) are hoping to set up and host another tournament here in Fair Montreal. Fingers crossed and Letters to go out soon to Naf and GW to solicit some official sanction. These tourneys are just too much fun to not want more.

On behalf of Chris, Jeff. Uncle Willy and myself, thanks again Brian, you did a Superb job, and please be flattered when I shamelessly copy you for ideas and Event hosting style. Ben miniatures were too good to believe, can't wait for pics to be posted. We need to hound him until he agrees to host a clinic.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

how many people turned up overall?

Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

Indigo wrote:
Melifaxis wrote:Another clarification was that the plan was to destroy the coin molds all along (to preserve the uniqueness of the coins for those who attended the BB and Chaos Cup) and it had nothing to do with a certain 400 quid auction :D

:oops: And here was me thinking I'd really pissed him off :D
Did Andy play? If so where did he finish?
He played for the first 4 rounds, but because the number of coaches was not divisible by 4 he and Brian bowed out of the last round. I think Andy did fairly well. OMM snuck away with an OT victory against him, but I'm not sure of his other results.

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Indigo wrote:Did Andy play? If so where did he finish?
Andy was playing at my request so that I would have the time to run around. He also stepped out of the last round at my request because we didn't have enough coaches to make a whole fifth table. Since he didn't play the last round it would be hard to say where he would have ended up for sure but for the most part he was an average player.

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Grumbledook wrote:sounds like you lot had fun like we did at spiky and isn't that the first norse team to win a tournament

well done to zombie
We sure did, almost everyone in attendance got full ponts for sportsmanship. As far as I know that is the first Norse team to win a tournament. Death Bowl does funny things to coaches.

Brian St.James

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

'Ed Basha' wrote: On behalf of Chris, Jeff. Uncle Willy and myself, thanks again Brian, you did a Superb job, and please be flattered when I shamelessly copy you for ideas and Event hosting style.
If you need any of the forms or spreadsheets let me know.
'Ed Basha' wrote: Ben miniatures were too good to believe, can't wait for pics to be posted. We need to hound him until he agrees to host a clinic.
Yes that team was amazing. I think Anthony has a little competition now for best painted team :)

Brian St.James

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Indigo wrote:how many people turned up overall?
Including Andy there were 18 Coaches playing in the tournament. Including myself there were 19 NAF coaches at the tournament. Not quite the turnout I was hoping for but hey, there's always next year :P Those of you kicking yourselves for missing this year should start marking off your calender now for next year. The tournament will be held about the same time next year.

Brian

Brian St.James

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

CyberHare wrote:The tournament will be held about the same time next year.

Brian
Hope it doesn't clash with Spiky.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Twist
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Twist »

I'll be at the DB again... It was a blast! Met tons of new NAF coaches, and even though everyone had a competitive spirit, gentlemanly play and comraderie ruled the day. My thanks to Brian, for inviting us Torontonians to your fair city, and for running an amazing tourney! Having Andy there was icing on the cake, finding out first hand where blood bowl is headed, and seeing so many GORGEOUS figures well in advance of their release... I'm still drooling! Although the fact that I'm going to have to wait to get them... :cry:

I must say, Bud got what he deserved after ruining my run to the final game (he beat me 4-3 in game 4 thanks to his armour dice in a WE vs WE game) by getting tag teamed by 3 teams after taking a 2-0-0-0 lead. Conspiracy ruled the day. :lol: My game with Wood Elves was similar, with me failing a 2+ roll on 3 different occasions to take a 2-0-0-0 lead, and winding up squished between Norse, Lizards, and Chaos Dwarves. It ended up in a Chaos Dwarf victory, 2-1-0-0! :o

I WILL BE BACK! Hmmm, maybe with Skaven... :wink:

Twist.

BKBBL
http://bkbbl.com/
CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Darkson wrote:Hope it doesn't clash with Spiky.
I'll gladly hold it earlier in October if that is what it will take to get a few of you across the pond to the tournament. Is there any interest? A show of hands perhaps...

Brian St.James

'Ed Basha'
Star Player
Star Player

Post by 'Ed Basha' »

Thanks for the offer Brian, I will likely take you up on that. I'm hoping to get enough work done to host a tourney in the late spring. Far enough from DB to avoid conflict and comparison. Have a great idea for a special tournament game, and from some of the feedback I got at DB, I think it will be a hit. No giving it away until I make sure it will work.

DB was a blast, although I got handed my green orcy testicles in three out of four games. the final was close enough to make me feel good about it, got a goal and most cas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.