Chicago Touranments - Win Super Bowl Tickets!

Post your announcement for your tournament. You many only have ONE thread per a tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

CptnSnuggles
Rookie
Rookie

Chicago Touranments - Win Super Bowl Tickets!

Post by CptnSnuggles »

Hey Everybody...
I just started working for GW now... so I'm over to the dark side. Over the next couple of months we're going to be hosting bloodbowl tournaments (3 games) with a playoff earning a pair of tickets (and expense paid trip) to the 2005 Super Bowl... pretty cool, huh? Here's the details:

Prepare yourself for the 2004 Chaos Cup season with the greatest Bloodbowl Tournament series ever!! Come and play in any of our 8 Bloodbowl Tourneys to earn a spot at the Quarterfinals. Quarter-finalists will meet on Super Bowl Sunday at North Beach Feb 1st 2004 and compete to win an all expense paid trip for two to the 2005 Super Bowl!! Check out the following dates and times....

North Beach in Downer's Grove Illinois (630-434-1290) Starting at 6pm.
October 12th, November 9th, December 7th, January 4th

Crooked Hat Games in Schaumburg Illinois (847-352-8070) Starting at 6pm.
October 26th, November 16th, December 21st, January 18th.

There will be tons of fun and prizes at every Tournament!! Bring in a 1 Million Gold Crown team (Star Players are allowed) and enter as many times as you like. There will be a $10 registration fee which will include food and drink. There are only 20 slots available at each Tournament so pre-registration is a must.

You must be 21 years and older to compete in the North Beach Tourneys and to be eligible for the Grand Prize. Please call Crooked Hat Games or the Games Workshop Chicago Battle Bunker (630-426-0120) to register and for further details.

Alternatively send me an email at brian.carlson@games-workshop.com or message me through the boards.

Later,
Brian

Reason: ''
Brian Carlson
da nutty coach of da...
BLUE ORC GIANTS!
Melifaxis
Legend
Legend

Post by Melifaxis »

That's pretty frickin cool :D

Just wish they weren't all in Illinois...c'mon host one at the GW store in Cambridge, MA....you know you want to...

NAF Rankings
Commissioner: HBBL & GSBBL (7's)
Tournament Organizer: The Beantown Brouhaha & the Draughthouse Massacre & The Tricorn Cup
NBA Heretic & Proud Beer-Drinker of the NFL
Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

Tournament might get a little to serious don't you think. I try not to play for money and would never think of playing for SuperBowl Tickets.
After all
"BloodBowlers just wanna have fun!" :D

ImageImage
Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Post by Indigo »

Melifaxis wrote:...c'mon host one at the GW store in Cambridge, MA....you know you want to...
host one in the GW store in Cambridge, UK!!

CptnSnuggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CptnSnuggles »

The best part is at the north beach games; the entry fee includes some beer and nachos at each table...

Should be a good time, I'll try to make most of them!

Brian

Brian Carlson
da nutty coach of da...
BLUE ORC GIANTS!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Brian, you should get hold of Gregg and get them NAF sanctioned.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
CptnSnuggles
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CptnSnuggles »

Deathwing wrote:Brian, you should get hold of Gregg and get them NAF sanctioned.
Sorry I'm a little new at the whole sanctioned NAF procedure... how do I get a hold of Gregg? I'd love to do whatever is needed.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Carlson
da nutty coach of da...
BLUE ORC GIANTS!
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Go to the NAF site and hit the Contact Us button on the left, you can get hold of Gregg that way.
http://bloodbowl.net/index.php

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Don't get me wrong. I think the idea of tournaments are great. The execution of this one concerns me.
1. Holding them in a bar with the battle bunker just across the street. Do you guys do this with all your tourneys or just BB?

2. Won't you be eliminating everyone under 21.

3. Why tickets to the Super Bowl? How about to the Blood Bowl Tournament?

I may be in the minority but I don't really care about tickets to the SuperBowl. You are holding the day long tourneys during prime football time (Sundays) and you are holding the finals on Super Bowl Sunday. All the people who would be interested in the prize will be WATCHING the super bowl NOT playing Blood Bowl.

Just my two cents...

Xtreme
Mr. Zlurpee

Post by Xtreme »

you are holding the finals on Super Bowl Sunday
I didn't notice that before. Since the games are in bars I assume the plan is to watch while you play BB, but on Super Sunday I would rather be with my friends then elsewhere.

ImageImage
PapaNurgle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by PapaNurgle »

Well, having played in both the events so far, (and winning a bid with a Chaos Team), I can say that it's a lot of fun. Everyone is playing in the spirit of blood bowl, casualties first, score later...

As far as problems with Sunday night for the games, the only game on is on ESPN which is televised at the Pub. So, you really don't miss out on any games. For missing the Super Bowl game... well, I'll miss it for a chance to win tickets to SEE it in Person the following year... After all, maybe the Bears will make it next year... LOL

And playing in a bar? Well, Blood Bowl is a beer and pretzels game, and after tournaments at the Bunker, we usually end up at Hooters or North Beach anyway, so it just saves the drive later...

Hope some of ya'll can make it up for one of the rounds.

L8R.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re: Chicago Touranments - Win Super Bowl Tickets!

Post by GalakStarscraper »

CptnSnuggles wrote:Bring in a 1 Million Gold Crown team (Star Players are allowed) and enter as many times as you like.
Brian ... please for the love of God .. PLEASE. Either drop the star players or use the GenCon pricing method for them.

Tim Huckleberry and Jervis got massive feedback at the Chaos Cup that the way they allowed star players was not good.

I'd love to come up and play, but not if you have normal priced stars. Those tournaments are just a great way to see which team has the best star players.

Galak