Looking to start a small online league

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

tgrozow
Rookie
Rookie

Looking to start a small online league

Post by tgrozow »

I am looking to form a new small online league. Here are some of the details about what I want:

The league will be formed of two conferences with six teams in each conference, for a total of twelve teams.

The league will run a round robin season in each conference, which means each teams will have five games in the season. The schedule will be generated so that each round eavery team will play one game.
At the end of the round robin. a Playoff round will be played:

Semi-finals will pitch the to top team from each conference with the second best team of the other conference. With the winners of the two games going to the finals.

The winner of each season will recieve a prize corresponding to one of the tournaments described in the LRB. So after four seasons we will have four cups holders (maybe less if one team wins more than one cup), then every season the cup of the specific tournament will change hands, so long lasting benefits of being the champion will be given to only one team at a time.

Coaches who join will be able to have more than one registered team, but only one team may be active at any season. Inactive teams may play other inactive teams in exhibition games to a limit of 5 games per inactive season.

I still have some details to work through but this is some of the ideas I had.

I want to use the Java Blood bowl client as the tool to play online.

Anyone who is interested please post here or email me at tgrozow@comcast.net

Reason: ''
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I'll join but I would suggest tweaking the winnings for the winners. If most teams only 5 games the winnings from the final can put the winners of the first season in a position to dominate the other 3 seasons. It's very possible to end up with one team who holds all 4 trophies and 11 other busted up coaches with sour grapes.

Oh didn't notice it was Java Bowl...no thanks.

Reason: ''
Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!