Save My Humans...

Moderator: TFF Mods

harley_topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harley_topper »

I suggested this on another thread:
I would suggest to develop your team like this:
Try to develop your blitzers, they are the keyplayers in a human team. They can do both, the grinding game and the running game. You can also use them as catchers when it is neccesary.
Two of your blitzers need guard one tackle at their first skill. Then give them mighty blow, strip ball, one piling on (but not one of the guard guys).
On doubles dogde is a good choice and one with dauntless.
A human blitzer with Block, Dauntless, Mighty Blow or Piling On is a headache for your opponents big guys or ST4 players.

For your catchers the first skill must be block, it will help to protect them. Then sure feet and then sprint. On doubles Nerves of Steel.

For the throwers I would suggest first accurate then safe throw. On doubles strong arm.

For the lineman it might be block at first, one with kick, one or two dirty players (it depends on your playing stile) on doubles guard or dodge.
For the ogre I suggest first piling on, that'll help to cause some more cas and get SPP's and then block. If you want your ogre more safely give him block first and then piling on. On doubles I think the best choice is leader, so the ogre has a re-roll.
Personally I like frenzy but that's a bit silly. :D

Reason: ''
mrcoffee182
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mrcoffee182 »

Thanks a lot... all really helpful stuff!

All i need to do now is start winning some games and stop rolling ones when it comes to the match winnings table!

Half-arsed Assassin.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Half-arsed Assassin. »

When you have your full compliment of blitzers you might think about giving one of them the Strip ball skill. My number 3 blitzer took this and has earned his appearence fee by being a kind of 'sack the quarterback' type of player. Great for slowing down your opponents drive while you pile on more pressure.

Having said this it only works against guys without surehands, have been playing elves so no probs there :D

Worth a thought anyway.

On this note can anyone suggest where I go from here with him, got his second roll in 3spp. want to develop the 'Ball hunter/Runner' vibe with this one as I allready have two other blitzers with guard and tackle (mighty blow on the way).

Asperon Thorn
Legend
Legend

Post by Asperon Thorn »

Half-arsed Assassin. wrote:On this note can anyone suggest where I go from here with him, got his second roll in 3spp. want to develop the 'Ball hunter/Runner' vibe with this one as I allready have two other blitzers with guard and tackle (mighty blow on the way).
Shadowing. If you need to use your blitz elsewhere, you can stick him on the ball carrier or any other player. Or Mighty blow, just because I think it is a great skill.

On a double consider dodge, or Frenzy. Frenzy is great for strip ballers.

Asperon Thorn

Looking for Fair and Balanced Playtesting of the DE Runner 7347 Surehands G,A,Pa 90K - Outdated and done.
Half-arsed Assassin.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Half-arsed Assassin. »

Thanks Asperon, have never considered having a player with shadowing before. Think I will give it a try, although I usually play against faster teams such as elves and pesky rat-things, its worth a shot. MA 7 isn't to shaby after all.

Right there with you on the frenzy idea, that would be kinda fun! Characterful too, just to see the look on the ball carriers face as this rabid blitzer closes in for the sack! Priceless.

Ta.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

Human catchers are very good with Block, Dodge, Side step and Shadowing. Throw in Diving Tackle and you are all set. He doesn't even need a double. The extra point of MA makes a big difference to the effectiveness of a shadower.

The purpose of shadowing is really to soak up the opponent's blitz. You get that guy next to the ball carrier and he'll have loads of trouble breaking down the rest of your defence.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams