All-conversion tournament idea

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

All-conversion tournament idea

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

This post could fit into more than one category, so sorry if it's not in it's right place! I am converting four different teams at the moment, and last night while I was working on them, I was thinking it would be neat (if possible) to have a tournament where every model on every team is a unique conversion. And it would be even cooler if each game board was an original creation as well. I am seriously considering hosting such a tourney next year some time (NAF sanctioned, if I can) in the Maryland/Pennsylvania area (USA, of course). I would like to hear thoughts on the matter. Who would like to play in such a tourney? Who would like to see the photos from such a tourney? Any other suggestions would be nice as well. Thanks! :D

Reason: ''
Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

well I think the idea is realy cool
I thik you should make the date very soon so everyone has lots of time to convert a team and field..
but I think not many people come because there aren't many guys that are good in converting models..

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I think your attendence would be very low.

Example the GenCon Bowl had the largest turnout of any North American tournament in the history of BB. 70 coaches registered and 60 showed up to play.

We announced MONTHS in advance that there would be a trophy AND a prize awarded to best homemade pitch.

Out of 60 coaches, 2 showed up with homemade pitches and one of them was just a nice drawn pitch on laminated paper.

As for conversion ... there were few of those at the tournament also. Its a great idea but there just are not enough folks out there to give you a tournament.

Galak

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

I agree with Galak the turnout would be incrediably low. I would be interested in going to a tournament like this but probably wouldn't want to travel to far unless I felt like there would be a good turnout.

ImageImage
traveller
Da Konstruktor

Post by traveller »

i would fit in this kind of tournement .. :roll: :wink:

Traveller

OdoGoodgrubb
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by OdoGoodgrubb »

Thanks for the input...I was worried that there would not be enough support for such an event. I think that I will instead run a typical tourney, but provide custom boaords for all the games (and then give them away as door prizes), and also offer a nice prize for best converted team (along with other standard awards). Time to start planning!

(I'll post an announcement for the tourney as soon as I have the details)

Thanks again!

Djengis_Khan
Legend
Legend

Post by Djengis_Khan »

OdoGoodgrubb wrote:. and also offer a nice prize for best converted team (along with other standard awards).

I think that is realy cool indeed !!
it will encourage people to convert their teams !! should be done more !!

:lol: Nice IDEA !!

The Future of Dutch Blood Bowl.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

For home pitches you should allow different sized ones appropiate tot he team you bring. So small goblin/halfling/dwarf pitches, large ogre ones etc. My Ogre field in particular terriffies throwing teams (or it used to when I used to use it), though my favourite remains my old polystryne field painted to look like crushed bone for my skellies. Twas the first bloodbowl thing I painted (yes, before the skellies even, and indeed 12 years later they still aren't painted!).