Nuffle hates me.

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Nuffle hates me.

Post by Deathwing »

LPL game against Methalusah:
Key play: (I'm trying to get back to 1-1.)

I throw a foul (without the eye), up comes the 6. off I go, argue the call, head coach ejected.
With no RR, Methalusah makes a 3+ Dodge, a gfi onto the ball in 2 tackle zones, picks it up on a 5+, throws the accurate pass on a 6+ (interception chance fails) and catches it in a tackle zone on a 4+.
My turn, I throw the 1D Block on the ball carrier, up comes the skull and he KO's himself, allowing Methalusah to walk down the field out of range and seal the game 2-0.

A few hours later, last turn of regulation against Dangerous Dave's Norse...

To get one of 2 TZs off a catcher (pretty much the only scoring threat), Dave's Blitzer throw's a 2D my choice Block on a CW, gets the push he needs, has to go 2D against again because of Frenzy, gets another push. Next a Thrower dodges out on a 3+, makes a 5+ pick-up (in a TZ, and it's Pouring Rain), gets the 5+ he needs for the accurate pass (interception naturally fails) makes the 5+ he needs to catch it (in a TZ and the rain). A 1D Blitz gets the Push/Pow and he takes in it for the 2-1 win.

"Thanks for the game Woody..I enjoyed that!" x2.

I expect you did. You pair of bastards. :roll:

Reason: ''

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wow, Nuffle's really got it in for you. :(

I think a sacrifice before the BB is in order, say, a ressie GR? :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Right don't want to be playing DW at the bloodbowl incase his bad luck run ends and he storms off and wins all 6 of his matches.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Tomorrow is my first game with my new black block dice. So far the field tests have shown very favourable results from them. Feels as if they wouldn't have skulls at all... Sadly they do have and they'll most likely declare their presence rather loudly in the next game. They're just lulling me into a false sense of security, I'm afraid...

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just wait until the 1st time you manage a 3d Block. Guess what will come up? :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

DW,

I'll admit that last turn was very fortnuate and in no way did I expect to make it. However, the dice didn't roll for me much in the game apart from that. Remember you passed your first 3 KOs first time, your first 2 unstable rolls, I failed more than 50% of my KOs my Giant was sent off first time etc etc.

As for my next game...... I am in serious trouble with no bench.......

Dave

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I've tested the 3d blocks over and over. I've tried cheating the dice ("I'm rolling a 3 dice block with my tackle blitzer against a halfling, you hear me?") - but they haven't shown triple skulls so far. The gnomes that decide the results of the dice and live inside them are hard to trick and they are mean, sick bastards. They'll "piss to my boots" as soon as the dice roll matters, but now they're giving me lots of POW's.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Dangerous Dave wrote:DW,

I'll admit that last turn was very fortnuate and in no way did I expect to make it. However, the dice didn't roll for me much in the game apart from that. Remember you passed your first 3 KOs first time, your first 2 unstable rolls, I failed more than 50% of my KOs my Giant was sent off first time etc etc.

As for my next game...... I am in serious trouble with no bench.......

Dave
Hey, you beat me up pretty badly too! :D
Nah..it just came a little too soon after that turn by Meth. is all. To suffer 2 'game breaker' turns against you like that in the space of a few hours is kinda tough.

I should have held another turn and denied you the chance in the first place...

Just to be clear, the 'bastards' comment was tongue-in-cheek, no offence meant or anything. :)

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

No offence taken of course. Just need to put it all in perspective! IMO you lost the game in the first half when you stalled too long in the middle of the pitch trying to beat up on me. My boys valiantly held long enough depsite several bodies crumbling!

Dave

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Stalled? The double skulls on my turn 6 pretty much stalled it for me, allowed you to get in and sack the ball carrier, and that was pretty much that first half.
:D
I did intend to score as late as possible, both to make max.use of the 'Thirster in case he disappeared, and to give my spellcaster every chance of picking up the cas. he needed while he was still ST8 (Effects of Khorne's Gift only last one drive).

Ifs and buts, ifs and buts...you won it fair and square, end of story! Good luck next time out. :)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Woody mate...you think hes got it in for you, you should have seen the luck the poor sap who's High Elves my Chaos Dwarfs pulverised this morning in FUMBBL had.

I've never seen so many skulls and 1s in my life - and that includes our game at Tulips.

It gets ummed up nicely by the sequence that ended the game:
He sets up all but one of his 8 remaining elves on the line, with a lineman back to recieve.
He bothdown's a block on a hobgob on the line. Another of my Hobgobs sprints around the edge to stick a tackle zone on the lineman who has the ball from touchback. Next turn said elf obligingly fails his dodge roll leaving me to trot in for 3-0.
Next drive. Touchback. He misses a block on the line before the ball carrier can move. I get one of my hobgobs down on the lineman again, but a missed block gives him another chance. He throws a block, skulls it, another hobgob blitzes in, and I waltz in for a 4-0 win on the last turn of the game.

One of those times when you just feel ashamed to have won.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

Unfortunately I have had games like that on FUMMBL (like the poor guy playing the elves). :cry:

GO STAMPEDERS!
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

I hear you DW, I'm like Dave and can't believe that turn came off. Possession had been bouncing around for a while and I was starting to feel that one of those BC's was gunna charge for the EZ unless I tried something....The rolls I couldn't believe I made was for the Treasure Hunt, I was sure I wouldn't get anything out of that. I just hope your luck picks up as I'm the coach of a cursed team (perhaps the world's worst performed Dwarf team) and sometimes it hurts when it goes on for too long.
4 games, 4 losses
TD for- 0, TD against- 12
Completions-0
Int-0
Cas-3 (in 4 games!!!)
My only skill is on a Troll Slayer with MB due to a handicap roll
Just started game 5, first Dauntless roll comes up snake eyes, I burn the reroll then my next block is skull....Fabulous...
I had to borrow money before this game so I could afford another player and get 10 on the pitch!!
No luck at all with dwarves for me, but to be fair, I'm a pretty crappy Dwarf coach which doesn't help ;)

You're only as old as you feel