MBBL2 Round 2 - Season 3

Be it FUMBBL, PBeM, the Cyanide Computer Game, VASSAL or whatever - talk about online play here.

This is also the place for discussing the various tools for managing leagues, teams and so on.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

MBBL2 Round 2 - Season 3

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Looking over the match-ups for Round 2 coming out soon (and no the results are not on the website yet ... I'm still trying to get the results of one last match ... they sent me the wrong file, but I know who won so I'm able to do the match-ups).

Lot of not so fun match-ups for my TBB friends.

Seannewboy's rookie Wild Card team drew the Da L337 Krew (the highest TR team in the league and the team tied for most casualties caused in the league's history) ... Sean's you'll be getting a 5th handicap roll ... let me know what your top 3 choices are.

Dangerous Dave pulls Dirty Rotten Scoundrels ... AV 7 vs a team with 4 Poisoned Daggers ... make him blitz you for those daggers, Dave.

MartynQ gets the Zharr Chargers ... Chaos Dwarves ... sorry Martyn, I know your love of all flavors of Dwarf.

Woody's the only one in the high TR group with an okay draw really as he got Olli's Wood Elf team, the Dewdrops which is probably not a bad match up for his team.

Galak

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Who have I got?

Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me, (ad infinitum) :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Darkson drew a rookie Orc team run by Nick the guy who makes the icons that one day should show up in the PBeM program

Galak

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Nooooooooo!!!

Not a rookie!

They always beat me, and normally get a crippling Handicap roll/card/set of dice.....

Played a rookie DE team in the LRB challenge with 6 players for the whole of the 1st half thanks to a "running late" result.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I dont even want to know in what sick twisted math universe a 148 tr 2 game team ends up playing a 249 tr with 15 games. Anyways my 3 picks would be 16, 63, and 52 in that order. Dear heavens, your computer at least is trying to kill my team. Im wondering if league points should be weighted more for multiple seasons.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

sean newboy wrote:Im wondering if league points should be weighted more for multiple seasons.
Actually Sean that makes a heck of a lot of sense .... hmmmmm okay I have your picks, I'm going to slightly adjust the formula to include seasons played so you all might end up with new opponents.

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Aaaaargh. Thanks Sean! :-? :roll:
*grumble..grumble...was looking forward to Welfs...*

:D :wink:

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Re: MBBL2 Round 2 - Season 3

Post by martynq »

GalakStarscraper wrote:MartynQ gets the Zharr Chargers ... Chaos Dwarves ... sorry Martyn, I know your love of all flavors of Dwarf.
It's not that I hate dwarves that much (though obviously I do!!) - it's just that I seemed to have played them a lot.

The Damned Generation (MBBL) has played 3 dwarf teams in 10 matches, while Arvandoria Athletic is meeting chaos dwarves for the 3rd time (the last one was also against chaos dwarves I note).

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well I won't be too upset if I draw another team - I hate daggers and believe that they are over powered (for their cost)...

Anyway if the match up stands, the hobbos are also av 7 and don't have Block to protect them. Anyway I'm pretty familiar with Jon's tactics so I know what to expect! - I don't fancy kicking at the first kick off.....

So.... this could be a messy game..... not good for long term team development.

Dave

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Deathwing wrote:Aaaaargh. Thanks Sean! :-? :roll:
*grumble..grumble...was looking forward to Welfs...*

:D :wink:
Welll ... DW ... you have Sean to thank for the fact that you are now facing Dangerous Dave in Round 2.... :D

Galak

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Dangerous Dave wrote: So.... this could be a messy game..... not good for long term team development.

Dave
I guess that still stands? lol! :D

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Hmmm....

Bet we can drink more beer than you.....

Hic!

Dave

:puke:

that's the thirster pewking!

Dangerous Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Well its early... but the Norse received and managed to score in 2 turns. We KO'd 2 but they came back... the Storm Giant was sent off and the Thirster didn't get banished back to his world...

So now I'm regretting going for that early TD....

Oh well shouldn't complain - I did score!

Dave

Wendall R.
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Wendall R. »

Once again my stupid Blighted Treeman didn't show up on time... I think that makes him either 2-7 or 1-8 for first half appearances. :pissed:

It looks like it will be up to my knifer to stop the Greater Pumpkin'ead from eating my poor dark elves.

"McDonald's will make you fat. McDonald's has the Big Mac. They have the Quarter Pounder; they will put pounds on you. McDonald's is the place to ROCK." - Wesley Willis, Rock n' Roll McDonald's
martynq
Super Star
Super Star

Post by martynq »

OK, the good news for me is that I'm not playing a dwarf or chaos dwarf team after all... and the one player on the opposing team with Tackle is missing the game.

Bad news... has anybody else looked at Jonathan Murphy's Wild Card team? Two big guys one with ST7, and two players with Foul Appearance. Actually, I have no idea how to judge the quality of a Wild Card team... they are just a bit too random to predict how they will play. On the other hand, Jonathan is a pretty decent coach - he was the first (of several) to completely humiliate my MBBL dark elves, so this could well be tough.

Mind you, it took my three goes to eventually beat Jim Morgan, so perhaps second time with Jonathan will be closer.

Martyn

Dark Elf Blitzer 8/3/4/8 Block, Dodge, MA+1, Shadowing, Side Step, Tackle